Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 762990 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #390 on: October 16, 2014, 08:56:59 AM »
I did a full uninstall last nite anyway just backed up my setups and replays, just want to get off to a clean start. I have all tracks I dloaded somewhere and mods I will add as they get updated but the official content should be enough for me atm.

Had hoped for it to install overnite as I was late adding to the crap that was going down on the official thread waiting for the update. Only to find the computer was off in the morning possibly a crash for some reason. Then my connection was down at home and only just started dloading it again at 18% only getting 1.9MBMB/s.

Keen to see the new content and spa, will test the cobras and sound should be interesting. I heard all mod cars now have no sound so will need an update.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 16, 2014, 09:13:25 AM »
I turned my computer on before I went to work so it will download the update.  Will I get a chance to save my setups before it deletes them all?

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 16, 2014, 09:16:58 AM »
No mention of ballast, is it there? (Just started downloading)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 16, 2014, 09:20:43 AM »
I turned my computer on before I went to work so it will download the update.  Will I get a chance to save my setups before it deletes them all?

Mine is still dloading but I am pretty sure that when it starts to install it will do the popup others have mentioned. Saying it will delete your AC documents folder or do you want to backup before continuing.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 16, 2014, 09:50:26 AM »
What's in my documents anyway? setups?
They shouldn't work anymore even if you do keep them.
Well,  they will be useless cause of all the changes won't they?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #395 on: October 16, 2014, 10:50:06 AM »
What's in my documents anyway? setups?
They shouldn't work anymore even if you do keep them.
Well,  they will be useless cause of all the changes won't they?
I only have guy's and one for the cobra.
It can all go.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 16, 2014, 10:57:20 AM »
Just did a few laps with RC v1.

Only tried the Cobra, SLS GT3, and the Lotus 49, and only tried a few laps in each. Using only the default setups the cars seem to be handling much better, maybe too good. Will need to do more laps to push to the limit, then we'll see. Most cars should feel good at only half pace though.

The old NKPro guys will be glad to hear that the "flat spot" is back. Yay!!! We will have to look after those tires now.

In the 10 minutes I have just tried I think I was grinning like an idiot.

rob

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 16, 2014, 11:29:52 AM »
Great news, Rob :)
I haven't heard any mention of ballast, but that's down the priority order, I'm sure.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 16, 2014, 11:34:42 AM »

Only tried the Cobra, SLS GT3, and the Lotus 49, and only tried a few laps in each. Using only the default setups the cars seem to be handling much better, maybe too good. Will need to do more laps to push to the limit, then we'll see. Most cars should feel good at only half pace though.

The old NKPro guys will be glad to hear that the "flat spot" is back. Yay!!! We will have to look after those tires now.

rob

That's great news Rob! If you're smiling then things are all good.
Have you had any cpu warnings or performance issues?

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 16, 2014, 11:45:32 AM »
Great news, Rob :)
I haven't heard any mention of ballast, but that's down the priority order, I'm sure.

I presume that ballast will only be implemented for multiplayer. That's you domain Wally, and I have faith that if it's in there you will find it.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 16, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »

rob

Well I'll be driving around with half a crescent shaped tyre then since putting my "Poland" (no resistance) brake spring back in. :)

It sound great though, can't wait to see the tyres blister and grain, etc. as well.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 16, 2014, 11:55:56 AM »

rob

That's great news Rob! If you're smiling then things are all good.
Have you had any cpu warnings or performance issues?

No CPU warnings in the short time I played Dick, and my pc is a few years old now and has struggled a bit in the past. But I only tried single player, and I have learnt to avoid racing against AI as that will often put too big a load on the old girl.

I am a bit of a Luddite when it comes to computers so did not touch any Graphic settings and just left them on default. The graphics look OK to me but probably can be improved.

I believe that there has been some optimizing done, so fingers crossed.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 16, 2014, 12:02:40 PM »
Excellent. Thanks Rob.
If it's downloaded when I get home I'll be testing with Mary. I'll be asking my rig the question too. Finding how much she can take. Will be drama for a few days while they get it all settled.

If I can draw out the pc upgrade for another month or two then I can afford even fancier stuff... Not over the top stuff like Mary or bird though

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 16, 2014, 12:04:19 PM »
There are tons of YouTube clips showing up for those at work or waiting for it to download.

Just watched the Cobra at Spa. Looks and sounds awesome on my phone anyway

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 16, 2014, 12:11:31 PM »

Mine is still dloading but I am pretty sure that when it starts to install it will do the popup others have mentioned. Saying it will delete your AC documents folder or do you want to backup before continuing.

Yep, it only deletes when it starts the up for first time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal