Xtreme Gaming Network

Imola Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: Imola Post-Race Chat  (Read 12778 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Imola Post-Race Chat
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:58:49 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings

Penalties
Race 1: penalty for Steve Xland (-4) for running into the back of RJM (+4)

Round Points
StanDaam    70
Guybrush Threepwood    69
Matthew111    67
Ysu    63
Simone    62
Jeremy    55
Phil.8    52
Wally    47
Rob    45
Marty    44
Steve Xland    42
Bafs17    35
Joe    35
UnFknBLievable    34
RJM    34
Grubbet    30
Freezer    29
JamieP    26
Vipergod    19

Congratulations to Guybrush and Matthew111 for the race wins, and StanDaam for the overall round win.

Season Podium
1. Matthew111, 140
2. StanDaam, 137
3. Ysu, 128 (moves into 3rd from Rolz)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:36:48 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Imola Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:09:18 PM »
chat chat
chit chat...

Ok, here it is; I've enjoyed it, although in the 2nd race by some freak thing, my steering was about 20 degrees sideways.  When pitted I didn't know what tyres - that cost me a bit.  Then I've tried to fix the steering, and managed, to some level, so after the pit I've only had about 5 degrees of sideways-steering.  It was still a bit annoying, but less distracting.

Good race with Simone at the end.  These cars are extremely fast to comfortably overtake...I've stuck my nose in, but I pulled out early.  It's just too scary.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:13:18 PM by Bird »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:26:18 PM »
First race at the start got a side tap from Wally pushing me off the track while he was trying to avoid an incident in front, then I lost some control in lap 2, went slow into a corner and got hit from behind. After that I was at the back. After a few laps I managed to catch Grubbert but couldn't quite get past. He unfortunately spun out in the last lap so I did gain the place.

Second race I managed lap 1 okay, but in lap 2 I found Guy rejoining the track behind me, and with that pressure of the mighty brush on my heels lost some control meaning he gave me a tap (totally my fault  ::)) and I went 90 degrees into the wall and I had to let everyone pass so I could reverse out. I made up quite a few places, mainly from people losing control. Really need to work on my overtaking. Unfortunately think I picked up a 10 second penalty so the consistency I managed to find for the rest of the race went to waste... booooo

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:53:56 PM »
First race at the start got a side tap from Wally pushing me off the track while he was trying to avoid an incident in front...
Yes, sorry about that, but I was avoiding the Steve/RJm incident right in front of me.

In race 1 I got a bit caught up on the first lap in a RJM/Phil.8 coming together at the top chicane, with nowhere to go, but no damage done. From there I was pretty much chasing Steve X, but he just kept pulling further and further away, until I could see no cars in front of me nor behind me. I'm not surprised I was the "Loneliest" for that race in the results. I was just caught in a big "bubble".

Race 2 was a little more exciting. I ran a long stint, pitting on lap 11, but I just guessed a fuel amount, and when I came out I saw that I was going to be almost exactly a lap short. So I was short-shifting for ages, and managed to get my fuel rate down enough to last the race, but in a brain fade moment with about two laps to go, I ran a bit wide at turn 1, and let Jeremy and Rob past, dropping from 8th to 10th, which was annoying, but at least I finished the race.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 11:16:16 PM »
Tonight I took a change of tac in setting up the car and for once it felt how I prefer and this resulted in a top 10 qualifying ( a rarity of late).
R1: Got away fine grabbing one spot.  Then coming onto the front straight Marty and someone where having a little tussle that allowed me to catch them down the straight however I missed the brake marker into T1 by a bees dick and immediately moved left trying to avoid Marty in front and despite not feeling it at the time I did give him a small tap and pushed him off.  Big apologies to Marty for stuffing your race up. 
I pulled off and waited to the back and then spent the race grabbing back a few spots.
R2:  Starting in 4th I jumped into 3rd however a lap or so later I locked the rears into T1 which resulted in the field going by.  Spent the next handful of laps chasing the field when suddenly the odd hard downshift saw me blow the motor . . game over!
Pace was decent tonight driving standards need some work.... :-[

As for 110% grip . . . I think it achieved the desired result, that is, it made the cars feel more like you would expect a multi million dollar Ferrari to feel i.e. very planted to the road.   The spins and things showed you still need to drive the thing properly but you could definitely throw more at it and it could take it.   Just my two cents . . .

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 12:39:30 AM »
Wasnt a great nite for me, race 1 unfortunatly got hit by freezer and it smashed me into the wall quite hard. Was pretty badly damaged and I made it to the pits slowly but repair was going to take nearly a lap and I was already well back behind the field.

Race 2 got swampedboff the line as there was a ferrari that didnt get away too well ahead of me. I needed to back off a little and those around me didnt took good advantage of that. Went from 6th to 10th into t1 but well done to all for avoiding contact as it was pretty well bunched up.

During the race I made a few silly errrors and had a fairly lonely run most of the way into 6th at the end.

Maybe Kunos will give us the more grippy race track specific versions of these 2 cars ferrari FxxK and P1 GTR.  Dont forget the cars we are running are street cars. ;D

[youtube]QQ5hALZb6wA[/youtube]

[youtube]Xf5-VpnYIyE[/youtube]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:51:23 AM by marty »

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 08:49:55 AM »
Sounds good Marty!!  :)

Fun night of racing for me  ;D
I had a solid network connection so I was very happy with that (thank you oh mighty QoS, I'm building a shrine...).

Race 1 was a solid race. GB got away after a little bit of hassling from Bird in 2nd place. I was left fighting for 3rd with Mathew for most of the race. Then Bird decided to have a quick play in the sand with 2 laps left which put me right on his rear. I didn't have the pace to get him but I got a PB in the 34's on the last lap trying to get him, well happy with 3rd  ;D

Race 2, I was soooo lucky not to cause a major stack coming into the braking for turn 1. I was out wide, a little bit on the grass, then all squirrely trying to brake, only just in control... survived!!! :P Great race from there on, people around all the time, ended up with Mathew putting on the pressure in 2nd (The classic P1 fast in the corners but the Ferrari had the legs in the straights to hold him off) and a wounded GB in 3rd catching us. Spectacular finish at the 2nd last corner saw the crowds in the stands rise and go 'ooooh ahhh!!' then limped home in 2nd.
Top night of racings!!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:15:38 AM by StanDaam »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 10:05:43 AM »
What a stuff up for me last night. PC never booted - PC started but no monitors. Anyone have this problem before?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 10:07:29 AM »
What a stuff up for me last night. PC never booted - PC started but no monitors. Anyone have this problem before?
Not an expert sorry,  power unit?
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 10:20:11 AM »

Did you get it to load up later? If not it could be a faulty gpu. Im sure you checked the monitor cables but did the monitors power on in bootup before windows loads. If they did then its likely just a driver error, but if no display is coming at all and monitors are set to the correct source with cables attached properly it may be a dead gpu.

If the pc starts up then it wouldnt be power unit as that want let anything to power up if faulty.

Offline steve_xland

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 12:23:48 PM »
Yeah I deserve the -4 for that misjudgement.  Very Sorry RJM. I did spologise at the time & was ready to readdress if he had gone off track.
Wasn't quite expecting the field to brake so early but to be honest I had no idea how close the corner was at that point. I didn't feel I was following too close, just got caught out.

Anyway - Struggled to find any decent pace in qualifying, as has been the case all week with this track. During the races I could see that I wasn't cutting some of the corners & chicanes enough, which is against my normal way of driving. To me, a cut is all four wheels outside the track, not the "push until you get told off" method so I need to adjust my head for that rule.

Race 1 - Tried to settle into my own rhythm & run my own race & to an extent this worked quite well.  Was able to jump a few cars that had made errors and leapt from 11th up to 8th I think by the end. Was trying to keep my pace & open the gap to Wally behind me.

Race 2 - Just outside the top ten in qual so I was again back of the leading pack. Made no real advance until the pits came around. I refuelled early to tried to make it home on one set of tyres. Nearly worked but they dropped off about 4 laps from the end.

Overall I had fun & some good "time" battles on track with s few players. Sorry again to Ray for the tap in T1, I assume it gave you a bit of damage for Race 1 as you mentioned the car was feeling sluggish.

On a different note,  there was way too much talking during qual & racing for my liking, Especially once guys had finished their races they assume everyone has finished so they start up chatting away, even when more than half the field are still racing.  It's great to have company & to have TS to communicate in-game, but I feel the friendly chatter belongs in the practice sessions, not the serious ones. Just my two cents.

Otherwise enjoyed  myself & thanks for having an opening for me once again.
"that;s what she actually looks like!" - Pablo Picasso

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 01:05:09 PM »
First point to check are all the connections/cables, including power cables.  Unplug all, and plug them back properly.
Then, try and re-seat the gfx card(s).  (It's not a visual thing to check, you need to take them out & put them back!)

After all this, if it still happens, you may have a gfx card issue or a monitor issue.  Test by using another monitor, then another card.

This is what I'd do, in any case.

Edit:
But I have had not-quite-compatible PC cases in the past, where certain cards just wouldn't sit properly, they'd wiggle themselves out eventually, and cause all kinds of errors.  This, tho, is fairly visible if you check how the connector (where the card is connected into the mobo) sits in its slot.

I've also had sick monitors that would just switch off at random; but you can check this by the "ON" led state I guess.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:08:54 PM by Bird »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 01:58:02 PM »
First up I must apologise to Stan for the second race.  I committed the cardinal sin of taking out the leader on the last lap on the second last corner.  My braking mark was obscured as I was on Matthew's tail and broke a fraction later than I normally would which resulted in me juuust clipping the back of Stan's car.  So booo for me.

Race 1 was OK.  Bird stuck to my tail for most of it and I was just trying to learn the car/track/grip combo a bit better as I raced around.

Race 2 was action packed.  Went off trying to avoid someone who braked earlier than expected on lap 2.  Back on track I was following Joe and got beside him slightly coming out of the tight hairpin but it looked like Joe got a little sideways on the astro turf and we collided.  Just a racing incident.  Then I came up on the artist formerly known as Krahl with a fairly large straight-line speed advantage, but when I went to overtake around the outside of the start straight I think Krahl was going for the same piece of track and I had to go on the grass to avoid, which made me spin straight down the track, luckily avoiding Stan into T1.  Car was super-damaged after that and the previous bumps but hung onto the back of Stan and Matthew.  Got right on the back of Matthew into the second last corner and the rest is history.  All I can say is:  I expect the "donation" in my account within the week Matthew ;)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 02:53:28 PM »
Oh you didn't already receive it guy haha nah unlucky stan that was your race you drove solid as a rock all race!

Race 1: Didn't do that great was trying to hang on to the back of bird but coming down the fast right hander down the hill the infamous mclaren bottoming out issue struck and pushed me wide and behind stan. Set my sights on stan and saw he went a little wide at t1 so I tried to straighten my line through t1 to get a run but the curb sent me packing to the grass lol so I settled for 4th but realised I was cutting it fine for fuel so tried to save like crazy and in the end I just ran out over the line and came 6th.

Race2: Fairly exciting race, got off the line nice and clean and settled behind stan and went with his pace so we could catch the lead cars, once we got to p2 p3 respectively I started putting some pressure on him and got past at the chicane only for stan to pit. I decided to stay out and try and build a gap which didn't work as I came out behind stan again where I would remain until the last turn where my bank transaction cleared in guys account :P It was a great pressure race leading up to that point I was hammering the mclaren through the turns to really apply some pressure on stan in hope he may go a little wide as its so hard to pass here especially when the Ferrari can pull the gap back on the straights but stan to his credit drove well and didn't crack, deserved to win it I got lucky there in the end felt bad claiming that one lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 04:03:49 PM »
Missed it all after my internet went AWOL. >:(
Only just got it back.

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal