Xtreme Gaming Network

Tue March 28 - fun run?

Author Topic: Tue March 28 - fun run?  (Read 20182 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Tue March 28 - fun run?
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 01:54:35 PM »
Yeah, it's an immediate DQ back to pits when you cross the line. Not entirely sure exactly when that happens in a timed race, but that's what it does.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2017, 02:00:03 PM »
In a timed race then it will just be after the pit window closes and you haven't made the stop yet but crossed the line for another lap. Could set up a race server at Nords with a 15 minute race and pit window 2 to 6 minutes and see everyone get DQ's  ;D

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2017, 05:59:20 PM »
Hey guys my pc has finally died so it looks like I'll be MIA for a while. Enjoy the race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2017, 06:42:25 PM »
Hey guys my pc has finally died so it looks like I'll be MIA for a while. Enjoy the race.
Bugger Rob. I hope you have the time and funds to fix it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2017, 04:43:41 PM »
Bad luck hope, hope your back up and running again soon.

With tonight would people rather run 2 races with race one just the 6 cylinder cars and race 2 just the 12 cylinders or keep them both with 12 of each and have a bit of a mixed grid race. I am thinking of keeping them separate so everyone can try both but if the majority would rather run them together that can be done instead.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2017, 05:21:17 PM »
One other thing if any here would like to test, setup sharing has been broken with ptracker since 1.13 AC build but NEYS has made an experimental ptracker build 3.3.6 that should work again.

It seems that AC 1.13 broke setup sharing again (the new .sp files for pit strategy confused ptracker). I have created version 3.3.6 of ptracker which should fix this. It is currently available at http://n-e-y-s.de in the experimental download area, and it would be cool if some of you could test it before I release officialy in the next few days.

Thanks
Neys

If anyone wants to test the current build tonight then download 3.3.6 experimental from here and we can run a test tonight.

http://n-e-y-s.de/download

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2017, 05:51:47 PM »
Bad luck hope, hope your back up and running again soon.

With tonight would people rather run 2 races with race one just the 6 cylinder cars and race 2 just the 12 cylinders or keep them both with 12 of each and have a bit of a mixed grid race. I am thinking of keeping them separate so everyone can try both but if the majority would rather run them together that can be done instead.
Personally, I had no time to test the combo at all and have not driven any of the cars in maybe 2 months. So I would not mind picking one (most likely to 6 cylinders) and stick with it for the whole night. You never know: by the end of it, I might actually have an idea of what I am doing ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »
I just did my first lap in the 6 cylinder dont ever remember driving the 12 cylinder keeping both in may be better for some, track I have never seen before either. I dont know how different the 12 is to the 6 the 6 is fairly tame and the track wont take too long to learn. Only a couple of tricky hairpins the rest is pretty straight forward unless your trying to set your ultimate PB on your first ever lap I think it should be fairly manageable.  ;)

EDIT: not sure if its something up with my PC or this track, I have had a random ctd each time I have tried to run some laps on the combo in the server.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 06:42:25 PM by marty »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2017, 07:46:05 PM »
Server is up, my ctd seemed to be fixed with a reboot.

Track download from here http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/thomson-road-grand-prix.13694/

Server has the regular xgn password for entry so make sure password server is enabled in server filters.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2017, 10:08:11 PM »
Good fun guys thanks for that was a bit of fun, combo could have done with a bit more practice as its pretty tricky with limited laps.

Here are the race results.

Qualy 1
http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=12805#

Race 1 (take 3 ;D )
http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=12807#

Qualy 2
http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=12808#

Race 2
http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=12809#

Pit window wasn't an issue but seeing as there is no minimal work to be done you could just add 1l of fuel and be done. Forced stops really need some options such as must change tyres/compounds minimal fuel to add or no fuel allowed.

Also all guys should take a look at the new pit app and get used to it for the next main season race with stops. The ROOZ bathurst race last night a couple guys messed up and had to pull out after the first stop and some guys tonight werent sure how the new pit methods work.

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »

^ circuit now (from turn 2 hairpin onwards) how anyone raced anything there is beyond me :S

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2017, 10:36:21 PM »
Cool video Kcender, I didnt think that road would still be around with the amount of development in Singapore over the last 20 years. I have been there a few times and seeing its such a small country fairly likely to have driven on the road as the name did sound familiar.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2017, 10:55:30 PM »
Cool video Kcender, I didnt think that road would still be around with the amount of development in Singapore over the last 20 years. I have been there a few times and seeing its such a small country fairly likely to have driven on the road as the name did sound familiar.
Marty, the straight  is part a major road (Thomson Rd) in Singapore, so most likely you have been on at least parts of it. But the other stuff is a deviation in a park called Old Thomson Rd. and I doubt one could easily get there by mistake.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2017, 11:13:32 AM »
Had fun and might be an idea to sun these cars in a championship. Just next time use one of the easier tracks without killer trees!  I think I died about 20 times per race  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2017, 11:23:37 AM »
Had fun and might be an idea to sun these cars in a championship. Just next time use one of the easier tracks without killer trees!  I think I died about 20 times per race  ;D

Not all trees were solid, even some of those steel posts exiting t1. You go through 1 or 2 thinking phew that was lucky then you hit a solid one or the wire fence and the car gets destroyed, flipped or both. I think they were great cars and the track was good for them, it would just be easier if you did enough laps to know which corner is which.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal