Xtreme Gaming Network

Initial thoughts

Author Topic: Initial thoughts  (Read 31618 times)

Offline Brit

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Administrator
  • Pommy Killing Machine
    • View Profile
Initial thoughts
« on: October 02, 2013, 04:35:46 PM »
well pretty impressed to be honest, plays very well for a beta. The general feel etc is pretty much the same as BF3 but yea thought I would start this topic to get any general feedback.

One thing that did surprise me that despite being softcore it was relatively easy to drop someone...

Thoughts?

Offline Snakeyes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Initial thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 05:26:44 PM »
Yea i like it quite alot!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 05:22:18 PM »
that sounds good, might buy it when it comes out...I just need to find a bit more time to actually play it, LOL :D

Offline hitman

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 05:50:21 PM »
yea feels the same as bf3

Offline Shrek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »
f*cking sh*t game.  Whats the difference between this and BF3.   Pleased I didn't pre-order it.

Offline Brit

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Administrator
  • Pommy Killing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 10:26:58 PM »
lol really... whats so bad about it? have you played it for more than 5 minutes?

Offline aussiewolf

• The Good the Bad and the Ugly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 10:42:25 PM »
Im impressed with the game , and i have to say the beta is coded far better than bf3 was and it appears to run a hell of a lot smoother, weapons are still slightly up the shit with damage but they will never get it right as to many people bitch about getting owned by a certain weapon .  Those of us like yourself sherk that have been gaming a long bloody time shouldnt be suprised that these new games arent that different from previous versions, may i remind you of black ops and black ops 2 , or modern warefare 2 and 3 , or hte fact Bf3 was only slightly different from bad company 2 ,  Buying these new games is no much more different than what people did with black ops 2 and bf3 , you pay 80 bucks to buy the game and then 4 times throughout the year spend another 20 bucks on the old fashion Expansion packs .  They have an engine and platform that works well , why would you want them to modify that and us end up with an un polished buggy game like bf3 was upon release , hopefully this time around they have fixed all those issues and once the game is released it will be a pleasure to play.  i havent pre ordered this but i am considering getting it , just have to hope i have the spare cash , as the mining downturn has really hit us hard . But till then still going to run a muck of bf3 and black ops 2

Offline Shrek

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 10:52:41 PM »
lol really... whats so bad about it? have you played it for more than 5 minutes?

Yes I have played it more than 5 minutes........I gave it 8 minutes  :D

Just has a real arcade feel to it.  Problem is I wasn't a big BF3 fan and this just feel to much like BF3 for my liking.

Offline aussiewolf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 10:57:26 PM »
see i was the opposite i loved bf3 , as it was something completely different to cod , it was more like JO and BHD days , some where to stretch your legs and kill some opponents that werent spawning a mere 5 metre away. They wont revert back to the old battelfield vibe, I wish they would do a revist of 1942 or one of the older wars , as i think thats what the community is starving for

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 10:05:58 AM »
Wow this morning the download conection was a staggering 720kb/sec...geeee(normally is 150 kb/sec, ok I will try to download the silly game,i will go to do some work and by lunch the download will be ready,hopefully, can`t wait to stab lube,or brit,,,or better,,,,,NOS!!

I am still playing bf3,,good fun online

Offline aussiewolf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 01:13:37 PM »
Ill have to try and get on for a stab

Offline UBGrumpy

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 12:26:24 AM »
i have to say the beta is coded far better than bf3 was and it appears to run a hell of a lot smoother,
Cant say I agree with that! BF4 is as laggy as hell for 'most' people. BF3 has always ran fine for me, BF4 is very laggy, even on 'Low' settings.
I can tell you tho, when playing Conquest, the dust which appears after the building falls down, is not meant to stay around for the remainder of the map. The dust is supposed to dis-appear after a few minutes, it is a known fault and the developers are working on it to help reduce the lag which happens after the building goes down.

Also, as some would know, you can not configure the DELETE key ingame. You can however manually edit the 'PROFSAVE_profile' file. (C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4 Beta\settings) to get the DELETE key working, I've done this and it works fine ingame. You can also do this to get the 'INSERT' key working ingame. ;)

Each button on the Keyboard is allocated a number, the DELETE key is number 211. I have no idea what number the INSERT key is as I don't use it ingame.

And 'aussie', if your paying $80 for the game and $20 for each of the 4 expansions ($160 total) then you are shopping in the wrong place! I got 3 copies of BF3 for $ 140 then paid $28 for Premium. So all up for just 'my' BF3 game with Premium cost me a grand total of  $74.98 ............. that's less than what you paid just for the 'base' game. :D

BF4 I will buy for $55 and Premium for $48 .... total $103 (considering ORIGIN want $79.99 for the game and $59.99 for Premium (Total $139.98) I think $103 is quite good considering I need to buy 3 copies which will be a saving of $90 all up. :D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 12:28:31 AM by UBGrumpy »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 09:19:49 AM »
Grumpy you are always a knowledgeable person,,,hehee...

MEH!!!   these FPS are running out of"STEAM"...played it for sometimes and it is just like bf3,bf2,,,and so on..but I will get it for sure!!

Offline shevermin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 11:31:53 PM »

Yes I have played it more than 5 minutes........I gave it 8 minutes  :D

Just has a real arcade feel to it.  Problem is I wasn't a big BF3 fan and this just feel to much like BF3 for my liking.

Yeah go back to Sims house party Sherk....

The beta got better over it's time with updated drivers and textures.. 

Snipers on the roof will be gone once commander mode operates..

No more teleport knives..  no more fun for me..

You can vault objects more smoothly,  but not the barbed wire,  subtle..

All in all another great leap forward in gaming.. 

And all you have to say is troll, troll, troll...   :o 

You sad green monster.

Offline aussiewolf

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 02:04:43 PM »
i havent had any lag at all in the beta mate, it ran smooth as butter brother. held a constant fps and all was well . If your running on an older machine then you cant blame the game for what the hardware cant perform at , but on my system here mate i have played both games and bf4 beats it hands down for performance

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal