Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763395 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: AC News
« Reply #315 on: October 11, 2014, 06:51:02 PM »
AHHHHRRRFGGG, having just looked through all the pics on the thread with real racers and real sim racers in action, I realised why I so slow...
I only have an old Oyster style watch!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 06:52:47 PM by Flattop Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 11, 2014, 07:13:02 PM »
Its not going to be random damage, I can imagine some people already over using kerbs then having a cry when they spin continuing with the tears after they get flats from over using the tyres. Teamspeak will be even more entertaining.  ;D

On another note I noticed mr Forrests computer is so down on resources quite regularly when he makes a forum post, the xgn forums go down as his computer is draining every computer connected to his in order to make up for the POS it is.  ;D

There is little something to look forward to for both of us
"Assetto Corsa guarantees adequate frame rate performances, from the most powerful PCs, to the minimum requested hardware configuration. As a matter of fact, the new release also includes support for 4K resolution, static reflections for low performance PCs,"

Pretty big words throwing around 'guarantees' though. I'm sure mine will chug along with too much detail turned up. But lets see what the final build is like.

I am considering crowd funding my computer upgrade though.
Get a sob story going..
It's got cancer of the RAM and it's cores only have 6 moths to live. It's ports have been exploited repeatedly.

Your computer will run AC silky smooth at 640 x 480.  Yes, that's right - Super VGA.  Wow.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 11, 2014, 07:25:16 PM »
Funny how I have had no issues playing at 4k or higher resolution, so I dont see that as a new thing over the current version. The launcher has issues with the higher res but pretty pointless running it full screen when it only uses about 20% of the screen space at 4k, may as well window it and have some desktop space too.

Get a sob story going..
It's got cancer of the RAM and it's cores only have 6 moths to live. It's ports have been exploited repeatedly.

I think ypu must have a very old school cpu if its got real bugs in it. Modern tech has abandoned vacuum tubes quite a while back and 3 moths in the system cant be good even for a vintage setup like yours.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 11, 2014, 07:55:44 PM »
AHHHHRRRFGGG, having just looked through all the pics on the thread with real racers and real sim racers in action, I realised why I so slow...
I only have an old Oyster style watch!

You mean a dumb watch I think Bruce. Don't worry I have one too.

Funny how I have had no issues playing at 4k or higher resolution, so I dont see that as a new thing over the current version. The launcher has issues with the higher res but pretty pointless running it full screen when it only uses about 20% of the screen space at 4k, may as well window it and have some desktop space too.

Get a sob story going..

I think ypu must have a very old school cpu if its got real bugs in it. Modern tech has abandoned vacuum tubes quite a while back and 3 moths in the system cant be good even for a vintage setup like yours.
I am thinking of donating it to a museum.

There is more pretty stuff being added so your titans might start to struggle with 24 cars, all that flying dirt, god rays, blistered rubber and twisted metal flying everywhere as we all dive-bomb Marty to check to see what FPS you are getting in turn one.

I just want them to launch the RC 'as soon as possible' What the heck does that mean? They landed on the moon as soon as possible. Took 9 years.

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 11, 2014, 08:06:14 PM »
I just want them to launch the RC 'as soon as possible' What the heck does that mean? They landed on the moon as soon as possible. Took 9 years.

It does say this "Assetto Corsa Release Candidate will be published in the following days." in the article so hopefully that is accurate and it wont be too long.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 11, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »
Well, 3 march 2298 is going to be one of the following days, innit? :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 11, 2014, 08:57:22 PM »
Well, 3 march 2298 is going to be one of the following days, innit? :D

I thought we abandoned the Mayan calendar.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 11, 2014, 09:02:35 PM »
From Aristotelis:

"Slipstream and turbolence are already implemented, should be present on the public steam version too if I remember well...
In any case, the front car creates a cone of "vacuum" that influences the aerodynamic resistance and downforce of the following cars."

The turbulence is interesting. Not just slipstream. I wonder if he's implying that we already have turbulence.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 11, 2014, 09:03:57 PM »
This is what is written in the press release incase someone missed it.

Assetto Corsa Release Candidate will be published in the following days.

Every day is following today but it does kind of imply the next few days.

I dont even wear a watch anymore but I do love the ones the merceds f1 guys wear in car this year, and also as soon as they get out of the car they make sure they put the real watch on as soon as possible. They must be proper time enthusiasts or getting paid bucketloads to try sell some "gentelmans" watches.  ;)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 11, 2014, 09:12:06 PM »
A few days equals less than a week which equals 6 or less days...

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #325 on: October 12, 2014, 08:31:46 AM »
Compulsory Pit Stops >:D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:33:37 AM by Flattop Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 12, 2014, 08:50:45 AM »

I'll be making sure Marty & Guybrush take 'compulsory' pit stops. by ramming them off the road.
 I'm getting a over-sized roo bar attached to me Exige 240R s3 as we speak.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 12, 2014, 08:54:08 AM »

I'll be making sure Marty & Guybrush take 'compulsory' pit stops. by ramming them off the road.
 I'm getting a over-sized roo bar attached to me Exige 240R s3 as we speak.

Better make that Roo bar very oversized, I do recall a few ocassions you tried to ram me and missed pretty badly. I think your pit crew will need to be on standby full time as you will be using pitlane more then the front straight assuming you make it that far around a lap.  ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
AC News
« Reply #328 on: October 12, 2014, 09:16:37 AM »
Interview with Stefano and InsideSimRacing - really shows why each car in AC feels unique.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 12, 2014, 11:05:25 AM »
Interview with Stefano and InsideSimRacing - really shows why each car in AC feels unique.

Very interesting that he says there is nothing at all contractually with any manufacturers that you're not allowed to damage the cars in-game. Kunos says that's an urban myth.
Cool gearbox damage is coming. The more you mis-shift, the more you wreck your gearbox, making it harder to shift, until if you damage the gearbox too much, you can't shift at all any more.
Kunos also mentioned they've contacted some English tracks to get licenses, which would be awesome. Oulton Park is one of Kunos' favourite tracks, he says. Yeah!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal