Xtreme Gaming Network

S23R3: Bikernieki Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S23R3: Bikernieki Post-Race Chat  (Read 9564 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S23R3: Bikernieki Post-Race Chat
« on: July 31, 2018, 06:11:38 PM »
Matthew moves into 1st place, just one point ahead of Kcender, courtesy of his three race wins. Jeremy drops down the ladder a bit, moving Phil up into 3rd.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Matthew111   73
Phil.8   69
Kcender87   67
Jeremy   62
buellersdayoff   59
Bacchulum   50
Freezer   48
killagorilla   48
RussG   48
Wally   46
Mael   38
Shayne   37
Doobs   37
Keith   33
ab156   30
Seanus   25
Joe   20
AbleArcher83   17
Dave O   12

Congratulations to Matthew on the clean sweep of pole and three race wins.

Penalties

Race 1
Bacchulum ran into the back of RussG – 25kg penalty.
DaveO ran into the back of Joe – 25kg penalty.

Race 2
Bacchulum ran into Killagorilla – already has a 25 kg penalty.
Keith had major warpage at the start of this race.

Race 3
There was a glancing RussG-Joe side impact which would have been hard to avoid – no penalty.
Phil ran into the back of Jeremy – 25kg penalty.

Season Podium
1. Matthew.111, 142
1. Kcender87, 141
2. Phil.8, 139
3. Phil.8, 70
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:15:23 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
Re: S23R3: Bikernieki Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 10:26:48 PM »
Man i am ruined - that was the best racing ive had in a while against matt in that last race - that flat section through the uphill left kink is terrifying when all you can see in front is the other car - equally terrifying is arriving 2 wide through turn one on a car exiting the pits lol

good race guys :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 10:26:50 PM »
Good fun despite not finishing the first 2 races. I spun on my own into everyone in R3; the back end just stepped out and I was around so sorry about that.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 10:27:39 PM »
sorry for causing you to spin Jeremy in the 3rd race on the first lap the speed difference caught me out
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 10:46:57 PM »
More highs and lows for me.
Race 1 and 2 I finished 4th and 6th I think.  Wasn't quick enough for the guys in front but was able to keep the pack behind
so just fought to keep it clean which I did for a good result.
Race 3 . . . F^%$,  I crashed four times I think, including a full somersault which sent me back to the pits.  Popped out of the pits
right in the middle of the pack so that was interesting trying to keep out of the way yet get on with it!
Just watched the replay to see that upon having my somersault crash, team mate Mael arrived on scene and did exactly the same thing . . :):)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 11:02:11 PM »
Awesome track, will be great to race some good cars on it though.
R1 got caught up in a bingle with Shayne and Killa, thought I'd made it through the gap but got tapped by one as they'd rolled back onto the track.
R2 on Jeremy's tail for most of the race and got real close a few times when he'd make a little mistake but I didn't have enough give it shot at a pass, set my PB
R3 following Phil for a bit, set my PB again but couldn't keep up lol
Had a good night, and racing was fun here on a new (to me) track. Thanks guys

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 11:15:54 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to Matthew on the round win.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 11:38:13 PM »
Race 1, I was stuck to the back of Bacchulum for 12 laps, waiting for him to make a mistake, until I oversteered at turn 1 and let Bueller past. Good race.
Race 2 was more disastrous. I had no restictor, and was starting from 5th, so this was a good chance to get some points. But I wasted my opportunity when I ran into Freezer at turn 1 with locked up brakes, and onlyt re-entered in 12th. Sorry Freezer.I had a good chase of Doobs on his rear bumper, but I had a loose moment and let Killagorilla and Bacchulum pass, and then later I ran into Killagorilla, again under brakes at turn 1, which was turning into a bit of a bogey corner. So I squandered my 5th place start to only finish 14th.
Race 3 was actually my best result, even though I had quite a bit of restrictor from the race before and started 14th. I managed to climb up 7 spots to finish 7th. I had some good close racing with Keith along the way.
Tough round, but not my worst.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 11:25:47 AM »
Just watched the replay to see that upon having my somersault crash, team mate Mael arrived on scene and did exactly the same thing . . :):)

Gained some significant front end damage early on in the first and last race which made the car understeer like a pig, Which meant when my team mate distracted me by flying off into the scenery I missed the turn-in point and plowed into the same bank he hit. But due to my superior cat-like skills I landed on 4 wheels and continued onwards  ;D

Would love to see the accident from Joe's perspective, somehow he made it past while the incident unfolded.

Lastly a big thanks to Russ for falling asleep at the start of the last race, you owe me a new front bumper!  :P

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 12:36:37 PM »
Would love to see the accident from Joe's perspective, somehow he made it past while the incident unfolded.

Haha yup I was just behind you two. I saw all the dust from Freezer just as he hit the grass, then got to see Mael launch himself.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 01:29:42 PM »

I personally would of thought of that as a racing incident as he nearly came to a stop due to the cars in front of him having issues and me not having the reaction time or space to go anywhere but run into him

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 05:58:12 PM »

I personally would of thought of that as a racing incident as he nearly came to a stop due to the cars in front of him having issues and me not having the reaction time or space to go anywhere but run into him
I'll take another look.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 07:27:17 PM »
I wouldn't waste to much time, 25kg is not too bad a penalty for ruining Jeremys race regardless.
It will be interesting though to see what happens in the heat of the moment as opposed to how my memory remembers it

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 09:11:03 PM »
Mixed night for me. I had periods of good racing interspersed with being tagged in other people accidents, or getting tagged avoiding someone getting out of shape, and had at least one off of my own volition. I had a great deal of fun racing on this track though, it is very nice. Nice chase Wally, and it was refreshing for you to make the big mistake and not me for a change. :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 07:47:24 AM »
I wouldn't waste to much time, 25kg is not too bad a penalty for ruining Jeremys race regardless.
It will be interesting though to see what happens in the heat of the moment as opposed to how my memory remembers it
The cars were reasonably spread out - you just carried more speed than Jeremy through that scary left hander and ran into the back of him. This is just before impact:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal