Xtreme Gaming Network

Test server - pit stop hold delay

Author Topic: Test server - pit stop hold delay  (Read 12022 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Test server - pit stop hold delay
« on: January 01, 2017, 09:43:46 AM »
I am running a test server called "XGN Pit Server", to test a driver-specific hold in the pits, where different drivers have to sit in the pits for so many seconds before the pit stop starts. This is what I hope to use if we do a Praga season, like they do in real life.

I have arbitrary time delays configured for the following test drivers:
Marty - 10 seconds
Phil.8 - 8
Joe - 6
Bacchulum - 4
Kcender87 - 10

To install
Unzip the attached zip file into steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\PitConfig, replacing files. This is a modified version of PitConfig which adds the configurable hold delay. It will work just like the normal app on any other server.

To run
When you join the server (which is in a perpetual race cycle), enable the PitConfig app. When you pit in the race, you should see a big countdown timer near the centre of the screen, which counts down how many seconds you are held for before your pit stop starts automatically. Note - you can drive out of your pit box while the countdown is happening, so sit on your brake.

Let me know how it goes.
Anyone else who's GUID is in the entry list, other than the drivers above, should be able to pit without any delay.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:10:44 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Test server - pit stop hold delay
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »
I just tried the server and on join it has at top connection issue, I installed the modified pitconfig app and even with connection issue did a lap and entered the pits. I saw no timer or anything different so seems to not be working atm.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 02:06:47 PM »
I just tried the server and on join it has at top connection issue, I installed the modified pitconfig app and even with connection issue did a lap and entered the pits. I saw no timer or anything different so seems to not be working atm.
Hmmm, it worked flawlessly for me this morning and again just now when I joined the server. There's no weird errors in the server log, except for a message that says "Car already in used by another driver" the second time you joined. You joined twice, 3 minutes apart, according to the log. Maybe you caught it just when it was looping to a new session?

It would be good to see what happens if someone else joins.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 03:01:15 PM »
Probably better to set the server for qual and race then and people can skip to race. Shouldnt this timer also work in other sessions as you can know pit in any session. I will try join and restart or skip session see if it makes a difference.

I joined twice as I had the connection issue with server, I left then came back but still had the same thing. I did a lap entered the pit and nothing happened but will try again.

I have never noticed the server connection error on top of the screen but its there as soon as I get in the car and stays there the entire time both times I entered the server.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 03:12:38 PM »
I tried again, first I tried to login to the server as admin and it crashed me out of the game. I then rejoined and voted for next session to see if it made a difference with the join bug and the vote ended then started me back in the pits which is odd as its meant to be a race.

I did a lap went to pits and this time noticed the timer for 10 seconds when I first braked and stopped. The white text is very hard to see where it was as it blended in with some white so maybe it needs to be inside a black box or something. I rolled forward then stopped again and it went to my pit.

I still had the connection issue on top of the screen so no idea whats going on there but maybe this plugin is more hassle then its worth but will need to see others try it. It seems a rather complicated way of doing something fairly simple, simple timer poping up on the pitstop and people being informed their min stop time should be enough. Then simply having a method of checking who didnt stop long enough and is given a penalty. Ptracker can monitor this already but if you dont want to run stracker on race nights for whatever reason you could find another method.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 03:15:57 PM »
"Connection Issue - the server is not available"
Still did a lap and stop, no timer. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 03:21:59 PM »

Did you use the updated Pit config? I found it quite hard to see the timer over the car and pitlane so maybe you just missed it too.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 03:23:25 PM »
Can you imagine the chaos of me saying over TS to 24 people how long they have to stop in a pitstop for? And then people remembering that when they pit? It would never work. The app is a simple, automated technique, where the player doesn't have to do anything at all. The pit stop hold should lead to a more interesting way of handicapping that doesn't alter the car handling, so it's worth perservering with. The plugin is basically written by Minolin - I have just tacked a little bit onto it to configure the PitConfig app when you join - so should be working OK.

There's no point enforcing a delay if you pit in a practice session.

I could make it a red number (I don't think I can change the background). You don't really have to do anything while you wait - the app automatically just waits that long and then does the pit stop. The countdown is more of a "courtesy" thing - just some feedback so you can see how long you're waiting for.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 03:34:33 PM »

I can see in the server log that as soon as you joined, it said "No cars connected, move to next session". Maybe again it was just looping? As Marty suggested, I might have to set up the server with a practice and a race session, rather than a looping race session alone.

I'm just restarting the server...

admin password is the usual password. You can skip to the next session by entering chat commands:

/admin <password>
/next_session
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 04:05:51 PM by Wally »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 03:51:20 PM »

Did you use the updated Pit config? I found it quite hard to see the timer over the car and pitlane so maybe you just missed it too.
Yep (1st to d/l it ;) )
But not only was there no timer, more importantly, there was no delay.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 04:17:07 PM »

Yep (1st to d/l it ;) )
But not only was there no timer, more importantly, there was no delay.

I've updated the download in the 1st post to make the timer red, and to fix a little bug (where the timer would stay on screen if you stopped again in pits after your pit stop ended). Please re-download it.

I think you weren't really connected to the server before, because it looped to the next session just as you were joining. Try again with a practice/race session cycle.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 04:22:00 PM »
Literally just tested it before you posted the new one. The delay worked fine, I just couldn't see the timer.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 04:40:48 PM »
So if this doesn't work we can't drive the Prada???? :D

It works. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 04:52:06 PM »
Yeah, I think the hassles were from trying to join a server that was just looping in a race session.

Bacchulum, mount a PR campaign, buy some votes, spread some fake news, bribe an admin... you know how democracy works ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 07:49:36 PM »
With the text can it be made say white with a black outline, the issue with a single colour of text is if your car happens to be that colour it will blend in. Red I suspect may be worse in the red Ferrari's not sure about the Prada's.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal