Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763620 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: AC News
« Reply #1125 on: July 06, 2016, 08:55:36 AM »
http://www.bsimracing.com/assetto-corsa-maserati-250f-6c-screenshot-gallery/
"The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express."
Francis Bacon.

Okay, so Francis didn't now of these when he propounded that statement!    8)

(he is correct about the mechanicals)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:57:40 AM by Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 11, 2016, 06:57:44 PM »
The new DLC and 1.7 update looks to be quite promising, no more Wally lights will be needed so sorry Wally but your app may have helped fire them up in that direction.

There will be drive through penalties available too, and I think I heard Stefano say this will be accessible by apps so PLP for example should be able to send people in for a drive through. The 2015 Ferrari F1 has some interesting systems being simulated and is very in detailed in all these with MGU-K MGU-H, battery recovery, energy usage and turbo generation sounding all very interesting to a level I have yet to see any other sim take on. Maybe Kunos is trying to steal the F1 contract from codies, though Id rather not as AC being a more generic sim is better then a single season F1 annual update.

Maybe that is unless they were to get the official f1 license but then add this into AC or AC2 as an expansion with annual car and track updates. Marco did say that Porsche was not their biggest deal and so the official F1 license is probably the only other thing I could imagine being bigger. ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 11, 2016, 08:29:33 PM »
The new DLC and 1.7 update looks to be quite promising, no more Wally lights will be needed so sorry Wally but your app may have helped fire them up in that direction.
My apps are just stop-gap measures. If we no longer need them, that's a good thing! The only reason to keep them is if the penalty for a jump start, say, ends up being something stupid. But we can only see what 1.7 brings and then work with it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 15, 2016, 08:47:13 AM »
You can tell the Red Pack is out now....Gone from 900 servers I have content for down to only 400.... ::)

Rolz

« Reply #1129 on: July 15, 2016, 08:57:41 AM »
yeah I'm actually trying to update mine now :P

But I don't think I'll fire them up until neys fixes a issue in stracker... also takes a few days for various fixes come out in server versions.
So I have to update them 2-3 times in the next few weeks.
Updating the Linux servers is a bit slower for me using cli than copy paste in windows :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 15, 2016, 03:19:18 PM »
Think I'll buy the red pack later. Anyone running a server?  :o

When I took my AC break mine became a Minecraft server for the kids...

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 15, 2016, 03:39:30 PM »
Haven't been on to see if XGN is updated. Marty's are down so I'm guessing they are in the process.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 15, 2016, 04:15:53 PM »
The 250F is good for drifting. ;)
To tell the truth, I haven't managed to take a corner without drifting it, it seems to be mandatory. ;D ;D

2+2=√16

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 15, 2016, 04:27:29 PM »
XGN servers are updated. Displays the server settings now as the track loads... :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 15, 2016, 04:31:22 PM »
yeah I'm actually trying to update mine now :P

But I don't think I'll fire them up until neys fixes a issue in stracker... also takes a few days for various fixes come out in server versions.
So I have to update them 2-3 times in the next few weeks.
Updating the Linux servers is a bit slower for me using cli than copy paste in windows :)

I just updated mine in the morning ran a couple laps offline so didnt notice the issues with stracker. Will take a look soon and see what can be done.

Haven't been on to see if XGN is updated. Marty's are down so I'm guessing they are in the process.

Mine should be up unless there was another update durng the day. But I see some people in via stracker supposedly. I think all the Marty's servers have some form of redpack content and will be for the next week at least, maybe the beginners server at least I will have go back to stock content. A bit odd that the ferrari f1 cars cant be raced with other cars but I only tested via server manager quite likely manualy edditing the entry list and server cfg can enable them.

The tuesdays practice server should be set for jump start drive through same as my AB servers. The Beginners and ABC have send to pit on jump.

One thing to test is what happens if someone jumps and hits a stationary car before the lights go green. Do they also get a penalty I wonder.

The Jap pack test server I moved to I think redbull gp, tues practice should be still the same as it was with the others a nix of the redpack cars in a few servers.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 15, 2016, 04:33:45 PM »
That explains it...I don't have the red pack and have servers filtered for my content.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 15, 2016, 04:36:01 PM »
XGN servers are updated. Displays the server settings now as the track loads... :)

I would have prefered it it showed more info in the lobby even before people join but I guess that still gets the info. I only had a quick look at the server manager noticed a new threads option in server setting kept mine at default 2. Netcode should be smoother especially following others over curbs.

Anyone want anything particular on any server when I get home and make some changes.?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 15, 2016, 04:37:59 PM »
That explains it...I don't have the red pack and have servers filtered for my content.

Which new car was not part of the redpac but free content, wasbit the big Maserati? Maybe this will stay on the beginners server but onto a stock track. Give the no DLC guys something new to play with at least.  ;)

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 15, 2016, 05:05:53 PM »
I believe it's the Maserati Levante. If it's a grippy, brake monster it won't suit me...... ;D
Give it a go tho.. ;)

**EDIT**
It's an SUV so I'll need to grab the camping gear...... ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:38:17 PM by slideways »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 15, 2016, 05:43:09 PM »
I did put up the mini bus on the ABCN server, also found manually editing the entry list and server config bypasses the odd licensing issue not allowing the ferrari F1 cars from being raced with other cars. The server loads and I got in so have one at Nords with all the new redpack cars I don't have time to jump on yet but may be on late tonight to run a few cars.

Supposedly stracker has some issues counting laps with current build, no idea if minorating is working as intended either but will take a proper look at those later tonight.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal