Xtreme Gaming Network

S25R8: Löwenbräu Classic at Road America

Author Topic: S25R8: Löwenbräu Classic at Road America  (Read 7929 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S25R8: Löwenbräu Classic at Road America
« on: January 09, 2019, 08:16:55 PM »
Congratulations to Kcender on pole and the race win but it wasn't enough to catch final season 25 champion, Matthew, who finished this race in 2nd place, for his 6th podium finish of the season.

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   29
Matthew111   25
RussG   20
Phil.8   18
Mael   16
Jeremy   15
killagorilla   14
Wally   13
ab156   12
AbleArcher83   11
Keith   0
Bacchulum   0

Penalties - 15 second post race time penalty next race
None

Final Season Standings
1. Matthew111, 185
2. Kcender87, 165
3. Phil.8, 123

Congratulations to season 25 champion, Matthew111, who had 4 wins and 6 podiums.
Congratulations also to Kcender and Phil on their 2nd and 3rd places in the final standings.

R8: Jan 15, Löwenbräu Classic at Road America (1 stop) [TRACK]
Final round of the season! Matthew looks like a winner with a handy lead of 24 points over Kcender. Mael and Keith can challenge Phil for the final place on the season podium.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 10:43:26 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S25R8: Löwenbräu Classic at Road America
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 06:27:58 PM »
Hey Wally, I’ve had no internet for the last few days, so I guess I’m out.

Have fun tonight guys.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 07:37:48 PM »
Hey Wally, I’ve had no internet for the last few days, so I guess I’m out.

Have fun tonight guys.
Bad luck Rob  :-X
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 09:15:09 PM »
AH SHEIT!!!

I forgot it was Tuesday, sorry. After having a few weeks off I forgot what day it was.

Thanks for the season Wally and drivers.

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 09:28:00 PM »
Internet issues ended my race. I didn't hold much hope though, as my first lap turned in anger as in qualifying. With 5 mins left of qually I figured I best set up my tyre pressures and measure the fuel. Anyway I was hopeful because I felt I had a sub 2 min car in qually, just didn't put it together... It wasn't to be.

Thank you Wally and anyone else who contributed, for putting together yet another great season. Even spiced this season up with a little bit of drama provided by the Shorty drivers :P

I look forward to many more battles with you all next season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 10:44:49 PM »
Results are up in the 1st post.
Congratulation Matthew on your 7th championship!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 10:51:10 PM »
Season Stats

Best average finish: Kcender, 1.3
Most wins: Matthew and Kcender, 4 each
Most podiums: Matthew and Kcender, 6 each
Most poles: Kcender, 4
Most fastest race laps: Matthew, 5
Most consistent: killagorilla
Hunter: ab156
Hunted: ab156
Busiest: killagorilla
Loneliest: Doobs

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 10:58:48 PM »
Thanks for the season again guys - annoyed to have missed two races but was fun to try and make the nazi sled competitive with the porkies - making it compete with the rotor in the corners was a lost cause :P

Matt was a beast in his second stints, especially tonight and made for a good season. Thanks again wally for running it all and everyone for rocking up each week :)

PS sorry to who i hit on my stone cold tyres coming out the pits - massive maldanado on my part there

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 12:13:28 AM »
Thanks for the season Wally, was fun.

The race was tough, started with a short intense battle with AB and Russ. Russ was waay too quick and disappear into the distance while AB vanished. From there just tried to keep the laptimes constant with a bit of Phil blocking thrown in for fun. Unfortunately I allowed Phil by after missing a brake-maker while trying to calculate the fuel needed, utterly pointless since I finished with 30litres still in the tank!

The last section was kept busy with catching Killer and being caught by Jeremy. Just had no answers to Jeremy's pace on worn tyres.

As for the Team Maki, it was not a memorable season. One podium between Freezer and me with an average finishing position of 8'ish. But we will be back! Congratulation Struggle Street Racing, a well deserved championship.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 01:26:04 AM by Mael »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 08:00:19 AM »
I didn't really enjoy these cars. Too hard, too much throttle control needed. Give me a car where I can just mash the throttle :)

Last night's race was fun though. I actually had some racing with people, which I didn't get to enjoy a lot of this season. The finishing laps with Killa were great fun, a real battle with some passing and counter-passing. It's nice and difficult being right behind someone into a corner, barely able to see where you're going. Unfortunately the final lap battle came unstuck near the end when we touched while side by side in a corner, but it was still a nice finish to the season.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 07:31:54 PM »
Thanks wally for another good season i found these car surprisingly fun to drive, h pattern, reasonable grip and move around nicely pretty fun challenge :)

Was cool to see how kcenders sauber and my long tail performed throughout the season, achieving their pace very differently but still able to have such close races for most tracks, no different here i was able to keep up with kcender in the first stint and i felt as it went on the LT was better on the tyres and i could close the gap to kcender before he pitted. Once again the pit stops kill the LT and i was 10 sec behind after the stop so once again stint 2 i play the hunter lol, as the fuel load lightens the LT comes good and i turn the boost up a bit at times and im able to close the gap by the end but i didnt have enough fuel to challenge kcender for the lead so no extra boost so 2nd i stayed crossing the line with 0.1 of fuel haha finally calculated my stops right. Good race good fun all season :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 08:02:05 PM »
I didn't really enjoy these cars. Too hard, too much throttle control needed. Give me a car where I can just mash the throttle :)

Last night's race was fun though. I actually had some racing with people, which I didn't get to enjoy a lot of this season. The finishing laps with Killa were great fun, a real battle with some passing and counter-passing. It's nice and difficult being right behind someone into a corner, barely able to see where you're going. Unfortunately the final lap battle came unstuck near the end when we touched while side by side in a corner, but it was still a nice finish to the season.
Yep, I'm 100% with you on the traction control thing. It was a great battle there at the end. It was my intention to leave you a gap at that left hand turn as I knew you were very close. Watched the video, but couldn't see if it was enough...maybe not quite...sorry.
Thank you.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 10:21:46 PM »
Well I must say a very unexpected result for the Shorty here. I was happy with my pace but I expected the Long Tail guys to be faster with the long straights here.
I was very surprised to qualify 3rd.
At the start of the race Jeremy and Mael got past with the Long Tails extra power and I had some great racing to wrestle the positions back by which time Kcender and Matthew had pulled out a 10+ second gap.
After that I was (unbelievably) pulling in the leaders and making a gap behind, but pushing really hard all the time as I knew the Shorty was going to have a much longer pit stop than any of the other cars.
Coming up to my pit stop, I had the gap in front to Matthew down to 4 seconds and the gap behind to Phil at 25 seconds.
After the pit stops shook out, it was 30 seconds to Matthew in front and 6 seconds to Phil behind .... whew - glad to have made it out in front of Phil.
Then Matthew put the hammer down in the second stint and pulled away as I expected from the Long Tail at this track. I managed pulled away from Phil and finished in an unexpected 3rd place  ;D ;D

Good thing the Shorty still had a 10kg ballast handicap or I'm sure it would have blown the field away   :P :o
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 11:48:00 PM »
Good thing the Shorty still had a 10kg ballast handicap or I'm sure it would have blown the field away   :P :o
And we couldn't have the shorty win a race!!
Note: sarcasm :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal