Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763478 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #540 on: December 19, 2014, 11:10:45 PM »
This one puzzles me a bit "- All cars have new FF gain values to eliminate FF clipping. You might need to raise your FF gain values on your configuration or add a bit of minimum. Advice 0.12 for logitech wheels, much lower for other wheels. Experiment and report on beta forums "

I assume put FFB Gain back to 100% and start testing using FFB clipper app?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 19, 2014, 11:38:05 PM »
Holy cow f40 is sooooooo much better now, it was ok last nite but fricken awesome now. I think its well worthy of a re run of a fun nite as its another car. Sounds are great and so much more feel in a slide, was a little awkward yesterday even if it was always fairly good now its great.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 20, 2014, 01:06:10 AM »
This one puzzles me a bit "- All cars have new FF gain values to eliminate FF clipping. You might need to raise your FF gain values on your configuration or add a bit of minimum. Advice 0.12 for logitech wheels, much lower for other wheels. Experiment and report on beta forums "

I assume put FFB Gain back to 100% and start testing using FFB clipper app?

That's what I've been doing. It does come up with slightly different FFB values now. I've set the minimum FFB to 8%. I don't know if I can feel any difference because of that, to be honest.

I agree, a lot of the sounds are better now. I don't know if any car really feels that different to drive though.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 20, 2014, 08:52:03 AM »
I was getting major shaking of the wheel in a straight line with min FFB at 7.
I now have it at 0, it's still there but it's better.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 20, 2014, 09:05:16 AM »
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/countersteering-force-strength-gain.7640/#post-101632

Post from Aristotelis explaining why we need minimum FFB.

I've set mine to 8% based on FFB charts I've seen for the T500 in the FFB clipping threads. The t500 doesn't really respond to a force of less than 8% sent by the game. Can't say I've felt a heap of difference though.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 20, 2014, 10:47:34 AM »
Here is the iracing wheel check program if anyone wants. I dont know if the results are even relevant for AC but I use it to check min force and heaps of other stuff if you are tech savvy.

The test for min force is in the spring force drop down menu, will do a test and give recommended min force at the very bottom.

Hope it helpful.

Fanatec CSB V2 = -0.0%

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/998lhar7jejd1ez/AAAlYps-9Y9UclSJKJqSBEbna?dl=0
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:51:10 AM by Krahl »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 20, 2014, 11:06:33 AM »
Possibly the CSB and CSR Elite use the same FFB mechanisms, because 0% certainly felt best for me. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 20, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »
After a few races on Marty's server last night with big fields, it feels like the net code is more stable. I sat on the bumper of a 350 ping for quite a few laps and it was excellent. Can't cure crazy ping warpers but hopefully it's better for the 'death by warping attack' like Aiman's video.  :D

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 20, 2014, 01:00:58 PM »
Yeah for the short while I let my friends on Marty's server I saw no jumping or anything which is promising as I am normally 'one of those guys'.

I actually struggled in the f40! I found it really snappy - maybe I went to aggressive on the setup? Lots of fun at spa though, those long flowing corners are great :D

edit: maybe I'd had too many beers. Had a shot last night and it was very controllable - as long as you manage the turbo it's loads of fun
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 03:16:10 PM by cramjet »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 20, 2014, 04:59:14 PM »
Here is the iracing wheel check program if anyone wants. I dont know if the results are even relevant for AC but I use it to check min force and heaps of other stuff if you are tech savvy.

The test for min force is in the spring force drop down menu, will do a test and give recommended min force at the very bottom.

Hope it helpful.

Fanatec CSB V2 = -0.0%

Should anything actually happen when you do the test, like your wheel turning? Nothing happens for me. Actually, if I tick "Min Force" half way down the page, I do feel a little kick in the wheel, and it comes up with 2.5%

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 20, 2014, 06:28:30 PM »
For the FFB I just reloaded the G25 profile then made my changes to that, to me it feels quite a bit better FFB force I still have at 55% ingame but min force is @ 12% as in the g25 profile and also what I saw in the release notes for Logi wheels.

Netcode was solid with high pings and most others just had one very weird warp spike from a guy who's car just stopped in the middle of a straight for a second or so and I was just under 1 sec behind lol. That caused me to wreck and take out the other few around me. His car did get the odd minor spike in the race prior to that but was able to race very close to lots of people even a very close race with a guy that had a 400 ping.

Really wish they would ghost people who have lost packets and are warping as that would pretty much fix that issue of random spikes. Most other games/sims are going that way now and some people will also have some sort of connection issues. A basic fix like that will make it so they dont effect others as with 99% of people in servers its been rock solid.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 20, 2014, 07:35:08 PM »
The ghost warping cars would be a good idea.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 20, 2014, 08:07:56 PM »

Hope it helpful.

Fanatec CSB V2 = -0.0%

Should anything actually happen when you do the test, like your wheel turning? Nothing happens for me. Actually, if I tick "Min Force" half way down the page, I do feel a little kick in the wheel, and it comes up with 2.5%

Thats all that happens
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 21, 2014, 08:32:40 AM »
It kinda feels like they neutered the F40.  Not so much of a challenge now.   Yet to try much else.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 22, 2014, 08:07:18 PM »
Edit: wrong thread.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:24:54 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal