Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R2: Silverstone International Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R2: Silverstone International Race Chat  (Read 29072 times)

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
Re: S6R2: Silverstone International Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2015, 04:24:54 PM »
Shhhh stan...

On your Alfa gearing u were running the next ratio, either that or a spare 7 speed 458 box lol,  Just need to get into your garage when you are eating a burger :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2015, 05:00:12 PM »
I just find it funny you considered I was using taller ratios yet getting better acceleration. I was using the tallest possible gearing with positive front camber and max tyre pressures. I really didnt want to give any help to the Alfa guys but I just want to help you all do as well as possible.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 05:37:53 PM »
Lol I was just saying my times are quicker bouncing off the limiter in top before my braking marker than you running different ratios the Alfa pipes flash on gear changes so u can see when u change gear...we were doing similar PB times on very different gearing that's all I was trying to say...ratios are very different and I think the alfas torque curve helps with the taller gearing, I just can't drive it well enough to use that gearing unless using it as. 5 speed box maybe?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
S6R2: Silverstone International Race Chat
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2015, 07:17:06 PM »
Really helpful discussion re gear ratios on the Alfa - thanks! I am running same ratios as Wobbly but wasn't sure if that was the correct approach but I was getting my best times that way. Marty's approach should be quick but I have trouble getting the pace through the corners with the different gears. Also, I have dropped tire pressures - seemed to help.

Where's Guybrush when you need him!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:18:45 PM by Gratulin »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2015, 07:33:48 PM »
I guess the taller ratios work better when the car is in a 4 wheel drift into most corners giving it some gas to  keep up the rpm. Looking at my top speed on RSR in the Alfa of 233 vs Wobbly at 227 on stracler being on the limiter is hurting a bit at the end of the straight. The top speed will also be very dependant on the exit coming onto the straight but I cant say that I felt like I was in the wrong gears for the turns.

Maybe I am even a bit taller then you guys but I didnt really apend heaps of time in the car or on the setup just wanted to see how far behind it I was in the 458.

If GB was here I highly doubt he would have taken an alfa and most likely hed be in the f40. Id take the f40 if there werent dtm cars but the 458 gearing just makes it a bit more useable at more tracks then the f40.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2015, 10:11:56 PM »
Hey Marty, sorry for that last accident, but I had no way of anticipating you there - I've checked on the replay as well, to be sure, and you were just barely there, 5cm overlap, tops :)  And that's the blind spot for me.

Good fun races, I've enjoyed driving in the pack, holding up people regularly :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2015, 10:29:55 PM »
No problems Bird Im just not having much luck this season with 3 DNF's out of 6 races lol. Only 2 times Ive had contact and both times ruined front suspension which is pointless to continue with or bother driving to pits repairing then being more then a lap down. First round I hit a warper that totatled my car completly and this bang made the left front pretty bent. Race 1 I was just hanging in there and a couple laps to go a friend decided he needed something from behind the computer and managed to pull a monitor cable out blacking out my screen.

I didnt expect you to turn in so hard and not much I could do about it as it was a pretty aggressive turn in with that traffic but chit happens. Seeing replay from your car I cant see mine either but I saw you pretty clearly and just didnt expect you to dive into the apex like that from the outside on lap 1.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 01:11:57 AM »
Yea totally agree grat...it didn't feel natural to me but the gears were perfect everywhere else..so kinda accepted the valve bounce on the straights lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal