Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R8: Donington Park GP Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R8: Donington Park GP Pre-Race Chat  (Read 24049 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S7R8: Donington Park GP Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »
If your going wide then jist lif and you should avoid getting called most of the time.

Have found this track is lot less forgiving than others for cut tracks. I often go wide on turn 1 and even though it seems I'm only just off I'm still getting a warning. I guess it's because the area of concrete outside of the kerb is not considered track, whereas in Spa for example the green part outside of the kerb is considered track.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 11:11:54 AM »
If your going wide then jist lif and you should avoid getting called most of the time.

Have found this track is lot less forgiving than others for cut tracks. I often go wide on turn 1 and even though it seems I'm only just off I'm still getting a warning. I guess it's because the area of concrete outside of the kerb is not considered track, whereas in Spa for example the green part outside of the kerb is considered track.

spot on I reckon.
I'll have to try and make it tonight, I love Donington even though it can be a pretty tough one!
I've a cramped neck and a lot of work piled up, topped with a slightly sick 3.5 yo daughter ;)

Offline Benana101

• New to Sim racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 11:47:27 AM »
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has a setup for the La Ferrari. I don't really know how to do setups  :'(
Thanks, send me a PM or something
If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 12:35:42 PM »
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has a setup for the La Ferrari. I don't really know how to do setups  :'(

I can post my setup here later but basically in the lafa I just max front negative camber, make the front toe in a bit. Rear camber is the tricky one as more rear neg camber helps get out of the faster corners while less helps on the slower ones at the end of the lap. Either way hurts one and helps the other type of corner so you need to try and sort out what compromise you want.

Pressures I think I was running about 27 front 26 rear, going too low on front was loosing temp and getting a bit of understeer.

Other then that you will need to work out how much fuel you need and come up with a pitstop strategy. Good idea to jump on the practice server and at least run one longer stint as fuel use and wear is at a higher rate for this race.

Rolz

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 12:42:53 PM »
Sorry for the late notice - I'm out.

Good luck all

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 01:30:05 PM »
I've had something come up and I'm not going to be able to make it tonight. Apologies for the late notice. See you all next week.

Offline Benana101

• New to Sim racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 01:35:03 PM »

I can post my setup here later but basically in the lafa I just max front negative camber, make the front toe in a bit. Rear camber is the tricky one as more rear neg camber helps get out of the faster corners while less helps on the slower ones at the end of the lap. Either way hurts one and helps the other type of corner so you need to try and sort out what compromise you want.

Pressures I think I was running about 27 front 26 rear, going too low on front was loosing temp and getting a bit of understeer.

Other then that you will need to work out how much fuel you need and come up with a pitstop strategy. Good idea to jump on the practice server and at least run one longer stint as fuel use and wear is at a higher rate for this race.

Thanks marty! Could you upload it here just to make it a bit easier? If not I will just do it myself. Much appreciated

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 03:00:51 PM »
Here is my setup, give it a go. I dont use TC but do use ABS, if you find the rear a bit too loose on throttle out of the sweeping corners add some more rear camber as I reduced it a bit to get better exits out of the hairpins but its quite slippy at other parts of the track.

Offline Benana101

• New to Sim racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 03:09:56 PM »
Thanks, Are we able to use ABS in the Race or is it no assists?

Rolz

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 03:13:10 PM »
Here is my setup, give it a go. I dont use TC but do use ABS, if you find the rear a bit too loose on throttle out of the sweeping corners add some more rear camber as I reduced it a bit to get better exits out of the hairpins but its quite slippy at other parts of the track.

Zoink! Will pinch this one... if ever I'm to drive the Ferrari again... Marty ur pretty well my engineer on car setups  ;D
I'm still waiting for the invoice to come in  :P

Offline Benana101

• New to Sim racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 03:18:18 PM »
[qoute]
Zoink! Will pinch this one... if ever I'm to drive the Ferrari again... Marty ur pretty well my engineer on car setups  ;D
I'm still waiting for the invoice to come in  :P
[/quote]

Yeah I would be nothing without marty's setup's  :P

Offline Benana101

• New to Sim racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 03:27:38 PM »
I have been hitting 1:27.561 at my best after about 1 hour of practice, don't know if this is any good or not?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 03:49:24 PM »
I have been hitting 1:27.561 at my best after about 1 hour of practice, don't know if this is any good or not?

You can see the times for the practice server here: http://54.153.159.164:50041/lapstat?track=doningtonpark-gp&cars=ferrari_laferrari,ks_mclaren_p1&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

I managed a fewlow 1:26s but none valid, stupid track...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 03:54:43 PM »
Thanks, Are we able to use ABS in the Race or is it no assists?

You can use whatever factory assists are available on the car, so ABS and TC are available in this case.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 04:00:24 PM »
The Ferrari's have the legs over the P1 on this track.  I managed a one in a million lap and got a 1.24.6, but otherwise most other laps are a lot slower.

Might have to take a few risks to be able to pass in the P1 around here.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal