Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday Season 21 Test 23-04-2020

Author Topic: Thursday Season 21 Test 23-04-2020  (Read 21367 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Thursday Season 21 Test 23-04-2020
« on: April 16, 2020, 07:02:42 PM »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: Thursday Season 21 Test 23-04-2020
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 09:22:50 PM »
Could we get zero or maybe negative toe at the front? On the Tipo 61 that is.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 10:28:25 PM »
Yeah the tipo needs a wheel alignment, tiny bit of negative, it wanders too much. Alfa is definitely slower and maybe a bit twitchy (I didn't check the alignment) I could have gotten a bit more out of it If I fine tuned the tyre press, but definitely slower...at this track.
While you can put a lot of effort into balancing different cars, they'll still vary a lot at different tracks and then there's balancing drivers on top...if you go that route. I don't mind a bit of self ballast or what ever, looks to be a good selection of cars

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 11:48:37 PM »
Awsome  thanks for testing it out and the feedback.

I'll redo the setups on them and fix toe etc . This was the first track i balanced and i got better setups the more track i completed so i will start with the setup from the last track i did. It was tight and twisty so had to work hard getting the Ferrari up to speed it really improved the handling.

Stock the Ferrari is the slowest by quite a bit going by lap times , so the more speed i can get out of that the better i can make the other cars, on the other hand the Alfa stock is easily the fastest. The Tipo is weird the more ballast or restrictor that is added the faster it goes then after a certain point it starts to lose lap time. It like like the reduction in power to weight ratio

I am no setup wizard tho so if you make me the best Ferrari setup you can then the more i can improve the other cars handling and hopefully not have to gimp them so much.

Yeah different track produce different results normally the Muira is 2nd slowest but at one track it flew almost as fast as the Alfa.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:59:24 PM by Jarmel »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 06:57:01 AM »
Jarmel , I would suggest other than "Balance and Restrictor" leave the setups open. One persons perfect setup can be anothers nightmare, it may also help balance the field at different tracks.
Buellers test results show the cars are already fairly well balanced :).
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 08:05:41 AM »
Set ups don't make a huge difference especially in cars with limited control. I'm not really that good at set ups either, Bacchulum is and I get very disappointed when I don't find one of his on the server lol.
 Wally has been doing driver balancing for as long as I've been here and it's pretty good at mixing up the the field but might be too much work. Balance the cars as well as possible let set up be open and maybe have a limit to how many times you can use one car...maybe? Or use a qualifying race to determine who gets which car...maybe?
 It's looking pretty good as is so might be worth leaving it less complicated.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 09:55:30 AM »
Jarmel , I would suggest other than "Balance and Restrictor" leave the setups open. One persons perfect setup can be anothers nightmare, it may also help balance the field at different tracks.
Buellers test results show the cars are already fairly well balanced :).

Set ups don't make a huge difference especially in cars with limited control. I'm not really that good at set ups either, Bacchulum is and I get very disappointed when I don't find one of his on the server lol.
 Wally has been doing driver balancing for as long as I've been here and it's pretty good at mixing up the the field but might be too much work. Balance the cars as well as possible let set up be open and maybe have a limit to how many times you can use one car...maybe? Or use a qualifying race to determine who gets which car...maybe?
 It's looking pretty good as is so might be worth leaving it less complicated.

There is just too much difference between the cars not to use ballast and restrictor.

Once setup half decently each car is about 2 seconds a lap quicker from the default setup while using the ai for consistency.

The alfa is normally 5 seconds quicker than the ferrari at each track and the alfa setup out of the box is very drivable but with changes does also pick up an extra 2 secs a lap. Most of the time is picked up by correcting the camber and the toe settings , slight pickup in times when stiffening the cars and lowering them.

So what I am thinking is set the toe and camber as good as possible on the slower cars and then not as good on the the faster cars ( Alfa , Maserati but fix the toe on the latter) but still make them very drivable . Match these two to the same weight as the ferrari . After playing with camber/toe + restrictor and then leave the other options open for each driver. Instead of trying to get them perfectly balanced just get them close enough.  As everyone here is quite good at balancing the field out by jumping in a slower car.

Silverstone was the test track used as 1. I knew it and 2. as its a kunos track I presumed the ai lines would be better than some of the track mods ai lines ( which it does seem to be the case).   In the later tracks which were balanced I used more of a combo of ballast, restrictor and setup to balance. So really silverstone is the worst balance out of all of them. I'll get new setups and stuff done and get phil to upload the new balancing measures to the server hopefully tonight but more likely tomorrow at some stage.

One other point with the setups is you can tune them so there really isn't much difference in driving style between the cars (apart from alfa ) so with the setups in later tracks , Iv'e tried to keep the variety between them .  ie:  The Masa is fighting for grip all the time,  The fezza loves throttle oversteer , The Lambo needs to be smooth and if feeling brave use a little throttle over steer and the Alfa is on rails compared to the others.

One great thing from last night was it confirmed my thoughts that the ferrari and Maserati in human hands does improve their laptimes much more than the other two cars do.

Oh and if you thought the Maserati was twitchy try it with the default   :o every time you use the throttle your scared your going to die its good fun.

This is the first time that I've tried to do anything like this so thanks for feedback definitely gave me thoughts on how to adjust things going forward.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 09:57:55 AM by Jarmel »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 10:12:59 AM »
I did not mean for you,  not to use Ball/Restr , I think you may have misread my post ;). Just leave setups open.

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 10:21:37 AM »
Do we have to pick 1 car for the whole season, or can we change race to race?

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 10:40:11 AM »
Good question. With 4 cars to choose from, the max number of each car per track selection IE. grid slots, will be a limiting factor with changing cars each week :-\

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 11:07:13 AM »
I did not mean for you,  not to use Ball/Restr , I think you may have misread my post ;). Just leave setups open.

Um Yes i did misread it :)

Nope any car anytime , its not a season its just fun runs.

Good question. With 4 cars to choose from, the max number of each car per track selection IE. grid slots, will be a limiting factor with changing cars each week :-\

Yeah good point didn't think of that that I dunno how that would work out server side ?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »
..... Bacchulum is and I get very disappointed when I don't find one of his on the server.....
Many apologies. :-[ :-[
I have been located away from my rig, so my sim-time has been less than I would like.
Back now. ;D 8)
So if you want to leave setups open, I'll gladly supply a 'bacc-default' for those who want one. ;)

And as always, if you like my setup "but...", let me know and I'll try and fix your "but...". ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 07:56:10 PM »
Hi Bacc , just about to test a new range of setups so i can leave them open, are you happy to cast you eye over them and improve them where needed please ?
The most important thing to get right is the toe and camber , i think i have a good balance but the car weight shifts around so much its hard to get a definitive  "Best camber/toe" settings.

At this stage the Alfa and Maserati both have 200kg ballast ,and have set fuel for each car to do 8 laps.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2020, 08:45:04 PM »
There is not much to adjust in these cars.
I would basically get a base setup and leave it for the season, with gear ratio changes where applicable.
But that's for me.
As you say the toe and camber are dynamic so can be completely different for a given driving style.
I think that's why Roo suggested open sets, we want everyone to enjoy the cars. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »
you can change cars from race to race I reckon

with setups, I don't mind a fixed setup of anyone's,  it can add to the challenge of driving around it,  but I can understand people being particular about setups.
we could have a pool of setups, A bacchulum, Jarmel and Roo setup to choose from ? 

I can always slow someone down if they are going to fast on the night ;) and go back to old school doing the changes during the night when I see everyone speed,  only problem with that was I didn't get to practice much on the night
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal