Xtreme Gaming Network

Trial race Sep 9: Lotus/BMW at Blackwood

Author Topic: Trial race Sep 9: Lotus/BMW at Blackwood  (Read 36169 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Trial race Sep 9: Lotus/BMW at Blackwood
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2014, 09:21:25 AM »
Do you have a decent computer, though?  I've heard someone mentioning a 6600 the other night...and that's like a living fossil nowadays.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2014, 09:24:31 AM »
It seems for people that have the cpu issues its more related to number of cars and not ingame settings. Ingame settings would effect fps but its possible to have cpu warning with no fps issues. Try 30 AI with collisions on at nords any graphic settings and you get to play it in slow motion. The game will run very slowly but my fps is the same as always. Its just rather strange and as we know by the italian error code for wrong password. What it says on screen is not likely the actual error, just a cryptic clue.

Seeing Dick had no issues with 24 cars at silverstone international when I had it setup with this mixed street car grid. It also shows there is something in many mod tracks that cause this more with larger fields compared to official tracks.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 10:08:38 AM »
Do you have a decent computer, though?  I've heard someone mentioning a 6600 the other night...and that's like a living fossil nowadays.

shut up that's why!

Yeah my Q6600 is getting a bit long in the tooth. but in her day Bird.. in her day, she was the beast of CPU's
I can over clock it. but I've got rid of my 'good' RAM. I've got 32gig of DDR2 ram but I can't change its timings or anything now. My MB was cutting edge 4 years ago too. Just shut up. That's why.
  graphics card is a bit newer GTX660Ti

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 10:09:37 AM »
The AI are much, much more CPU intensive because of the physics than anything online though. It's not really an apples for apples comparison with online performance.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2014, 10:37:09 AM »
It seems for people that have the cpu issues its more related to number of cars and not ingame settings. Ingame settings would effect fps but its possible to have cpu warning with no fps issues. Try 30 AI with collisions on at nords any graphic settings and you get to play it in slow motion. The game will run very slowly but my fps is the same as always. Its just rather strange and as we know by the italian error code for wrong password. What it says on screen is not likely the actual error, just a cryptic clue.

In this case it maybe correct....fps is largely dependent on GPU, but the simulation can still run at a lower rate - that can easily be CPU dependent.   

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2014, 11:03:15 AM »
I should have looked to see if my cores where maxing out at Blackwood.

Even though I had the CPU warning 99% or the time, The 1st race I noticed there was little warping. As the night progressed the warping seemed to increase and not just from me.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2014, 11:45:31 AM »
The AI are much, much more CPU intensive because of the physics than anything online though. It's not really an apples for apples comparison with online performance.

Thats true but its the only way on a higher end system you can get the warning, I have never had it in MP but noticed the game slowdown due to AI. I am just about to redo the AI file for Transfargaragan as they should be better at racing now as the guy working on it made some changes I requested for better AI racing. I dont know how many I can run there before getting a cpu issue, but it seems the CPU warning has the same effect in MP as SP but in MP the slowdown seems to have an effect on sync with the server causing weird lag spiking.

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2014, 05:47:27 PM »

This is a living fossil. In all seriousness though, my cpu is 4 1/2 years old, a i5-750@3.85ghz, and copes no problems, but I think it's time You retired that Q6600 if You can afford to.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:49:57 PM by imperious »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »

This is a living fossil. In all seriousness though, my cpu is 4 1/2 years old, a i5-750@3.85ghz, and copes no problems, but I think it's time You retired that Q6600 if You can afford to.

Shut up!! that's why!!

It's on the shopping list.. But the isn't any cash in the kitty atm..

Edit.. cause it's not just a case of replacing the CPU.. It will be everything except my 1200wt PSU and tower.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:33:55 PM by Dick Forrest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal