Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R4: Spa Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R4: Spa Pre-Race Chat  (Read 19292 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S7R4: Spa Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 02:58:06 PM »
I just ran a couple laps and I think PLP is too forgiving here its almost impossible to get a cut, I think it may be worth giving it a go at only 2 tyres out rather then 3 because there are spots you can run 2 cars wide of the track and not get called for it, tightening the rule will just make people stick more to the actual track as Imola was also being over abused I think. Not that its a real advantage if you run wide by accident but if you were to intend to run wide then you can carry much more speed through the apexes and the lines you can get away with at Spa is a bit silly. Compare the lines we can drive against those onboard videos and its easily worth a few seconds a lap.

Here is the last dry f1 pole lap at Spa from 2012 notice how he keeps 2 wheels inside the white line at all times. We are able to go 4 wheels onto astro without a call at most corners.

[youtube]kqYoZ2D9_b4[/youtube]

Here is an oboard qualy run in a gt car
[youtube]Y7huvqSpqxg[/youtube]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:08:33 PM by marty »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 05:18:11 PM »
I think it depends more on the car than what is and isn't allowed.

For example this qualifying lap from last year (second lap in vid), Lotterer goes all four wheels outside the lines on at least a couple of occassions, and Ricciardo also went all four wheels outside at blanchimont which was allowed (although more of a mistake in the wet but held it flat).

[youtube]_pu_4yH5tpg[/youtube]

I think it's quicker though to not go outside the lines if you can get it right, which is probably why they are fairly lenient on that.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 05:28:10 PM »
I've just been looking at the number of wheels out of the track that AC reports to the PLP app at Spa, and it's surprisingly liberal. I.e. there are many areas where you can be completely outside of the white lines, but still on the green "turf", and the games says you have 0 wheels off the track. In a lot of places, AC regards the outside edge of the green tarmac as the track limit. There's not much the PLP app can do about such relaxed track limits unfortunately.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 07:43:50 PM »
I've just been looking at the number of wheels out of the track that AC reports to the PLP app at Spa, and it's surprisingly liberal. I.e. there are many areas where you can be completely outside of the white lines, but still on the green "turf", and the games says you have 0 wheels off the track. In a lot of places, AC regards the outside edge of the green tarmac as the track limit. There's not much the PLP app can do about such relaxed track limits unfortunately.

Thats what I expected and its pretty poor that it does that, there is a way of fixing that possibly and I will take a look. Its just within the tracks surfaces.ini file.

[SURFACE_0]
KEY=CONCRETE
FRICTION=0.85
DAMPING=0
WAV=
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

[SURFACE_1]
KEY=CARPET
FRICTION=0.65
DAMPING=0
WAV=extraturf.wav
WAV_PITCH=0
FF_EFFECT=NULL
DIRT_ADDITIVE=0.1
IS_VALID_TRACK=1
BLACK_FLAG_TIME=0
SIN_HEIGHT=0
SIN_LENGTH=0
IS_PITLANE=0
VIBRATION_GAIN=0
VIBRATION_LENGTH=0

If there was an edit to this then you can control what is and isnt valid track, I really dont know why kunos makes carpet and kerbs valid track. But any change made here would be the same as last round and best if another track version was made as editing this and running rsr on the track will get you banned.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 07:52:01 PM »
Is it duelling videos ;)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 04:29:20 PM »
Hey Wally, my pc is still down so I think you'd better line up a reserve for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll only be out for 1 week.

rob

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 05:41:43 PM »
Hey Wally, my pc is still down so I think you'd better line up a reserve for tomorrow. Hopefully I'll only be out for 1 week.

rob

Bad luck Rob.  I hope you can get it sorted out without too many dramas.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 03:42:51 PM »
I think it should be an interesting race this round as the 2 cars are a bit closer here then all other tracks, the Lafa is a fair bit easier to drive but laptime wise for me its only fractionally quicker then the p1.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 06:14:12 PM »
I think it should be an interesting race this round as the 2 cars are a bit closer here then all other tracks, the Lafa is a fair bit easier to drive but laptime wise for me its only fractionally quicker then the p1.
According to my RSR stats, the comparison here at Spa is below. Nothing in it!

Ferrari La Ferrari
McLaren P1

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 06:17:36 PM »
UnFknBLievable is out for tonight with the flu.

I'm out with a rotten headache and aches and pains from the weather changes.

have a good race guys.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 07:07:04 PM »
My Internet's shat itself - local exchange outage. I may or may not be there, but the show will go on regardless, with just the one race tonight.

Rolz

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2015, 07:10:37 PM »
re-read the format and now understand why I'm running out of fuel so quickly... with no practice and my setup from Silverstone I don't think I'll do any good here tonight... still I'm here and looking forward to it :)

Offline steve_xland

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2015, 07:48:05 PM »
Not gonna run tonight.

I am not liking these cars & will wait for some modern Race machines later on.
I've put mountains of practice in but just can't seem to gel at all.

Good luck all.
"that;s what she actually looks like!" - Pablo Picasso

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2015, 10:09:17 PM »
Not gonna run tonight.

I am not liking these cars & will wait for some modern Race machines later on.
I've put mountains of practice in but just can't seem to gel at all.

Good luck all.
No worries Steve. Keep an eye on the forums to see what comes up. We had some good matched pace for a few races there.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2015, 10:22:32 PM »
My Internet's shat itself - local exchange outage. I may or may not be there, but the show will go on regardless, with just the one race tonight.
Hard Luck Wally...  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal