Xtreme Gaming Network

S7 Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S7 Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat  (Read 15690 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:58:22 PM »
Race Results

Round Points
StanDaam    67
Phil.8    64
Simone    63
Marty    61
Wally    58
Perch    57
Ysu    55
UnFknBLievable    50
Matthew111    44
Bafs17    44
Grubbet    44
Rolz    41
Shameless    41
Imperious    35
Jeremy    29
RJM    25
Rob    14
Vipergod    10
Gratulin    8

Congratulations to Ysu and StanDaam on the race wins, and StanDaam for the overall round win.

Season Podium
1. Matthew111, 73
2. StanDaam, 67
3. Rolz, 66
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:36:09 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S7 Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 10:15:13 PM »
Shame about all the connection issues the Optus guys seemed to have tonight, I dont think anyone with optus completed the second race.

My nite was also a bit of a shambles, in qualy I had some traffic in the early laps but then on the last lap I made a slight error so qualified a far way off my pb in 3rd. In the race was having some good battles with the guys up front, I think Matthew and Jeremy then instead of getting a spot Stan made a good move on me and pushed me back to 4th. Jeremy unfortunatly got disconnected and then I started to pressure Stan trying to make a move as Bird was getting away setting some quick laptimes. Stan made a bit of an error in the last chicane so I got inside on the last turn but I understeered a touch wide on exit and hit stan causing us both to spin. We then needed to wait for most of the field to pass before rejoining and my car was pretty badly damaged so I didnt gain back any spots.

Race 2 starting in 7th I had an ok start and was chasing Jeremy when he had another disco, then caught up to Perch who's tyres seemed to be going away quite badly. He spun infront of me and I tried to slow down as much as possible but just tagged him in the back at pretty low speed. This made my front aero red and very understeery so I pitted in changed tyres, fuel and fixed damage. I came in just ahead of Matthew but the damage repair took a few more seconds so we pitted out just about side by side. I just hang on to the position on the pit ext into 1 and then went as hard as I could to try and catch stan who had a fair gap. In the end I got just inside a second by the last lap but surprised to have got that close so in the end not too bad a result that race.

I hope the optus issues get sorted for the guys next week as I think only 12 or 13 finished the second race and quite a few were having issues from practice through each session with ping and drop outs.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:34:22 PM »
Bloody optus lol!! I haven't seen something like that before so hopefully that was a one off it was really frustrating!

Race1: I was only able to do 1 lap in qualy with all the issues and on my screen it was a 55.6 which was pole but the game put me 2nd, the timing was screwed the whole time in prac some laps counted some didn't, sometimes it would count the lap after 2 mins. It didn't matter so much as I dropped out halfway through lap 1 lol

Race2: Being a lag fest and a reverse grid I just tried to stay out of people way so I let marty and bird through as they had pace and I didn't want to warp up there races. I was 10th in my own little bit of space when there was a incident at the schuey S and I just clipped a spinning bird damaging my front which really turns the car to shit lol, I stayed behind wally trying not to get to close that it would lag up and then he pitted and I stayed out to try and jump him as it would be my only safe chance. Came into pits decided not to bother repairing car and nearly jumped marty but I pulled out as there was no point battling him with the lag, came out in front of wally and just ran my own little race and came home for a surprising 3rd so it wasn't all bad :)

edit: just looked at results and bird did a 55.6 too on my screen it was a 55.7 haha, it was all over the shop!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:38:59 PM by Matthew111 »
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 10:38:45 PM »
Well, fark that Optus problem, really.  It's such a shame.  Anyway.

I had a lonely but fruitful first race.  Not much to say.

The second...it was shaping up to be something pretty good, following Mary through 2 overtakes, close on his ass ( he's a bit slow nowadays, getting old probably :D )  Then came that accident.  First it seemed I'm clear.   Then suddenly someone from the right came into me - that was a surprise, I thought that car was moving away from the track :/   Then I spun pretty much a full 360, so I thought how nice I can continue w/o much delay, then WHAM another hit.   The car was in a bad shape and I'm dead last. :(

Add to that;
I hit repair in the pits, I thought if I pit as early as I can (lap 6) and fix the car, I can at least lap quickly I'll be ok.  But I did not change tyres - I thought I did. 

Bugger it all.  88% on the tyres at the end, it was really fun to drive, but rather slow :D

This Ferrari almost drives itself, it's really nice.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 10:42:10 PM »
This Ferrari almost drives itself, it's really nice.

That explains it as I didnt think you were that quick but the car drives it self pretty bloody quickly.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 11:02:23 PM »
Fairly uneventful races for me. No real dramas, stayed out of harm's way. I seemed to spend a lot of time around Perch, Rolz, Phil.8 and Simone. Being sandwiched between Perch and Rolz (hard on my bumper) in race 1 saw me take out the "busiest" and "hunted" categories.

I thought this time I'd pit early (on lap 7) to try to come out in clearer track, but it was still pretty busy when I re-entered the track.

All through the race I noticed that people were really outbraking me into the NGK chicane at the top of the hill.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 11:41:58 PM »
Well I was going to put in on pole and win both races . . . but then there was the Optus issue!!

I did mange to just get on the grid for race 1 but when the flag dropped I just sat there revving, so I bailed out.  Race two I tried to join again but with a 180ish ping I new it wasn't gong to work so didn't bother starting that one.
It was a weird one, so hope it doesn't happen again.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 07:10:10 AM »
After last nights fiasco I thought I would check the connection this morning to see if it was fixed. Well, it is more than fixed I think! Seems that there may have been some upgrade work going on last night because the ping I am getting is now ~14ms versus ~18ms previously. Doesn't sound a lot I know but it is a significant improvement at these already low numbers. I have never had that low a ping before.

Hope this results in overall improvement for all racers???

PS Maybe I'll finish a race night soon :(

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 09:13:02 AM »
Well what a difference a week makes!!

Last week, I warped on the start, caused kaos on the grid and took out half the field in the first big race of the season... Yeah I felt pretty awesome after that...  :(

So this week, I still don't know if it was iinet having a bad night last week or my new found love of the QOS!!! (Quality of service for the win!!) but I was as stable as a horse's house!! (who writes em for ya Stan!!). Tuesday arvo, I decided to bite the bullet and finally researched and setup the QOS on my router. I still have to keep testing of course, but for now I'm claiming a huge win for the power of the QOS!! My connection felt solid as a rock last night... as opposed to a lot of the other chaps (Optus!!). I can sympathize with you guys, a poor connection is the worst feeling...

The racing kind of took a back seat to the connection issues last night but it was still excellent for those of us lucky enough to be on the server!!
Had some great battles through the night with Marty, Perch, Baf, Phil n Jeremy. Bird had some excellent pace in the Ferrari (his true love!!).
Hopefully back to some solid pipes for next week's racings!!  :D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 09:42:15 AM »
After last nights fiasco I thought I would check the connection this morning to see if it was fixed. Well, it is more than fixed I think! Seems that there may have been some upgrade work going on last night because the ping I am getting is now ~14ms versus ~18ms previously. Doesn't sound a lot I know but it is a significant improvement at these already low numbers. I have never had that low a ping before.

Hope this results in overall improvement for all racers???

PS Maybe I'll finish a race night soon :(
Just jumped into the lobby and server is now showing 20+ ping rather than last nights 190 so seems to have resolved the problem.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 10:39:21 AM »
Maybe Optus followed Stan's advice and installed QoS :D

PS. Notice the lower case "o" Stan?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:41:13 AM by Gratulin »

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 11:13:44 AM »
Maybe Optus followed Stan's advice and installed QoS :D

Just coincidence? Or something more sinister. Maybe my new found QOS powers are too strong and they took out the Optus servers!!  ;D

Rolz

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 11:17:23 AM »
Race 1 - Good fun on my side, just couldn't get past Wally... close racing, almost collected him a few times but was lucky to avert.

Race 2 - Turned into the dreaded "Lag Hag 1000" and bailed after realising I was the issue... Sorry for not noticing and hearing in TS until about 4 laps in.

Lets hope it's better for all a better race/connection etc. next week.

;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 01:01:02 PM »
He didn't. 

Or:
why do you call him "o" Stan?  :D

Offline Gratulin