Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763457 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #1260 on: December 21, 2016, 09:26:27 AM »
Aahh, so they've implemented 'placebo', nice. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 21, 2016, 10:07:36 AM »
I will be more specific the 917k with default setup is uncontrollable !!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:11:03 AM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 21, 2016, 10:30:27 AM »
I will be more specific the 917k with default setup is uncontrollable !!
Ignore what I have posted, I had spent an hour driving a 67 Stingray and jumped into the 917k, the Porsche requires HEAPS less steering
input and just threw me. :-\
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 21, 2016, 10:58:46 AM »
Sure that's not the placebo kicking in. ;) :P

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 21, 2016, 11:29:17 AM »
I just had a go in the 917k and found it quite driveable.
I just quickly jumped in all the new Porsches and did a couple of laps. I quite enjoyed the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 - a Carrera Cup type car, a nice little racer.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 22, 2016, 12:06:32 AM »
The  Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016 is ridicules. Even I can do a sub 6 minute Ring :)  Expect Marty to do 4 minutes laps.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 01, 2017, 02:14:32 PM »
From http://console.assettocorsa.net/assetto-corsa-end-year-blog/

Let’s talk about tracks, shall we? The operations and logistics needed to bring the Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway in Assetto Corsa needed more time than supposed, and while we confirm you will finally put your wheels on this iconic track within half 2017, we’ll keep you busy with a new – surprising – circuit, created from scratch and designed to meet your requests.

In fact, since the “ideal” circuit doesn’t exist in the real world, we created it. Do you like city tracks? Drift layouts? Endurance courses? Then you will get all of them, with a new circuit, that will be available as free bonus content, in 4 different configurations, ideally placed in Scotland and created in partnership with Nvidia and Sparco. This track will allow you to enjoy each car included in Assetto Corsa, from the very little and quiet Abarth 595 to the racing cars designed for endurance racing, to the GT cars you are enjoying so much. We’ll unveil more details very soon, our aim is to release it within the Q1 2017.

It’s time also for some new free bonus cars, like the Mazda 787B, the Miata NA, the new Maserati Quattroporte and the new Audi TT.  Then, we’ll be back with a new awesome “British Pack” that will bring you the latest line-up from McLaren, Lotus and maybe, something more. After that, we’ll welcome you again in our beautiful Italy, the Country of Alfa Romeo, Maserati and the Ferrari. Yes, the Ferrari: As you might know, in 2017 we will celebrate 70 years of the most iconic automotive Brand, and we’ll do it in our style, with seven of the most iconic and famous models created in Maranello. You can already start to think about your favourite ones, because you will have the chance to vote for it!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 01, 2017, 02:24:23 PM »
... a new awesome “British Pack” that will bring you the latest line-up from McLaren, Lotus and maybe, something more....
Hopefully "something more" is an old McLaren M8E Can-Am. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 01, 2017, 03:22:24 PM »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 21, 2017, 07:53:00 AM »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #1270 on: January 21, 2017, 08:17:17 AM »
Hmmm, being AC's current publisher, maybe just continue on, but ready "demand", possibly up the rate of development.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 21, 2017, 09:32:05 AM »
yeah the publisher for the console version. can only hope it means more money going into AC and more updates.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 21, 2017, 09:56:39 AM »
Hopefully. I hope it means a little more "game polish" being put into the game, to tidy up some of the rough edges. But what it means for Stefano and Aris I'm not so sure.  Stefano won't be playing second fiddle to anyone. Maybe they'll be out of there with their 4m Euros to start a new project.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 21, 2017, 11:36:17 AM »
AC may have just lost the passion behind it.

[youtube]EKu7TYWNxqA[/youtube]

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 21, 2017, 12:04:26 PM »
Marco Massarutto said:

Ok, let's clarify this before it becomes the bigger flame of the year.

By today, Kunos Simulazioni is part of Digital Bros Family, and me and Stefano by today are shareholders of Digital Bros. That's it. We are still the founders of Kunos, we are still IN, also keeping our respective positions and responsabilities, with just few exceptions: the budget we'll manage by now doesn't come anymore from our personal profits, but from Digital Bros, our bigger AC fan. Keeping the same policy, strategies, DNA, development team, goals. So, if this news would not been made public, you couldn't realize that something is changed, because - by a gamer/simracer point of view - nothing is going to change.

The reason why this news comes like a bombshell is because Digital Bros is a listed company, therefore this kind of operation must a) kept confidential until the negotiation is over, b) go public when is done. That's it.

For whom are afraid that today a piece of their simracing world has gone, let me remind them that Digital Bros has published - under its label 505Games - the console version of Assetto Corsa, and it doesn't seem to me that AC on PS4/XB1 is an arcade game: definetely it isn't. Therefore, before to scream in any direction that "Kunos has been bought, The World is Over", please sit down, breath and think. Because the only news you should be interested is that by today, we have more resources, time and power to do our job, even better than before.

So: think easier, live better, stay strong. The Future is Bright.

Have a nice weekend

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal