Xtreme Gaming Network

Racer Introductions

Author Topic: Racer Introductions  (Read 317868 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Racer Introductions
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2014, 11:05:33 PM »
Hi guys and welcome to XGN. I got your details and PM'd you the passwords. See you on track! Come along to the Thursday fun runs if you can't get in on Tuesday nights.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »
Welcome to XGN guys, enjoy!

G0RGAK

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2014, 11:14:52 PM »
Hey,

I'm Dave, 29, I live just out of Melbourne, long time gamer since the ol' 286 days. I work in the transport industry. Massive fan of cars (I own a s14a touge beast) and dirt bikes (KDX 200). Up until AC I have only really played racing games on consoles, gran turismo, forza, etc. Really looking forward to some awesome races, and just putting it out there, some enduro's  :D

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2014, 07:31:38 AM »
Hey mate welcome to xgn, post some pics of your s14 if you get a chance. Always liked a good s14.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2014, 08:12:46 AM »
Enduros are definitely on the cards once we get some pitstops.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2014, 01:53:34 PM »
With driver changes we could add events such as Bathurst 1000 and 24h Le Mans. ;) ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2014, 09:33:28 AM »
With driver changes we could add events such as Bathurst 1000 and 24h Le Mans. ;) ;D
Your a masochist or just tough :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2014, 10:55:55 PM »
Yeah, pit stops would take on a whole new meaning!

Offline lratafia

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2014, 10:11:29 AM »
hi there, I'm Leonardo Ratafiá, from Uruguay, southamerica, i've been racing online since netkar pro.
see you guys on track hopefully

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »
hi there, I'm Leonardo Ratafiá, from Uruguay, southamerica, i've been racing online since netkar pro.
see you guys on track hopefully
Hi Leonardo. I've certainly seen your name about the place. I don't know how kind the pings may be from Uruguay. I've set up the Tuesday practice server WWW xgn.com.au TUESDAY PRACTICE without a password. Grab the Castle Hill track from here and jump on the server and let us know your ping.

Offline Jacob

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2014, 01:23:28 AM »
Hey I'm Jacob. My online alias has always been Fox. I'm 20, from Tasmania and have been sim racing properly for about 2 months now as that is how long I have owned a wheel. I built my own racing cockpit from a wardrobe I destroyed, it's quite uncomfortable, an eyesore and doesn't like to move but it gets the job done.

Games and semi-nerdy computer stuff have been a hobby of mine for about 6 years, mostly fps and "e-sport" like games as I really enjoy the competitive side of it. My other hobby is cars. Anything cars, I like. Except new ones. I own a Datsun that is more than twice as old as me and gets twice as many looks from the girls than I do.  ;)

In my short time as a sim racer I've tried out a few games. iRacing was the first on my list to try. But after getting to D license and only being able to race one car unless I paid them more of my non existent money I decided it wasn't for me. Tried rFactor and RBR as well as some of the more arcade style racers, they are all getting a bit dated however. Then I saw AC for sale and jumped on the chance to save $20. Haven't looked back to any other game since. Something about street cars really gets me. Plus I think it has the potential to be the best of them all.

Anyway that's me. Heard about XGN league from Marty and decided to join up. I'm currently out of action until I hear if they will replace my wheel of if I'm going to have to do some work on it my self. Less than two months and the thing's already crapped itself  >:(
Hope to see you on race day some time soon.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2014, 07:22:06 AM »
Hi Jacob and welcome to XGN :) Hopefully you'll be able to race with us soon. There will be some kind of weekly race for you for sure. We have the main Tuesday league with a race for reserves at the same time, or there's also a Cobra series on Thursday nights.

What kind of wheel do you have? Every wheel I've ever had has lasted me years. What went wrong with it?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2014, 10:24:18 AM »
Howdy Jacob,
nice intro, most here are car nuts along with sim tragics :)
Strange about the wheel, it may be less broken than you think, post some info and someone here may have the answer...

And as Wally said, Thursday nights Cobra Cup, this Thursday if the server behaves itself we will be running the corvette 6r on 2 tracks for short fun runs between Season one and two, come along if you get your setup fixed.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline mcmeek

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2014, 11:11:34 PM »
Hey there,
accidentally stumbled across Bruce online and heard what's happening here at AC. One of our old racing friends Fabbi showed me a demo version of AC a while ago, really liked it but didn't follow up so here I am now and I'll give it a go!
Been racing on gamers crib,xgn and nogrip years and years ago which i fondly remember...happy times! But as always...life gets in the way of everything and I stopped racing all together until P&G 3 came out. Couldn't get it working online so i just used it every now and again to thrash around the Nordschleife. Not sure how I'm going to find the time to race and i never used steam and generally hate dealing with pc's (because they are only as stoopid as their user,right?!) See how we go...got a visitor from Germany atm so I need 2-3 weeks to get things sorted.
I'm 43,not sure how many times i've been married,lost count.Interested in all things cars and motorsport,especially historic.I used to collect model cars (mainly 1:18) and currently in the process of selling most of them (hint hint)
Cheers Marty

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2014, 07:48:13 AM »
Hi Marty. Welcome to XGN. I'm sure you'll find some racing to suit you here on either Tuesday or Thursday nights. Keep your eye out for various fun races or season sign up threads.

Bacchulum is our resident Steam expert. If you have any problems, ask him, because he's had them all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal