Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R2: Suzuka 1988

Author Topic: S28R2: Suzuka 1988  (Read 33044 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S28R2: Suzuka 1988
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2019, 05:18:49 PM »
Regardless, I now know if I get bumped off the track on lap one and a penalty isn't applied that I need to follow Seanus lead and just write abusive posts until the decision is reversed....lesson learned.
I believe that is incorrect (I think Seanus' posts hardened Wally to stand his ground).
It was the views of the other members that weren't involved that swayed his mind.
I never said I wasn't going to change my judgement. I put the video up to gauge community thoughts about it, and then I'll see if I was wrong or right about my decision. Later...

2+2=√16

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2019, 07:04:10 PM »
Regardless, I now know if I get bumped off the track on lap one and a penalty isn't applied that I need to follow Seanus lead and just write abusive posts until the decision is reversed....lesson learned.

I can pretty much guarantee if you do that you'll find the same level of assessment made and may end up with a penalty anyway if it goes to community court. I do not like abuse on the forums, particularly towards Wally, or anyone giving their time and efforts to allow us to race, and it did not please me to see it.  Seanus's reaction on the forum pissed me off to be honest and if I was a dick I would have apportioned blame to him just for being abusive.

However,
I saw the incident in-car as it happened, and thought the inside car made a mistake because it drifted over, made contact and knocked the outside car (which was holding a straight line) off the circuit. I didn't bother to find out who was inside or outside, and couldn't remember who was in the inside car, which is why I said the inside car screwed up rather than apportion blame to a driver.
Upon watching the replay provided by Wally it seemed the same, and as far as braking is concerned, my brake marker was exactly where the outside cars was, just before the tower on the right.
Far from being a Kangaroo court I think you'll find everyone objectively looked at it and made pretty much the same assessment.
Things can look different from inside your cockpit, and in mirrors but the way I saw it was, as described.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2019, 08:53:17 PM »
No, what you do is disagree with my decision, and if I still don't think it's clear one way or the other, I'll see what everyone else thinks. That's what we've done before, on several occasions. Don't get blinded by Seanus' language... the process was the same. Abuse is not required to get a decision re-considered!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2019, 07:24:06 AM »
All good Seanus. Thanks for the apology. I've got a thick skin and filter emotion out of most things. I am a computer programmer after all ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal