Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R1 Misano Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R1 Misano Post Race Chat  (Read 21470 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S14R1 Misano Post Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2016, 11:09:34 PM »
I found I had to slow quite a bit and turn in quite early. If team driver #1 Grat allows it, I'll post my setup.
Ahahah! It looks like I just gave all my secrets to Phil... :(
You might as well tell your teammate too ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline nith

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2016, 06:20:47 AM »
I am using g27 with a 3 x 27" screen setup.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2016, 06:34:29 AM »
Then what Freezer saw was just the replay showing other cars at the server's refresh rate.

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2016, 07:15:56 AM »
I decided to look at the replay and I see the same as what Freezer stated. Very quick steering input.

I'm wondering now, what do you have your wheel rotation set to Nith? Maybe you have too small of a rotation and that's causing you to work a lot harder then you need to.

Offline nith

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2016, 08:16:25 AM »
I am using factory Logitech settings and happy with them.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2016, 09:03:54 AM »
Let's leave poor nith alone. People are looking at the replay to ctiticise him, but we all know how mary likes to moan. Like grat said it's prob just the way the replay is played back.

I had some close racing with him at VIR and although he was quite aggresive for someone in their first league race, he was fine. Again first league race is a good point to make here. I had bird complaining at me in my first race  ;D

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2016, 09:52:47 AM »
I'm not criticizing at all, just thought I would add something that might help out. I know I've improved by others making observations of me.

And I agree Joe, I had a great race with Nith at VIR aswell.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2016, 09:58:07 AM »
Completely agree with Joe. Nith: sorry we have been scrutinizing you a bit. Please believe it was not intended and we all just want to help all having great races on Tuesday night.

Marty is one of the cleanest and most respectful drivers, and not only on our league. No surprise then that he also expects very very high standards from others. But I am sure we'll all learn a bit more from the replay of the race of what unintentional things might nonetheless create unnecessary fuzz.

Of course, as Joe and Hylas, I have generated my (way more than) fare share of mess in my simracing "career". ;)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2016, 10:22:06 AM »
Let's leave poor nith alone. People are looking at the replay to ctiticise him, but we all know how mary likes to moan. Like grat said it's prob just the way the replay is played back.

I had some close racing with him at VIR and although he was quite aggresive for someone in their first league race, he was fine. Again first league race is a good point to make here. I had bird complaining at me in my first race  ;D

Bird complained at my first race also :)

Bird-  you must not have seen me

Me - I saw you alright :)

Good times, I miss bird
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2016, 10:28:30 AM »
I'm not criticizing at all, just thought I would add something that might help out.

Maybe criticizing was the wrong word but feel a bit sorry for Nith here. Your point is very valid though as Assetto Corsa expects the G27 to be set up with 900 degrees of rotation which is then adjusted in game on a car by car basis, so you really need to have it at 900 to get the most out of the game.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2016, 12:03:13 PM »
Guys sorry been busy since that post, havent made up a video yet and as I said at first maybe I should have said nothing as I had not much good to say. But as Nith considered it a great race I had to say why I didnt think so.

Im sure it would be better to simply encourage everyone to drive unfairly and not realy respect others on track. Why bother with plp or track limits and driving others off the road should become the standard we expect of all. Its the guys first race and Im sure he will improve but if you dont point out places where people can improve they will just continue on as they do.

Overall Nith showed some good stuff I think. Not having PLP and excessive cutting was the most frustrating. But with PLP this will be fixed. I watched the replay and lost count at about 12 times where he would have been called by plp so at least 30 seconds in penalties. But likely more times where all 4 wheels were off track and not on a curb. This track as most consider curbs part of track so to be called it means you have to be outside of a curb with all 4 wheels to be called.

His actual line on defense was fine when not side by side, but when alongside contacts werent huge it was just very 1 sided as I did my best to avoid any contact and also did my best to not try and bump past the easy way. It wasnt the same from the other side and had I simply taken the first opportunity and drove him off the road or not left racing room any time he was alongside then Im sure he would have thought differently of the same race.  ;)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2016, 02:11:40 PM »
Everyone stuffs up, but it's good to see the replay and what people think as a way to understand what is expected, not as a slant against the person who may have made a mistake.

The truth is that we all need a reality check every now and again (especially that "Wally" guy!) and shouldn't take it as a personal afront.

I've lost count of the number of times I've nudged Marty (and others) in the prac servers when we are mucking around.  You learn and move on.... and smash them off the road somewhere else.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2016, 03:27:50 PM »
Agreed. Learning is the key word. I was very unsure about what to do in my first races, even if I knew all the rules and customs and so on. It's just certain things look a little different from different perspectives.

As long as we talk in a constructive way, I see no problem looking at replays, of course. But I do remember being a little accused on my 1st race and I do remember feeling quite sad about it. That's why I wanted to reassure Nith that there's nothing personal in looking at his replay. Just we all want to learn.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2016, 03:34:46 PM »
But I do remember being a little accused on my 1st race and I do remember feeling quite sad about it.

Same, that's why I jumped in here. I got some grief for something I thought was totally fine. It took me about a year racing at XGN to actually feel confident enough to race properly. Nith seems to have that confidence already  8)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2016, 04:03:05 PM »
Just to clarify, as Wally said, I don't think Nith was driving to bad.  I simply watched the replay and his wheel was turning from lock to lock very quickly where as on checking other cars they seemed much smoother, hence my controller comment.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal