Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R1: Paul Ricard WTCC post-race chat

Author Topic: S16R1: Paul Ricard WTCC post-race chat  (Read 16590 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S16R1: Paul Ricard WTCC post-race chat
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »
Race one felt a little guilty holding up Joe and Kcender but had great scraps with both and others.

Did you really?  ;D Was good defensive driving, really hard to get by. The main place I was carrying more speed was into the chicane but can't really pass there.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2017, 06:40:39 PM »
Race 1: Meh
Race 2: Meh, bored, quit.

Unless I find a second or two I think this might be my race summary for the season.

Funny mate, great way to sum up a crap night! Just want to apologise again as my internet crashed because of the storms yesterday, still don't have any as Iam using my mobile data on my iPhone to post.
:)
It's just frustrating me. Historically I used to be able to be mid pack and for a while it's just been rear field and lucky if I am racing anybody. That plus this never ending fecking summer. I'm still sweating just sitting.
I normally don't quit unless my car is rooted or I'm so far behind it doesn't matter and I'm causing trouble being lapped. Last night I just couldn't be arsed in the end.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2017, 07:05:44 PM »
Grat and Phil were both working on setups, then at the end of the evening reset to default and did PBs. I then decided to stick with default with pressures :)
Not exactly: I had a setup I made for Mills and thought it felt good (especially since my tiems were matching Marty and kcender almost, so... well, the setup cannot be that wrong). Then I tried default and was matching my race times plus maybe half a tenth,... but it felt more stable. I elected to race with my Mills setup anyway as I thought I had more experience with it. It was working ok and my crash had nothing to do with it. Just a silly misjudgement while I was trying to push. Funnily enough, of 100+ laps of practice, I hit that thingy once... just once. :(

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 07:27:23 PM »
Grat and Phil were both working on setups, then at the end of the evening reset to default and did PBs. I then decided to stick with default with pressures :)
Not exactly: I had a setup I made for Mills and thought it felt good (especially since my tiems were matching Marty and kcender almost, so... well, the setup cannot be that wrong). Then I tried default and was matching my race times plus maybe half a tenth,... but it felt more stable. I elected to race with my Mills setup anyway as I thought I had more experience with it. It was working ok and my crash had nothing to do with it. Just a silly misjudgement while I was trying to push. Funnily enough, of 100+ laps of practice, I hit that thingy once... just once. :(

Phil did a PB, you said yours were exactly the same but I couldn't be bothered to type all that, it got the point across  ;D

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 10:37:42 PM »
A night to forget for me  :(
Qually didn't go too well. I was running a different setup to practise which I thought would be OK. Also ran this setup in R1.
R1: I started cleanly just keeping out of trouble. after a couple of laps I managed to clip a tyre bundle on the left of the car which gave left side damage and cracked screen. Battled on albeit a bit slowly until I think it was just before half way Bird got up the inside at T1 and gave me a little love tap on the right front wheel (yes Bird I checked the replay  ;) ). All fair and nothing in it but the suspension broke and the steering wheel was about 45 degrees off centre and didn't steer too good, so I got to pit and repaired. Came out around the leaders and had to keep moving aside to let them through. Plugged away to the end hoping for more people to have big issues, but sadly .....
R2: Dumped the previous setup and went for defaults with a little less wing.
Got punted up the arse before T1 pushing me into someone else. After T1 I had nowhere to go but crash into someone already involved in the pileup. Front and rear aero was now gone. I guess I could have tried to continue like that but I pitted and repaired everything and my times were much better than R1. Unfortunately again I came out of the pits just in front of the leaders and had blue flags from there until the end of the race.
Next race will be different  ;D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2017, 10:44:19 PM »
Terrible night Russg,i feel it!!!

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2017, 10:51:21 PM »
Terrible night Russg,i feel it!!!

Thanks mate :)
It's just the way it happens sometimes. Check my signature  ;)
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 05:02:28 AM »
At least you didn't lose a position while letting the lead group through.. I had no choice.. so many cars and one of them was a car going for position.. dont even know who., just saw my place number drop as this mass pack went through.  :-\
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 05:10:40 PM »
Spent most of prac and a bit of qualy trying to get my pc working, had really bad stuttering which seemed to be caused by my anti virus so lucky i got onto that just before the rave but it was a huge distraction so didnt get much time to learn or setup everything so was happy with my results of 5th in a very close qualy and a 5th and 3rd in the races :) both races i had good pressure battles so was good fun should be a good season hopefully i get my pc running smoother for the next one.
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal