Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 thoughts

Author Topic: Season 3 thoughts  (Read 74714 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Season 3 thoughts
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 06:32:14 PM »
In fact, how will it work wally? I think there is a whole bunch of you guys that are within 10'th of a second of each other quite consistently.
how do you plan to spread the cars?

The cars will be allocated by your position on the season standings.
Positions 1 and 2 will get the BMW Z4 E89
Positions 3 and 4 will get the BMW Z4 E89 step 1
Positions 5 and 6 will get the Elise SC...

etc.

sweet. So i'll only need to make one skin for the Evora GTE anyway...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 06:55:57 PM »
Dick you can get started skinning on an EXOS which is reserved for the special needs children so they dont feel excluded from the group.  ;D

I will skin up a Reliant Robbin for Guybrush and Darren.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 01:34:58 PM »
Wally regarding cars for the season, do you think it would be better to set cars on season standings or the last race? Kind of like the first season where a couple races I got the DTM due to one race with a computer issue and another where I started race 1 a lap down. Made it a little boring in the DTM even though I preffered that car driving wise it made for some lonely hotlapping races.

The tricky thing is always reserves and what car they get for the next race but either way what car will someone jumping in for their first star mid season get. Would it be the middle of the road car and what did you see as the average time spread between fastest and slowest cars over these tracks?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 01:47:17 PM »
It will be better based on overall season standings. Then you can't sort of throw one race just to get a good car for the next race. It should be more "self-balancing" this way too, with more cars and not just swinging between two cars each race.

Reserves will get the middle Evora S.

The time spread is roughly 7 seconds from fastest to slowest. It will balance out.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 02:03:12 PM »
7 seconds may be a bit much, it may be good to have a practice race between seasons running cars in order of the last season standings. I do remember the z4 being quite a bit worse then all the other cars there but I was able to match some guys driving the lotus elise s2 having to fight very hard to hang on to the evora gte. But the lotus is very slow in straights its very good in corners, the z4 is very slow and also the worst car in corners so it may be a bit too far behind the others I think.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 02:20:53 PM »
I think it will be alright. There will be 4 guys in the Z4 variants, so they will be battling. Next week, they may not be in the Z4 any more. There is a big range of talent here. In Guybrush's (or Darren's) hands, the Z4 may still be a weapon.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 02:49:53 PM »
Yeah, if you think about it; the aim is not to handicap the leaders a little, it's to make Guybrush lose ! :D

Kidding aside, 7s is a good spread, if you also count the fact that slower guys make more mistakes - and they'll be in the cars which it's easier to make mistakes with!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 03:27:20 PM »
7 seconds may be a bit much, it may be good to have a practice race between seasons running cars in order of the last season standings. I do remember the z4 being quite a bit worse then all the other cars there but I was able to match some guys driving the lotus elise s2 having to fight very hard to hang on to the evora gte. But the lotus is very slow in straights its very good in corners, the z4 is very slow and also the worst car in corners so it may be a bit too far behind the others I think.
Don't worry Marty - you'll be in the same car as Guybrush so nothing will change for you :) :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2014, 03:33:45 PM »
Don't worry Marty - you'll be in the same car as Guybrush so nothing will change for you :) :)

I was just thinking of Guy and Darren but now that I realize 4 people get these it will be harder for me to work my strategy, I cant beat them on equal terms as yet unless they take each other out which they were quite good at in season 1 I may add.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2014, 03:35:38 PM »
But for sure, we can have a trial run before the season starts.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2014, 03:58:33 PM »
I have just loaded up my server with one of each of these at Imola to see how they go, I will run a few laps online tonight then at some point change to racing the Tatuus at nurburgring as I need some practice with only a couple nights I can do this before the next race.

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2014, 06:21:07 PM »
Here we go, my first go at it:

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2014, 06:31:34 PM »
Cosmic, man!

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2014, 06:48:21 PM »
it's...... out of this world Grubbet! ha!
You'll catch the skinning bug in no time.
Here's a tip... All these guys here like pink!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2014, 07:22:19 PM »
Just ran a few races with these cars then added the 1M and e92 standard and s1. I think the only car that really should be replaced is the z4 standard as its only got street tyres where all others can run semi slicks. And the s1 is just doable but the regular on street tyres is another second and half slower which is quite a bit behind every other car. Still with dick in the GTE I was able to beat him running the z4 s1 but he is 10 seconds off wr pace and I am 1.4s off so once he stays on the track hed be 3 seconds a lap faster or more quite easily even if pushing wr times in the z4 and that would be 5 seconds or more over the standard one.

I think if you get rid of the z4 s1 one of the other beamers could take its place as they fit in quite well in the middle of the pace bracket and with the 3 lotus elise's and z4s1 this gives the 8 fastest guys considerably slower cars then everyone else still.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal