Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 6: Thursday 24 November - *Changed to Cadwell Park

Author Topic: Round 6: Thursday 24 November - *Changed to Cadwell Park  (Read 28467 times)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
Re: Round 6: Thursday 24 November - *Changed to Cadwell Park
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2016, 03:41:08 PM »
Great shot , 3 wheels of the ground!

no all 4, and quite a few times. Get the angle wrong and come down sideways sliding and locking up to the right hand corner.. .
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2016, 04:29:01 PM »

no all 4, and quite a few times. Get the angle wrong and come down sideways sliding and locking up to the right hand corner.. .
You are quite right, should have been obvious on my 48inch monitor  ;) I did not see the shadow under all 4 wheels.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 12:26:57 AM »

You are quite right, should have been obvious on my 48inch monitor  ;) I did not see the shadow under all 4 wheels.

It will be a fun section to watch in the video that's for sure. I landed sideways off that hump today, just a tad scary

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2016, 04:51:24 PM »
Getting over my bout of gastro so just ran a few laps to learn the track. Will aim to be there tonight if I can as it looks to be a lot of fun.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2016, 09:10:36 PM »
Hey Phil I want to appeal my 2nd last place!!!

On the 3nd lap(?) went off track, lost 4 place before rejoining. Then in AC's wisdom it disregarded my lap placing me a lap behind everyone else.

I should, nay demand my 3rd place!   ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2016, 09:20:07 PM »
A very intense, race long battle with Mael, Seanus and unfckn....
I was shaking at the end of that. :o
Well done guys. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2016, 09:22:35 PM »
...Then in AC's wisdom it disregarded my lap placing me a lap behind everyone else.

I'll give you my last lap, that way I can score my first win!  :D
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2016, 09:29:46 PM »
Sorry for the tap early on wally and the carnage that followed.. such a narrow track and tried to defend a bit too hard. From 3rd down to second last.

Good fun after that though battling with shameless for 10-12 laps both of us getting by people making mistakes. I had the pace but couldn't find a safe way by. Eventually he let me by which he didnt have to.

After that I made quite a few passes including a very heavy phil to get myself into 5th only to get airborn going too quickly through those fast s's at the end of the last lap and headlong into the wall which cost me 3 places.

Great track though. Intense and lots of fun.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2016, 09:30:06 PM »
My lack of practice showed tonight. Made a few early mistakes that cost me and then found it very hard to make my way through the field when I started to find pace due to the track being so narrow. Made for some fun battling though mostly with humper and rooshooter, and I really like that little track, so it I had a great time!

I think I might have to drop off Teamspeak just after race start as I'm finding it incredibly distracting listening to people changing gears and constantly breathing into their mics and starting to chatter before everybody has finished racing.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2016, 09:31:12 PM »
A very intense, race long battle with Mael, Seanus and unfckn....
I was shaking at the end of that. :o
Well done guys. 8)

Definitely.  I did quite well on this track considering, one of my best races in this car. I got off to slow start and waited for the field to settle before pushing it.. only to get caught by the ménage à trois between Wally, Joe and Unfkn. Three wide into that corner was dangerous.. Joe just tapped wally which sent him sideways and poor joe was the ping pong ball between the two of them, I thought I'd make it through when they all went to the right but as I got past wally, joe veered across from the right to the left and I had nowhere to go..

Collected myself after a few laps got back to race pace. Then battled with rooshooter and then AJ for a few laps and nearly shit myself and swallowed my heart a few times after side by side through corners and under brakes.. finally got by him under brakes he came off then I managed to hold off Joe for at least 10 laps and I felt my tyres going so set up a safe area and let Joe know he could have the inside as I was holding him up by at least 2-3 seconds per lap.

Awesome race, just wish the track was a little wider, then I'd have clean pants..
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:44:21 PM by Shameless_1 »

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2016, 09:32:03 PM »
8) Results :o
http://www.racingclubmanager.com/races_tab.cfm?club=1137

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=10210

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=10211#

well done everyone and Champagne to       UnFknBLievable    Bacchulum      Mael

Sorry seanus 4th now :(
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 11:29:52 AM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2016, 09:53:43 PM »
What can I say - what an ending!
Apologies to Joe for the early contact, unfortunately I got caught up and had to get on the grass. Luckily I was able to push on. For the most part of the race, I was chasing Bac and Seanus. The 150kg Ballast held me back accelerating out of corners and was a little too heavy to even draft behind the car ahead when I managed to catch up, so I had to rely on my faster sectors to keep pace. lap time was was tight!

Bad luck to Seanus who lost control on lap 16 (I think) heading down the straightway. Bac and myself took the advantage and it was extremely tight for the next 2 laps till the end.

Well done and looking forward to next race :D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2016, 10:08:46 PM »

On the 3nd lap(?) went off track, lost 4 place before rejoining. Then in AC's wisdom it disregarded my lap placing me a lap behind everyone else.

If you look at the total race time in the sTracker results, you can see where Mael should fit in. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2016, 11:11:33 PM »

Ok i will fix it tomorrow,  3rd you say :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2016, 07:11:05 AM »
Well done to the podium people, this track is intense and 18 laps was a real workout. I knew before the night from my lap times I would be at the back of the pack, I usually judge how well I am lapping by comparing my times against Flattop( he is a better driver than me) and I was way slower. I just could not get a fast line around this track ! I still had some fun with quite a few others in the race though , being a mobile road block.
I really liked Bacchulum's comment about "shaking at the end of that", this is what sums up  the immersion factor of simracing and something that non sim racers will never understand, and why it is so addictive. Roll on next week.
social media is the tobacco of this century

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal