Xtreme Gaming Network

XGN/ARSE challenge race thread

Author Topic: XGN/ARSE challenge race thread  (Read 18492 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
XGN/ARSE challenge race thread
« on: October 20, 2014, 07:58:19 PM »
I've been talking to Norbs at ARSE and firming up details. Here they are:

Format
One race with a car/track combo nominated by XGN (AC content only).
One race with a car/track combo nominated by ARSE  (AC content only).

30 mins combined practice/qualifying, 20 mins race for both races on the same night, one after the other.

First qualifying session starts at 8:30pm Eastern daylight time.

Date
Possibly Tuesday, Nov 11 at this stage.

Teams
At this stage, numbers depend on how many drivers ARSE can get together. Whatever number they come up with (up to 12), we will match, to have even teams.
We'll choose our team by having a trial race in our selected car/track combo, and choosing the fastest drivers.

Points in each race will be 24,23,22... down to 1 (depending on how many drivers we have in total). Points from both races are totalled; the team with most points wins.

Rules
Track Limits. You must keep at least one wheel within the track boundary, typically delimited by white lines.

Redress. If you gain position advantage over another driver by colliding with them such that their car leaves the track, or by cutting the track yourself, you are expected to redress your position as soon as safely possible. Gaining position by "reasonable" side-by-side contact is allowed, but rear collisions must be avoided.

Server
We'll be racing both races on our XGN server.

TeamSpeak
Teams will just use their two respective TeamSpeak servers.

Skins
We'll have team skins, for XGN and ARSE. So our resident skinner, Mr. Dick Forrest, can make us some intimidating XGN skins for the two cars - the one we choose and the one that ARSE chooses.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: XGN/ARSE challenge race thread
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 08:03:09 PM »
Remember, everyone on the team will be contributing to the points tally, so no slackers!

So let's start the car/track discussion. Maybe something we've already raced in a season would be good? Like the M3 E30 Grp A or DTM? I know, the Lotus Elise!!! (kidding).

One choice is whether we go with something with that sorts out the men from the boys (like something hard to drive and with a lot of setup options), or something simple and slow. Or should we just play to GT's and Marty's strengths?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:47:12 PM »
we've a bit of praccy in the cobra...just sayin' :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 09:31:24 PM »
I'd say the Formula Abarth, but ever since I changed my brake spring over I haven't been able to get within half a second of my old times.  That pretty much applies for all cars though unless the brakes don't lock.

Mugello would be my pick of the tracks.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 09:35:25 PM »
we've a bit of praccy in the cobra...just sayin' :)
Like your thinking there :)
and if desperate, I will have a go.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 10:24:01 PM »
I'd say the Formula Abarth, but ever since I changed my brake spring over I haven't been able to get within half a second of my old times.  That pretty much applies for all cars though unless the brakes don't lock.

Mugello would be my pick of the tracks.
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the Abarth! We're strong in that combo, with Guybrush at #6 and Marty at #19 on RSR at Mugello, and Marty's #10 on the Pro rank.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 01:31:17 PM »
We're pretty practiced at the Taatus, but the Cobra is difficult to drive fast. That might be a good strategic choice (although I suck at it).

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 02:22:17 PM »
We're pretty practiced at the Taatus, but the Cobra is difficult to drive fast. That might be a good strategic choice (although I suck at it).

The new RC Cobra is a "new" beast and is not 'scary' and unpredictable at high speed as it once was.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 02:30:45 PM »
I feel a vote coming on...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal