Xtreme Gaming Network

Spa Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: Spa Post-Race Chat  (Read 14480 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Spa Post-Race Chat
« on: June 16, 2015, 09:59:53 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings

Round Points
Matthew111    75
Ysu    69
StanDaam    66
Marty    63
Phil.8    60
Simone    57
Joe    54
Rolz    51
Bacchulum    48
Freezer    45
Imperious    42
Grubbet    39
Bafs17    36
Jeremy    33
JamieP    30
Vipergod    27
christopheraser    24
Gratulin    21

Season Podium

1. Matthew111, 215
2. StanDaam, 203
3. Ysu, 197
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
Re: Spa Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 11:02:46 PM »
Solid little race for me, got off the line nicely and led the opening lap until being a bit to caution through eau rouge when the car bottomed out a bit and jeremy got the run on me and I slipped to 2nd with marty on my tail and we had a nice little 3 way fight for the lead for a couple of laps. Unfortunately marty had a moment so it was just me and jeremy 1 and 2 a first for our team which was nice for the cameras haha until the pitsops when jeremy had issues so) i was by myself and decided to do 2 laps to chase the fastest lap points and then manage fuel which was tight on the mclaren and from there just managed the race to bring it home nicely :
do you even motorsports?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 11:08:40 PM »
Not that eventful for me, but managed to stay consistent for the whole 22 laps and got my best finish to date. I crossed the line in 8th, but seems Rolz had a 10 second penalty putting me in 7th. Got pretty close to him in the last couple of laps, then screwed up a few corners and he was away. I drove pretty conservative for the most part, trying not to get any cut track warnings (had 2) and just stay on the track for the whole race. Had a slight touch with a wall around lap 18 which slowed me down a bit, but didn't seem to be anyone close behind me.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 12:21:48 AM »
Was shaping up to be a nice battle early with the 3 Mclarens up front, Start of the race I got alongside Jeremy into Eau Rogue but as I was inside I decided to back off as noting good was going to happen if we tried to run side by side. At best we would have gone through very slowly and let all the guys behind past at worst it would have taken out half of the field lol.

From there on I had a nice battle with Matthew and Jeremy as they then started to race each other and slow the pace a little, I saw the Ferrari's gaining so tried to at least not be the first mclaren in the line. I did make a move past jeremy but then made a stupid error at Blonchimont while following very close to Matthew and not getting a very good look at the turn in. I ran wide and had DRS open causing me to take a big spin and nail the wall quite hard. I lost a few spots by the time I got going and had quite a bit of damage. Being only lap 3 of 22 with a fuel tanks that just runs 8 laps I had to stay out til lap 6 to avoid a 3 stopper.

I was behind Simone but with my damage I really didnt gain on him much if anything but then I pitted on lap 6 and also fixed the damage. I was hoping to jump Simone but he pitted out still ahead of me on lap 7. It took me quite a few laps to get past him including me giving him a slight nudge at one point when he messed up Les Combes. It was quite a fun battle but I could see the leaders pulling away even more each lap. I finally got by after what must have been 5 laps of trying when his tyres looked like they were spent. Then with 8 to go I made my last pitstop and decided to just go for it hoping the leaders mess up but maybe somehow get onto the podium at least.

I was really not gaining anything on Matthew anyway as he was putting on a good pace up front and I thought I may just get to Stan but caught Phil and also had a real hard time getting past. I did get him but then messed up and let him by again. We had a real good scrap to the line with me just pipping him to the finish but that battle let stan get away .

Was some good racing all round, hopefully I will get my act together a bit more in the ferrari as I really havent had a good race all season. Been some good pace up front but Ive made some mistakes and a few times been hit by others. Been fun and fairly close up front, I just need GB to make an appearance again so our team can get some more points.

Rolz

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 07:26:24 AM »
Fun race! I must admit those longer races I really enjoy. Even if I'm a bit stiff afterwards, I'm right as rain again in the morning.
Need more of these  ;D

Happy with the overall result, some really awesome close racing with Simone, I calculated wrong on the laps and though I could squeeze one more out when he pitted but realised not a hope... so had to drive miss daisy and conserve fuel... put me back, but lessons learned.

Was going to poke Wally if he didn't pick up on the penalty, drove so well until the last lap and then muffed it twice to get the penalty.

My lap-times were just getting better and better as the race went on, smashed my PB by over a second so I'm chuffed.

Thanks all!  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 07:51:26 AM »
It's good to read the race reports after missing the race. I can see from the gap to leader chart that there were a few close battles here and there. A mysterious drop-off by Jeremy (some pit problems?), a good battle between Freezer, Imperious and Bacchulum too, by the look of it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:54:52 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 08:48:12 AM »
This was a great race, indeed!  The P1s were pretty darn fast here, And while Matthew was un-catcheable, I thought I might have a shot at the other two :)   Marty and Jeremy, while both fast, were not alien-fast, thankfully. 

Marty's early bottoming out & subsequent spin gave me one spot, and to be honest I don't know where we got past Jeremy, I was too engrossed in the battle with Stan.  We were extremely closely matched.  I gave away my spot to him after copping  a bad cut-track on T3.  (btw, Wally, the cut-track did not seem to be bothered if I lift while on the cut; it still gave me the warning, hell I even hit the brakes, still no go)

Then I was stuck to his arse all the way to the pits.  Pitting was slow, I had to confirm the tyre choice on the radio with the Team, again :)

So I was still behind, but on the pit exit Stan hit the wall in all his excitement, which seems to have cost him a bit of top speed. 

We still were close, I did a few mistakes, but by the 2nd pit I've managed to pull to the front somehow, and Stan fell back (I still don't know how/why).
Then after the pit I had a pretty hefty lead (mayhap he fixed the car in the pits?). 

In any case, the position was now pretty firmly mine, with Matthew being too far up front to have a shot, and Marty still being too far - behind Stan, in fact - so I just went fast for the sake of fun, no real pressure.   

But up to that 2nd pit, it was hard and close racing!  I loved it!

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 09:01:09 AM »
Top night of racings for me, I too don't mind the longer races, good to mix it up.
I had a good start and ended up with Bird and myself in 4th and 5th with Phil lurking just behind us. We swapped spots a few times till the first pit stop. When we stopped, I was a bees dick in front of Bird as he came out of his pit bay, I was focusing too much on that and gassed it into the wall coming out of the pits... Booo damage!!!
From there on I was nearly on pace but Bird was too fast. I had 3 cuts by the end so I had to tone it down a bit to avoid a penalty and so came home on the podium, very happy with that!!  ;D
Finally, I sacrificed a small goat before the race to appease the Mighty QoS gods and that seems to be working well for me (although the man cave is a little messy...)  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 09:18:50 AM »
Finally, I sacrificed a small goat before the race to appease the Mighty QoS gods and that seems to be working well for me (although the man cave is a little messy...)  ;D

Yet you'll never get as low as my ping! The data center must be pretty damn close to Manly.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 10:00:17 AM »

Yet you'll never get as low as my ping! The data center must be pretty damn close to Manly.
Ha ha Yep!!
Belrose is costing me about 5 pings!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 06:37:27 PM »
  (btw, Wally, the cut-track did not seem to be bothered if I lift while on the cut; it still gave me the warning, hell I even hit the brakes, still no go)

Odd. It's hard to debug these things. You have to slow to 90% of your track exit speed.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 07:14:13 PM »
  (btw, Wally, the cut-track did not seem to be bothered if I lift while on the cut; it still gave me the warning, hell I even hit the brakes, still no go)

Odd. It's hard to debug these things. You have to slow to 90% of your track exit speed.
Hm...well it's a fast section, so it's possible that I haven't done enough. 
You know what would be handy?  a red/green sign to tell you if you're slow enough for re-entry :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 07:25:29 PM »

You know what would be handy?  a red/green sign to tell you if you're slow enough for re-entry :)

I like your thinking!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 12:51:11 AM »

You could also try to stick between the white lines ;), I kind of liked the penalties there even though they were too soft. Really if your getting called your way off track and I checked my replay I was way wide in many spots where I should have got called but only got one on a big cut at eau rogue. The guys getting a penalty must really have been pushing the track limits here so I dont think you can have any real complaints about it.

If your playing very close to even such generous limits then your likely to get a penalty with no margin for error. If you try and stick to what would be considered proper track limits then it really shouldn't be an issue as there was lots of room outside a proper line here.

I was mostly surprised I didnt get called for a warning when I had my big off at high speed and spun across the track, but the exit of Blanchimont you need to be 2 or 3 cars wide of the line to be called outside, I just spun on the astro.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 08:52:57 AM »
Yeah I thought the app was working well, the 10 sec penalty is a good balance.  :D
The only thing I find a bit annoying (which may be more the way I have it setup) is that I don't know how many cuts I have at any time. The way I follow them is via the chat box, but that only holds about 6 lines of chat. So I could have a cut and not notice it (in the heat of battle!!!) then others could have some cuts and my text line would disappear. It was only by luck that I noticed I had 3 cuts on Tuesday and so I could modify my driving to avoid a penalty.  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal