Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 5: Nurburgring race chat

Author Topic: Round 5: Nurburgring race chat  (Read 53315 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Round 5: Nurburgring race chat
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 07:02:44 PM »
Ahhhh, what the heck is going on, are we using formula abarth or dtm? I've been working on my setup all day for abarth, and it also looks like now i'm out of the race series?

We've been using the formula Abarth all season, and you're on the grid!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

G0RGAK

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »
Thanks wally.

As far as lap times go, what are u guys getting (roughly) with full race setup, after looking at rsr i'm well off the pace, but i have not set my car up for qualifying.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 07:05:06 PM »
1:57ish for me in race trim.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

G0RGAK

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 07:10:55 PM »
1:57ish for me in race trim.

Back to the drawing board, lol

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2014, 12:38:35 AM »

[youtube]CPZagswOSI0[/youtube]

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2014, 07:33:58 AM »
Thanks wally.

As far as lap times go, what are u guys getting (roughly) with full race setup, after looking at rsr i'm well off the pace, but i have not set my car up for qualifying.
I had my first run last night and a 1.59.1 was my best but I was having a lot of trouble stringing a clean lap together, so hopefully tonight will be better.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2014, 07:44:29 AM »
Thanks wally.

I had my first run last night and a 1.59.1 was my best but I was having a lot of trouble stringing a clean lap together, so hopefully tonight will be better.

Same, 59 after a half hour run, made a few changes to guys setup so it will absorb the bumps through the chicane.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2014, 08:52:57 AM »
Thanks wally.

Same, 59 after a half hour run, made a few changes to guys setup so it will absorb the bumps through the chicane.

You guys need to slow down. 1.59.1 is too fast. Why do you need to go so fast?!
Guybrush has been doing 1.55's I think he needs to be swabbed!! Must be on the roids.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2014, 10:42:20 AM »
Thanks wally.

Where were you having trouble?

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2014, 10:57:02 AM »
Thanks wally.

Mostly in the corners . . . . . just crap driving generally, kept having spins.
I just wish some of the slower drivers would get on here and post their times to make me feel better... ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »
You guys need to slow down. 1.59.1 is too fast. Why do you need to go so fast?!
Guybrush has been doing 1.55's I think he needs to be swabbed!! Must be on the roids.

This is my setup.  I am playing, I am the cutest kid in the world and love sim racing, hello kitty and rainbows :)

That is a direct quote from guybrush in an earlier thread.

This shows he doesnt mind talking himself up, also note the size would be an advantage with less weight in a car. Also he hasnt learned to count too high so needs lower numbers in his lap times to understand them properly. He is also in his 30's so clearly using growth hacks and who knows what other hacks he uses so we need a thorough scrutineering check of his car after qualifying.

My pace is struggling with a best of 2:03 so will see where that ends up.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:07:09 AM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »
Mostly in the corners . . . . . just crap driving generally, kept having spins.
I just wish some of the slower drivers would get on here and post their times to make me feel better... ;D
Well I didn't think you'd be coming off on the straights ;)

Here's my setup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rrgoncby3608xv/Wally-Tatuus-Nurburgring-157648.ini?dl=0

Wings 10/8, diff power = 10%

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »
Apparently, I've done a 2.01.
I know last night I found a few spots where I was making huge mistakes. I was throwing down PB's one after the other. Think I have maxed out now.

I would like XGN to recruit the 15 drivers bellow me...
http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&car=18&track=15&p=&nationality=Australia

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2014, 12:14:16 PM »
I know last night I found a few spots where I was making huge mistakes. I was throwing down PB's one after the other. Think I have maxed out now.

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&car=18&track=15&p=&nationality=Australia

I noticed that both you and guy are running lower temp 22c ambient bit of a bug in game as in mp you run whatever you set it to in sp. I figured rsr pro 26c would be best until servers have control of temps. Higher temp will likely give you more grip anyway but may reduce tyre life.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »

I noticed that both you and guy are running lower temp 22c ambient bit of a bug in game as in mp you run whatever you set it to in sp. I figured rsr pro 26c would be best until servers have control of temps. Higher temp will likely give you more grip anyway but may reduce tyre life.

I don't know if it makes a huge difference, but yes, it would be best if everyone had their temperatures set to 26, in the single player settings.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal