Xtreme Gaming Network

S34R2 - Blackwood

Author Topic: S34R2 - Blackwood  (Read 9101 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S34R2 - Blackwood
« on: August 11, 2020, 10:59:30 PM »
Wins go to Mael and Joe, fastest laps were set by Mael and Phil, and Phil takes the overall round win courtesy of 2 podiums, moving him up into 3rd place.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Phil.8   52
buellersdayoff   51
Joe   45
Mael   45
bradc   40
killagorilla   36
Freezer   34
AGK   32
Wally   25
Simone   14
Rob   12
ab156   11

Penalties
None

Season Standings
1. Joe, 64
2. AGK, 54
3. Phil, 52

Track download

It's going to be hot: 27 and 31 degrees.

15 lap sprint and 31 lap CPS race.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 01:56:01 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S34R2 - Blackwood
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 10:48:33 PM »
Start practicing, this is going to be an intense one!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 09:33:36 AM »
Server's dead  :'(

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 12:23:30 PM »
all good. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 05:48:17 PM »
I'm going to have to wait for LODs for this mod.
I can't get through the first chicane with cars around.
1-2 seconds freezes.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 06:26:00 PM »
Server's up.

The author is working on LODs, but I'm afraid I don't know an ETA.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 10:38:03 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations Phil on the round win.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 10:50:13 PM »
Had a solid race one starting 7th and getting my way up to 4th.  Was about a second  behind Phil for much of it but couldn't bridge
the gap.  Similar story to race one getting my way up to 4th.  Pitted at half way a spent the remainder with a decent gap both in front
and behind so was just keeping it clean . . . but!!  On the final lap with a few corners to go I was out of fuel!!!!   I did think it was 30 laps and
had a little bit more fuel but obviously not enough . . . pretty disappointing after a solid 30 laps!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 10:57:46 PM »
I had a shocker, pretty much. In race 1, I ran into the back of Simone's Nissan under brakes an had to redress. Then later on, maybe I clipped that kerb on the last corner - something sent me into the wall and I lost my front wheel, so that was as good as race over but I continued after repairs to qualify for some points.

Race 2 was going OK, but at one point I hooked the car up on a kerb which spun me off track, costing a fair bit of time. I had a good chase of Simone, passing him after a draft, then a good battle over the last few laps with AGK. I managed to squeeze past on the final corner, giving his door handle a bit of a bump on the way through which looked pretty harmless, but it made him swerve a bit, so I hope that pass wasn't too forceful.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 11:10:05 PM »
Race 1 was blurgh due to the other cars being so loud and missing all my shifts. Around lap 3 I didn't realise killa had just a nose up the inside and when I moved across it spun me around into last place.

Race 2 was good fun. Second half of the race watching the gap to Phil behind which he closed up in the last few laps when my tires went off.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 10:09:29 AM »
Well that was a lot of fun! After practice and qualifying I thought it was going to be another week or racing at the back as my times really slow, but I was surprised that my race pace was actually quite competitive. I managed a good start and avoided the carnage and was sitting in 4th in the early stages of the race. Whilst I knew keeping this would be rather optimistic I still managed to not lose that many spots to the faster guys recovering from their early race issues. For the last 10 laps I spent most of my time behind Killa and only managed to get past late in the race then but not long after this on lap 12 my medium tyres were done! I was really venerable in the turn 1 hairpin so for the final 2 laps I drove a very wide Jaguar and hugged the inside of turn 1 to preserve my 5th place, which was very difficult with all the mirrors showing the left side of the car!

Race 2 was even better! I found that on the Hard tyres I was able to run very consistent times provided I kept the rear of the car straight, so for the opening laps of the race putting the power down felt like walking on egg shells....As people started to quit the game I was beginning to think that I'd race around all race in 10th and see no one, but then to my surprise people started to pit early just as my times got faster. About 6 laps in the Hard's finally got some temperature and I found myself constantly in the low 1m17s, doing PB after PB  :o ! In the end I almost ran out of fuel and swapped tyres at lap 20 where I managed to run down Freezer but could only pass when he ran out of fuel. With a couple of laps to go, Killa caught up to me and luckily I was able to hold him off a little better this time....Ultimately if I could run that race again, I think I'd run 1 more lap on my first stint on the Hard's but otherwise it was pretty much the perfect race for me, even thought the results say 4th, I can't say there was anything left to improve on for that race  ;D

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2020, 10:20:12 AM »
Race 1 got lucky on the start and found a big gap between me and the field. This allowed me to manage the tyres crossing the line with almost nothing left. I want my fastest lap Wally!

Race 2 was a disaster. Burned the left rear within 4 laps and the early stop did not result in the expected undercut. In fact the hard tyres only managed high 17's at best and deteriorated to 18's as the race went on. Tried to make it as hard as possible for others to pass me but in the end everyone made good, clean overtakes, even Wally on the last corner. I made a spectator spin over the line so I could blame Wally for my poor finish.  ;D

the last few laps with AGK  -> Me  :P. I managed to squeeze past on the final corner, giving his door handle a bit of a bump on the way through which looked pretty harmless, but it made him swerve a bit, so I hope that pass wasn't too forceful.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2020, 10:28:28 AM »
Looking at the practice server on Monday it was clear that this long straight would make the Volvo easy prey...lack of power in combination with an aero like a cabinet...doesn't work. Qualy was a bit disappointing...just didn't manage getting in a clean lap. However, starting a bit further up the grid would have made no difference for the race as the cars around would have caught me at the end of the straight anyway.
Racing on this track was still great fun...plenty of great close racing. I made a couple of small mistakes, which cost me positions as well, but overall it went well...no major dramas. My pit stop wasn't too good. Came in very close behind Brad in both races...a bit unlucky I found, but great racing.
Don't expect too much for the next race...
Cheers
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 12:06:16 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2020, 01:55:50 PM »
I did some numbers on the cars based on what AC states and got the following.
Shows the Nissans as the best power and torque to weight, yet in game the BMW
 and XB romp away on the straights.  :o ::)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2020, 02:15:31 PM »
Race 1 got lucky on the start and found a big gap between me and the field. This allowed me to manage the tyres crossing the line with almost nothing left. I want my fastest lap Wally!
Fixed. You got the bonus point already.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal