Xtreme Gaming Network

Is ACC worth getting or not

Author Topic: Is ACC worth getting or not  (Read 17192 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Is it worth getting or not
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 12:38:32 PM »
Its cheap to buy. It sounds and looks better which does contribute to the overall experience.  Its not perfect yet but it's still being developed so that's expected.
You've got nothing to lose,  so buy it!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2018, 12:44:13 PM »
Actually i would not mind to resub iracing and trying again...i once was a star mazda champion and beat bird

I remember one race I got taken out on the last race of the season, I was royally pissed.  It also cost me the pro licence right there.  :)  Good times. (That wasn't the mazda, though, I think it was v8s - mazda was only C level, no?)
I did resub a while back, but man it felt really weird & floaty.  It is a very different feedback compared to AC.  I dare you to give it a try!

I think I'll give acc a try, too, it can't hurt.    Not this weekend, sadly, we're visiting relatives.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:46:53 PM by Bird »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 04:10:05 PM »
Phil, I've just realised this is available on Steam as "Early Access".  This means you can buy it and try it (unlimited), then get a refund, no questions asked, while it's in Early Access.  Just try it.
Then refund it.  Then if you did like it, re-purchase it at the next sale.   It's all perfectly within Steam's current policies.

So are you saying that early access games do not have the 14day or 2 hour time limit imposed on them and I can return it the day before full release if still no triple monitor support ?

I am finding it very hard to see the apex as it is now, and its a bit arcadey, very easy to drive, don't need any throttle control, just plant it out of the corners and away you go, I am wondering if atm its built more around console and contollers than PC and wheel, but we are the beta testers for that ? I presume as it matures it might become more of a PC game, but atm it feels console to me
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Is ACC worth getting or not
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2018, 11:01:01 AM »
Phil, I've just realised this is available on Steam as "Early Access".  This means you can buy it and try it (unlimited), then get a refund, no questions asked, while it's in Early Access.  Just try it.
Then refund it.  Then if you did like it, re-purchase it at the next sale.   It's all perfectly within Steam's current policies.

So are you saying that early access games do not have the 14day or 2 hour time limit imposed on them and I can return it the day before full release if still no triple monitor support ?

Well, that was my understanding - it was written on Steam's pages at some point IIRC, I've even used this once or twice.   
The logic was that an early access game hasn't been released yet.  The 2hr/2wk starts at the release date. 

However, I can't find a direct reference now, so it may not work like that now.

Note: You can always try to get a refund even if you went over the 2hr time, I've got 4hr games refunded. (One was recently; I left it running accidentally when I went to have dinner, heh)

Also you can re-purchase a refunded game when a new version is out and try it again.   So you can just try this method.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2019, 04:47:55 PM »
Assetto Corsa Competizione - https://steamcharts.com/app/805550
DOA
With release close I wonder if the numbers will improve or have Kunos sold us something we don't really want or need, I know I feel suckered in that's for sure,   I wish I followed my gut feeling on this money making console wannabe venture

playing an hour ago

24-hour peak

all-time peak

Assetto Corsa - https://steamcharts.com/app/244210
Still going strong

playing 40 min ago

24-hour peak

all-time peak

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 05:19:31 PM »
12.30, its a shame they were no upfront right at the beginning,  but I guess if they were an awful lot of potential customers would not have purchased.
I am very disappointed in their business practice and not wanting to give them a cent again

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 06:24:07 PM »
Rolz has a friend who has a friend who is a dev for Kunos.. sounds like one of those unlikely stories ey.. anyway hes been told they're working on the triple support and it may even be in v1 tomorrow. nDisplay which is the feature that allows it was previously an unsupported feature but a month or so ago become properly supported in the engine.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2019, 06:53:58 PM »
Triple support is neither ruled out or in at this stage. There are higher priorities at the moment, and development will continue after the 1.0 release.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2019, 08:29:58 PM »
I think the numbers say it all.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2019, 10:09:36 PM »
I'm hoping it's just a stop gap before they work on AC 2.  I do worry thought that they had a lot of legal action heaped on them through AC and big business not liking the modding aspect, that Kunos won't ever produce another AC.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2019, 11:35:45 PM »
The content is fairly niche - it is the Blancpain GT3 game, simulating one racing series, after all. That limits the available cars and tracks, and the format is really one of endurance racing, with driver swaps etc, which might not be everyone's cup of tea, not as much as quick pick-up sprints, for example.

But in terms of an actual racing simulation, it's much richer than AC, in terms of graphics, audio, physics, changing weather conditions and day/night cycle, rules, penalties, strategy (tyre set management) etc.

It is a pity that triple screens aren't yet properly supported... but never say never.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2019, 02:42:30 PM »
I just gave it a quick try again now it's in V1. For me setting an appropriate FOV means the side monitors are so stretched i makes my head hurt and I miss apexes. The new projection correction setting fixed this; setting it to 1.0 made every look right, but it seriously degrades the graphics make it look super low resolution. For me this makes the game unplayable and I don't see the point in running it on a single monitor. Projection Correction definitely a step in the right direction; if they could achieve that without the lack of detail it would be a feasible way to play on triples.

Haven't tried it in VR yet but not sure how my 1070 will cope.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2019, 04:59:06 PM »
I've been playing it for ages with triples, and indeed just had 1.5 hrs of online racing against 10 randoms (on the xgnacc server). I think from memory my FOV is 37 degrees. Yes, the side monitors are a little stretched, but for me it's certainly playable. I'm used to it - I no longer notice the aspect of the side monitors.  I tried that alternative projection and although it makes the side monitors look OK, it makes the central image far too lo-res to be worthwhile.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2019, 05:08:08 PM »
I can't remember what I set my FOV to, but the track still didn't look quite how it should, and on tight corners where you'd look for the apex on a side monitor I couldn't hit it due the distortion.

VR however was different, as everything looks right I could get into it and really appreciate how the game feels and sounds. Still need some tinkering but I played around with it in VR for a little while and was fun, At least for now that's one one to play it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2019, 07:05:27 PM »
The FOV looks the same as AC to me, on the central monitor.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal