Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R2: Silverstone International Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R2: Silverstone International Race Chat  (Read 29071 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S6R2: Silverstone International Race Chat
« on: March 24, 2015, 11:28:47 PM »
Grid for this race:

Bafs17
Freezer
G0RGAK
Gratulin
Grubbet
Jeremy
Joe
Krahl
Marty
Matthew111
Perch
Rob
Rolz
Shameless
Simone
StanDaam
UnFknBLievable
Vipergod
Wally
Whitemoo
Wobblyone
Ysu

Room for 2 reserves
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:31:42 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
Re: S6R2: Silverstone International Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »
Going to be a Ferrari track you think?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 10:36:33 AM »
There are no Ferrari tracks really they will be slower laptime wise every track vs the dtm. But in a race they may be even harder to pass then they were at Nurburgring with a couple longer straights. Still unlikely to be able to catch and pass a dtm if behind one.

If I wanted the fastest car and easiest to win races in the Alfa is surely the one at each track.  ;)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 11:01:55 AM »
Unless we went to the Mighty Monza 1966!!  :D

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 11:32:24 AM »
Mercedes and Alfa easiest to drive for sure....which is why I picked it lol....altho to get the last second or so out of them is hard...well for me anyway

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 12:16:54 PM »
Yea no car is easy to drive fast but there is only so much you can get out of them. I didnt do enough laps in the dtm's to really get everything out of them but was still 3 seconds faster then I was in the 458 with 2.10.1 vs 2.13.0 and needing to push much harder in the 458 just to have any hope. The f40 I was only .3 slower then in the 458 but the taller gearing in that made it even more vulnerable to the quicker cars.

I kind of got used to the handicap seasons and not choosing the fastest option does mix the racing up a bit. I really enjoyed driving the lotus elise against the quicker street cars in a season needing to wring its neck to squeeze every 10th out of it to have any chance of competing.

The only car in the field I think has very little hope is the bmw grp A. Pushing very hard in that was getting a low 2.15 at nurburg and it is also quite slow in a straight line so not much going for that car in this field even though I think it was the most fun to drive at the limit just a shame its limit is so slow.

The KTM, F40 and 458 all can get quite similar times, if it wasnt racing against dtm cars I would have rather had the f40 as its much more fun to drive then the 458.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 12:29:27 PM »
Yea I think anyone competing in the bmw is a hero as its a dog..which is a shame cos on r factor touring car legends it was a match for 190 and great fun to drive...and u gotta love the John Player Special livery :)

I really think the bonus points should be run for this series as its unfair the dtm really have the legs...altho my lap times were only averaging 12.5 to 13 in the races so if the 458 could do consistent 13,s u would hope they would get by on the straights and be reasonably close but obviously not.

If u didn't do much in the dtm and managed 10.1 I'm glad ur in the Ferrari ;). Shame no option for slick selection on the Ferrari would change the game I think.

If I could of got the ktm to be as stable under braking as the merc I'd of picked that tbh

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 12:43:02 PM »
Unless we went to the Mighty Monza 1966!!  :D

I wish :D
Or LeMans. 

Or really any old track w/o chicanes and other sharp-corner nasties. ;)  I think the old zandi would work, too.  Maybe even the old hockenheim.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:45:20 PM by Bird »

Offline mooface

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 01:02:54 PM »
Yea I think anyone competing in the bmw is a hero as its a dog

Yea a huge fat slow dog that seems to go around corners well. Its the XGN Toyota 86 hehehe!

I recall i was admist a pack of 458's in race one, was gaining ground in the corners, but given a straight line shows how really underpowered these cars are to the rest of the field.

Not complaining or anything, as i do want up my skill with these cars, bring on silverstone!

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 01:17:31 PM »
Best series I ever raced in the AE86 cup with r factor loved it....anyone remember Enna pergosa from the original GTR game...now that was a track...wonder if anyone modded it for R factor Or AC really fast with tyre chicanes you took flat out  that murdered your car if u got it wrong...mmm the 599 there was legendary

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 01:28:10 PM »
Yea I think anyone competing in the bmw is a hero as its a dog..which is a shame cos on r factor touring car legends it was a match for 190 and great fun to drive...and u gotta love the John Player Special livery :)

The m3 e30 dtm would be more of match, just that before v 1.1 it was quicker then the alfa times now but has been slowed a bit it seems since 1.1. Now the e30 dtm is much closer to the merc but I think its trickier to drive then the grp A and not quite as much fun. I think they slowed the e30 dtm to reflect the Alfa's dominance over it when they raced together.

The grp A was always about 3 or more seconds a lap slower then the dtm e30.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 02:27:05 PM »

The m3 e30 dtm would be more of match, just that before v 1.1 it was quicker then the alfa times now but has been slowed a bit it seems since 1.1. Now the e30 dtm is much closer to the merc but I think its trickier to drive then the grp A and not quite as much fun. I think they slowed the e30 dtm to reflect the Alfa's dominance over it when they raced together.

The grp A was always about 3 or more seconds a lap slower then the dtm e30.

Which is a shame because before the update it was just as quick as the merc maybe a tad slower which is how it actually was in real life, it would of made for some great racing between the two and as we saw last night the alfa would of still had its advantage over them as it should being a class 1 DTM so the universe would have been a nice and balanced place but nooooo lol really annoys me what they did to the BMW dtm...
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 04:32:02 PM »
I gotta admit I hate the Alfa 4wd feel but there is no denying its grunt out of the corners...and personally it is easier to get constantly quicker times over the merc without having to focus as much...but no denying the merc is far more satisfying to drive...but being an ex racer I'll take a car I hate that's quicker than a car I love..yea I'm that shallow lol.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 08:39:37 PM »
Was just going to try learning this track on the practise server but seems its not running?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 09:18:38 PM »
Was just going to try learning this track on the practise server but seems its not running?
We're using it for Thursday fun run. Jump in!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal