Xtreme Gaming Network

Dec 20 fun run - Porsche 935/78 and 917/30 at Riverside NASCAR

Author Topic: Dec 20 fun run - Porsche 935/78 and 917/30 at Riverside NASCAR  (Read 19336 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Dec 20 fun run - Porsche 935/78 and 917/30 at Riverside NASCAR
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 06:15:45 PM »
Server is up for practice.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 06:44:11 PM »
Practice!, I tried, can I have a cobra please?  ;D
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 07:00:09 PM »
Practice!, I tried, can I have a cobra please?  ;D
Yeeeaaah.... No.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 10:26:17 PM »
When you try to do the right thing but the ripple strip has other ideas..

RussG had come off and I decided I'd go wide to the right to let him back on and I'd pass without a problem. But then I hit that ripple strip and it speared me back to the left and my rear end got a lil loose. I rear ended him and went underneath his car lifting him up, I slid sideways underneath him and threw him back off the track and I managed to continue on with a dark orange front splitter but no other damage..

--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 10:47:12 PM »
RACE RESULTS AND CHARTS

Congrats to race 1 podium:

1. Kcender87 (fastest lap)
2. Bacchulum (pole)
3. Mael

and race 2 podium:

1. Kcender87 (pole and fastest lap)
2. Mael
3. Phil.8

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2016, 10:59:17 PM »
Was way off the pace. Last week practising was doing .09s and nearly .08s but then didnt drive the car since, drove some other cars then jumped cold into qually.

Started to pick up some pace eventually and hoped with 6 laps left I may have been able to close on wally but dropped it into 2nd too heavy at the end of the back straight sending me sideways into the last corner and couldn't hold it.

Dropped out for 2nd race. Too many presents still to wrap for the kids!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2016, 11:38:56 PM »
Missed the night which is a shame as I enjoyed these cars in the bit of practice I had during the week and nice to drive some proper challenging cars for once.

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2016, 11:51:37 PM »
I had so much fun driving these cars! I did run out of fuel in the first race, which was a shame but I didn't run enough laps to predict the fuel usage. I love the mongrel in the 917/30 and the 935/78 was still fun albeit numb in the front end (maybe some setup would help this car).

I hadn't had a great deal of time behind the wheel before tonight but a little more time to get used to the beast and I think these things would provide great/chaotic racing.

The big question is... When are we going to make a season of them?   :D

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2016, 12:09:39 AM »
After probably too many practice laps during the week the races went very well. Never managed match my PB's sadly.

Race 1 drove behind/between Phil and Bacchulum. I was faster in the twisty bits while they were faster in the straight. Don't think I deserve the place Phil but thanks  ;D

Race 2 was a bit more relaxed. Tried to keep a flying Kcender in sight (down the loooonngg straight) which sort of work till I got mixed up with lapped cars. Not a lot of easy passing places at Riverside.

Great fun, thanks Wally

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2016, 12:46:15 AM »
Good times guys - was lucky this week - these old sheds seem to sit well with me for some reason - great to have them moving around underneath you. How the hell any mortal drove these in period (especially the 917/30) is beyond me - was ballast provided by ball size? :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 08:18:02 AM »
You had to concentrate, that's for sure. In the 917, I ended up in a little gap on track with no one to really race with, which might have been just as well.

I did have some little shenanigans with Phil in the Moby Dick  though, after he had an accident of some sort and had to re-pass me, which was fun. And then Keith put great pressure in my rear view mirror in the closing laps, and finished only 0.02 behind me in a sprint to the finish line.

I can almost envisage a Moby Dick season, but I think the difficulty of the car would put a lot of people off. Last night's turnout was pretty small. I know a few people were away, but that probably indicates the general lack of enthusiasm for these harder cars.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2016, 08:45:04 AM »
Couldn't match Kcender in the Spyder but had a great battle with Phil & Mael.

I used a speedway (bikes) trick in Moby at the start.
Feathered the clutch to stop it bogging down and jumped from last to third. ;D
Somehow managed to hold that position until my 'box packed it in, one lap short. :(

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2016, 11:16:53 PM »
You had to concentrate, that's for sure. In the 917, I ended up in a little gap on track with no one to really race with, which might have been just as well.

I did have some little shenanigans with Phil in the Moby Dick  though, after he had an accident of some sort and had to re-pass me, which was fun. And then Keith put great pressure in my rear view mirror in the closing laps, and finished only 0.02 behind me in a sprint to the finish line.

I can almost envisage a Moby Dick season, but I think the difficulty of the car would put a lot of people off. Last night's turnout was pretty small. I know a few people were away, but that probably indicates the general lack of enthusiasm for these harder cars.

I think time of year had a big effect on low numbers. I would really enjoy cars like this for a season, it could even be a mixed class one with either 917 or 935 and maybe the old 911 rsr ir similar old slower simpler car. People could choose one or the other with no forced option to switch so people wouldnt be stuck in a car they may not like or be able to drive.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal