Xtreme Gaming Network

S8 R1 - Mosport 2012 - 27-04-2017

Author Topic: S8 R1 - Mosport 2012 - 27-04-2017  (Read 25107 times)

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
Re: S8 R1 - Mosport 2012 - 27-04-2017
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2017, 06:01:45 PM »
Only had driven, practiced and raced that track and car that night of the race so I was trying to get a decent setup in a small time frame. The Lola is nice to drive but limited setup time made my brakes a little uncomfortable under hard stomping lol.

First lap of the restarted race saw me drift a little wide on cold tyres and lost steering as I drifted off the circuit into the wall. I thought my race was done when I re-entered the track in last position.
Noticeably catching up to the back of the pack, overtaking one by one and caught up to Seanus and Joe. Unfortunately for me, Seanus was extremely unpredictable when trying to pass and hit the brakes on multiple occasions to lock up the front wheels and drift off circuit. Happened at least 4 times until I caught up yet again and witnessed Seanus and Joe colliding and spinning after the last corner. Took the advantage and finally passed. Somehow I predicted that would happen with the erratic driving I saw.

Later in the race, seeing the leaders pitting and I'm putting in consistent laps, saw my position climb to top 3 and my own strategic pit stop saw me slide in to position 3 with plenty of gap between 4th place. Only needed to finish the remainder laps and complete the race.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal