Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R5: Mid America Motorplex Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R5: Mid America Motorplex Post-Race Chat  (Read 12861 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S7R5: Mid America Motorplex Post-Race Chat
« on: June 30, 2015, 06:15:51 PM »
For anyone who discos and wants to boogie.

Race Results
Season Standings

Penalties
Race 1: Gratulin (-4) for running into the back of Joe (+4)

Race 2: Phil.8 (-8) for running into the back of Christopheraser (+8), also hitting Marty (+8)

Christopheraser (-8) for running into the side of Joe (+8). This was a tricky one. The impact was side by side; Joe was slightly in front of Chris; Chris was moving sideways towards the apex while Joe had nowhere to go.

Gratulin (-8) for running into the back of Matthew111 (+8). Following this, Chris swerved justifiably to avoid Matthew after his hit, and clipped JamieP, just to clarify what happened.

Round Points
Matthew111    75
StanDaam    70
Marty    69
Bacchulum    64
Wally    61
Guybrush Threepwood    59
Freezer    51
Simone    47
Jeremy    45
Bafs17    45
Joe    42
christopheraser    38
Gratulin    38
Phil.8    34
JamieP    32
Grubbet    29
Rob    28
Vipergod    7
Imperious    6

Congratulations to Matthew111 for the round win, Guybrush for pole, and Guybrush and StanDaam for the race wins.

Season Podium
1. Matthew111, 351
2. StanDaam, 341
3. Phil.8, 273 (new entry into 3rd place)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:42:50 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S7R5: Mid America Motorplex Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 07:05:21 PM »
Found on GB's facebook from last weekend.

His parents.

GB and un-named "friend"  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 07:07:55 PM »
Another great race thanks Wally.

Race 1 - Marty crashed into Stan which was not surprising considering his malicious attitude.  This left it up to Matthew, Jeremy and I to duke it out.  The person won that completed the race first.

Race 2 - Starting from somewhere near the grid, I noticed Marty going very slowly and then tried to ram me, but I out-maneuvered him and saw him go sailing into the dirt once again.  Unfortunately I had to tend to my elderberry bush, so had to take some time out in the pits, which left me crossing the finish line somewhere near the start line in a position akin to being seated.

That disco gif is freaking hilarious.  As for the other one, well, I would never be so tasteless as to wear King-Fisher blue or Electric Crimson shirts.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:10:54 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 07:23:08 PM »
LOL... Bunch of wise guys.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 09:33:11 PM »
I'm sorry gents, I had a surprise visit committed by some relatives.
I swear it wasn't a planned outage, they have turned up at 7:15.  Apparently my wife knew about it, though. 
Anyway, hope you had fun, and again, sorry about it.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 09:48:33 PM »
Race one was good fun. Got a tap from Gratulin going into the first corner which sent me off the track and down into last place, but managed to gain quite a few positions back and had a good race with Bafs and Freezer close behind.

Race two all going great until the pit stop. I'm fairly sure I clicked the correct tyres, but I had no grip at all coming back onto the track, was sliding around all over the place before coming off and hitting a barrier. Slowly went back to the pits, ensured I put the correct tyres on, but didn't realise the crash left me with suspension damage and the car was still undrivable so that was me out  :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 10:37:28 PM »
1st post updated with results.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 10:57:50 PM »
Race 1 had an ok start from 4th got into 3rd, then made a little mistake early which Stan got past then I got close to him but saw him warp a little. I backed of a bit to avoid GB's prediction of me crashing into Stan, his connection then settled down and so I had a go for the rest of the race but never really had another chance. Was just a high speed train with Matthew ahead of us both in Stan with GB having his own internal battles out front. At first Stan and I started to gain on Matthew then he picked up his pace and we all ended up running very even pace for the rest of the race but none of us really got any opportunities as it was quite a hard track to pass on.

Race 2 I tried to avoid damage but ended up having the biggest shunt into t1 with Phil, a little unfortunate after seeing the replay as Christopher slowed a little earlier then expected and Phil gave him a little tap. This slowed him back into me and I hit him into the wall then he rebounded back into me and I pushed him back towards the wall. From then on My car was a bit more understeery and I just tried to get some places back before the stop. Pitted just before the mid point only 1 lap after Stan who was just ahead of me as I pitted. With my longer stop to repair the front wing I lost a bit of time in the pits. Had a bit of pace early but got stuck in traffic and by the time I caught Wally my tyres were fairly shot. Then I gained a few more places simply by guys having an off ahead, the layout wasnt terrible but really hard to pass anyone here in these cars.

I look forward to Mugello where the Lafa should be able to stretch its legs a bit more and pass some of those pesky P1's.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 11:34:09 PM »
In race 1, I made a bad mistake on about turn 3 on a slippery track, slipping off the right hand side of the track in the long corner and dropping to second last when I re-entered. But I fought back, having a few good side-by-side corners with JamieP until he slid off, and then chasing Jeremy until he slid off. After that, I couldn't catch Phil, and finished 6th.

Race 2 I was off in the lead after starting 2nd, surprised to see Guybrush behind me so quickly. It was a good chase for a few laps, until either he or I warped into each other (I can't tell who from my replay). But that knocked us both back a few spots. A bit of battling, and then I was behind Freezer, in second place, after we both threaded our way through the aftermath of an accident. It was a good chase from there, but Freezer appeared to be starting to warp, so I backed off a little and decided to pit earlier than I had planned to avoid any warp mishaps. I just filled up the tank and changed tyres, and took off again, in a nice Simone, Guybrush, Matthew, Bacchulum train for several laps. Simone spun, Guybrush spun and ran out of fuel, I hung on for 4th in a good result, and my best round, points-wise.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 11:39:36 PM »
Couldn't quite put together a great qualifier so started 13th.
R1 Good jump and grabbed a spot and with people going off I grabbed a few more.  But in a stupid moment I looked down at my keyboard and completely missed the corner.  Cut across the grass and redressed a bunch of spots ( a bit to many from the replay) but got going again.  Got tangled in someone else's accident a few laps later and from there I chased Joe all the way home for a close battle.
R2 Loved the first start as the seas parted and I shot from 13th to 2nd.  But then the restart.
Again a good start.  Planned to run long and just keep it on the black stuff hoping others would fall as there wasn't much room to pass.
Ran all the way to the end of lap 15 with Wally following close behind.  Came back out and he had jumped me and I was chasing Marty for the final 5 laps.  A few more spinners elevated me to 6th which was a pretty good outcome.

Most consistent award 2 weeks in a row!!!  There's a surprise...

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 01:07:06 AM »
Hated this track when I first started driving it, but I was ok with it by the end. I spent the first thirty minutes of practise over driving the car.

Race one started ok, managed to stay out of trouble through the first lap and got a sneaky run up the inside of Phil for fourth going into turn five. Jeremy made an error on the final corner of the first lap and he got a run on me at turn five of lap two, but it wasn't enough and he tagged me mid way around the corner. I'm not sure if it was lag, because at the time he blamed me and I was pretty surprised as I had driven a clean line around the corner, upon looking at the replay it appears he drove straight into my rear bumper, so I don't think he had a serious case to be contesting the corner. This pretty much ruined my first race. I got stuck in traffic way back in 13th and couldn't make any in roads.

Race two started really rough. I got a much better initial jump than Joe and had to hold up slightly, so I felt the pressure of the cars around me. However I was concentrating on Joe and braked at the same point as him. I got hit from behind and struggled through turn one. Got stranded on the outside of Joe at turn two and couldn't wait any longer for an apex. I tried to anticipate Joe, unfortunately I was a little too early and we ended up touching, apologies for that one Joe. Then I got myself and Jamie involved in the back end of someone else's incident and spun off the circuit. Again I found myself way back in 13th and that was really it. Jeremy did do a barrel roll in my mirrors with about three laps to go and I ran out of fuel on the last lap, but kers got me home in 12th.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 07:16:06 AM »
OoohOooh, extra extra points from getting the bump in Race 2 could decide the championship.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 08:59:24 AM »
apologies for that one Joe.

No worries, got a bit of a slow start, then braked early into turn 1 knowing I'd need to go around the outside due to people on the inside. Starts are always a bit crazy and my heart of usually racing a bit haha  ;D

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »
Woot Woot!!!
I gots a winned!!!  :D
Funny posts Marty n GB, excellent stuff!!
Race 1, like Marty said, ended up being a procession (sorry bout my warpage!), came home behind Matthew with GB way out front, Marty just behind. But enough of Race 1!!, the 2nd race is where it's at man!!
Race 2,  excellent race!!!. After the race settled down I was behind Matthew and we were behind a train of about 5 or 6 cars. Matthew pitted early, some sort of 'undercut' heimlich manoeuvre he calls it, so I gots on the blower to my crew chief and said we should have a bit of that action too. After taking 2 laps to work out where the pit entrance was, it worked a treat!! I was surprised to see how well it turned out, sitting in 2nd with Freezer still to pit. Came home with a winned!!  :P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 10:10:18 AM »
I think the undercut worked very well here as passing was quite tricky and so lots of cars were stuck at the back of long trains. If you could pit and come out in clear track you could quite easily gain a second a lap or more plus others on worn rubber vs your fresh tyres will give you more pace to jump those that will pit later. End of race though you may be hurt with more worn tyres. Seeing passing was an issue even on worn rubber you could probably still hold position. Next round at Mugello with the long main straight passing will be quite easy, tyre wear could also be more of an issue there so pit early may be more risky.

My pitstops generally require some body panel replacements which have made them a little slow. Also after my stop I got straight back behind cars I couldnt pass. I came out behind Phil and could have b passed him into t1 as I exited the pits but as we had our bump early I really didnt want to have another collision.

I think I only passed cars that were either facing the wrong way (GB x2 ;D) or that made a significant mistake running wide. I think I only passed one car into t1 in a legit pass in both races. In qualy I tried that move on Gratulin missed my brake point and ran wide ruining both our laps.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal