Xtreme Gaming Network

S27R5: Tsukuba Race Chat

Author Topic: S27R5: Tsukuba Race Chat  (Read 9895 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S27R5: Tsukuba Race Chat
« on: March 26, 2019, 11:34:33 PM »
Congratulations to Russ on pole and 2 of the race wins as well as the overall round win, and to Joe for the remaining win. After Joe's win and two seconds, and both Phil and I not doing so well this round, Joe takes the season lead by 4 points from Phil.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
RussG   76
Joe   69
Bacchulum   58
killagorilla   57
Mael   51
Freezer   49
bradc   46
AbleArcher83   46
Dave O   43
Wally   40
Phil.8   38
JamieP   36
Rob   31
Bird   9

Lap ranking
RussG   63.224
Joe   63.437
killagorilla   63.514
Bacchulum   63.719
Dave O   64.355
Mael   64.366
bradc   64.371
AbleArcher83   64.402
Phil.8   64.615
JamieP   64.752
Wally   64.822
Bird   64.823
Freezer   64.835
Rob   65.598

Lap 1 Penalties

Race 1
There was a three car wide squeeze into turn 1, with Phil coming off worst, but everyone was just going straight and Phil got unsettled by a rub – racing incident.

Race 2
I was between Russ and the pit wall, and rubbing the side of Russ's car spat me off the side of the track - racing incident.

Race 3
None.

Season Standings
1. Joe, 253
2. Phil.8, 249
3. Wally, 240

We are at the full circuit. The BMW 1M is in reach of some...

3 x 19 laps.

Weather is mild: 12, 17 and 19.

There's been a recent track update (22/3/19), so download it fresh from here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tsukuba-circuit.2629

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ4nLHK5pgc[/youtube]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:22:33 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: S27R5: Tsukuba Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 09:43:13 PM »
I properly hate racedepartment for downloads.  They put a last-century level speed restriction on their d/l's.

Here's the download from my dropbox.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 10:48:47 PM »
I properly hate racedepartment for downloads.  They put a last-century level speed restriction on their d/l's.

Thanks Bird.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 11:23:15 PM »

RaceDepartment seems OK for me.
3.6 Mega BYTES/sec is pretty swift .. That's around 36 Mega BITS/sec.
From your Dropbox I got 3.7 Mega BYTES/sec ...
Maybe it depends on your ISP or something????
I dunno

Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 07:38:03 AM »
RD download speed seems to be very variable. I reckon they throttle their download speeds only when the load on their servers is high.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 08:42:52 AM »
RD download speed seems to be very variable. I reckon they throttle their download speeds only when the load on their servers is high.
Could be.  I was downloading this small file for ~10 minutes :)
In my experience I can d/l files only at around 200kB/s from RD at best. 

p.s. I'm on 100/40 fiber with Internode, I have no restrictions on my connection.  In my experience I can use near-full speed at any time unless there's some restriction on the other side. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:46:10 AM by Bird »

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 10:22:55 AM »
Interesting  ??? never had any problems with downloads from RD here.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 11:52:50 AM »
I find RD is good in the PM, slow as a snail in the AM.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 06:20:04 PM »
Server's up.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 10:54:00 PM »
Lots of close racing...it was fun. I should have practiced starts with this little thing...pretty much screwed up all of them...maybe 2nd race not too bad. I was able to go fast, but traffic made it hard. It was damn close there in the last race, Able, wasn't it? Good on you  :)

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 11:03:17 PM »
Man that was a tough night!!! I had some great battles in every race and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Whilst for two races I got so sick of watching Phil’s Mustang disappear down the straights to close in at the apex. There were several times I tried to put a pass on during corner entry only to have to that dam Mustang appear on the outside and then blast away down the straight. To his credit for two long races Phil didn’t make a mistake whilst I made plenty and I’m sure the bill for hitting his right side door that many times is going to be huge!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 11:23:02 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to Russ for the round win, and to Joe for taking the lead in the championship.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 11:34:38 PM »
Tough night!  I see I was 13th fastest overall yet finished 6th and two 7ths.  Shows the difference between outright qualifying times and racing together.
My basic plan was to use the Nissan jump to get as many places as possible then do my best to hold off the Arbath's as they came hunting.
And that is how the night went!  The Abarth's were definitely quicker but by holding the apex and not making any mistakes I was able to hold off most
challenges . . . . but it was certainly tough!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 11:48:47 PM »
Race 1 was OK - a real challenge to try to hold the pesky Abarths at bay, but they eventually got past, one by one.

Race 2 was a shocker - I had the incident between Russ and the pit wall at the start which put me well last, and then on turn 1 of lap 2 I had an Abarth turn into me when I was alongside it on the inside, which punted me last again. I eventually made up a couple of places, but only finished 11th.

Race 3 wasn't too bad, but I was off the pace after making some minor setup changes before the race. I was in the thick of it further back in the field, but half way through the race I understeered in the hairpin before the back straight, slid on the kerb and put the nose of my car into the wall, which dropped me 3 places and I finished 12th.

My worst round  :(

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 01:43:33 PM »
Good night but couldn't match Russ' pace.

Race 1 got a better start; he was stuck behind Wally and I was behind Mael. After I saw Russ was ahead of Wally I knew I had to make a move on Mael pretty soon before he closed the gap which fortunately I did then managed a 2.5 sec gap to Russ till the end.

Race 2 got away ahead again, but with Russ literally on my ass for 11 or 12 laps I finally made a mistake and went on to the grass letting him pass.

Race 3 Russ got away in front and just pulled ahead I couldn't match the pace.

Seemed like maybe having some wing was the way to go and I was a lot looser in the corners. If I parked it on the apex I could block and pull away on the straights but that meant not making a single mistake which was too much for last night.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal