Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R5: Red Bull Ring Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R5: Red Bull Ring Race Chat  (Read 39531 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S15R5: Red Bull Ring Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »
For this Thursday I am thinking of who is fastest will have to start from pits with time penalty before they leave,  not sure if will work but am going to try it :) 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 11:44:11 AM »
Or just take the time that would be used as a pit handicap and deduct it from the qually time? Or is thos just making more dev work for you wally ;)

Or maybe simplify it by banning pitconfig and having a counter appear onscreen. Driver is not allowed to select pit options until counter shows 0?

Then you're relying on people to honour both of those things. I'm sure the majority would, but there'd be no way to enforce it as far as I know.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 11:52:35 AM »
I am not sure why nobody is commenting on my very simple proposal. There must be something I am not thinking about and you guys know, but can't figure it out yet...

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 12:00:00 PM »
I am not sure why nobody is commenting on my very simple proposal. There must be something I am not thinking about and you guys know, but can't figure it out yet...
The only issue I see with your suggestion is Wally would have to restart the server after qually and set the grid manually. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 12:26:41 PM »
The only issue I see with your suggestion is Wally would have to restart the server after qually and set the grid manually. :-\
Yeah, too fiddly. And you make up the difference on lap 1 anyway, half the time, even if you do start a few spots back. Ballast is easy and enforced by the server, without so much fiddling around.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 01:21:50 PM »
Yeah, too fiddly. And you make up the difference on lap 1 anyway, half the time, even if you do start a few spots back. Ballast is easy and enforced by the server, without so much fiddling around.
I am not sure: if you can make up 4 positions in lap 1, then you can surely make up 6 or 10 seconds the whole race. And anyway it is just a matter of calibrating it: if you think it is not punitive enough, just add more positions. The fastest guy, added 10 seconds, arrives 3rd at most. Starting 8th, arrives 3rd as well, more or less.

Anyway: I do not want to create problems. I just feel strongly that it has been a joy to race without ballasts all the past few seasons. I also think ballast increases the chances of accidents, but that might be another story.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 01:25:39 PM »
I don`t understand why Wally(who is a decent guy and very intelligent) is fixated on not only penalised the fast drivers,but also on loading a car with 3 or 4 bags of fertilizer....i mean....really????Actually the waiting in the pit "punishment" was great,really good but you guys r saying is not working properly....bugger.

Then again these days i got better things to be worried about,and thats a fact

nothing personal Wally as usual.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:38:36 PM by Simone »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 01:42:07 PM »
I am not sure: if you can make up 4 positions in lap 1, then you can surely make up 6 or 10 seconds the whole race. And anyway it is just a matter of calibrating it: if you think it is not punitive enough, just add more positions. The fastest guy, added 10 seconds, arrives 3rd at most. Starting 8th, arrives 3rd as well, more or less.

Anyway: I do not want to create problems. I just feel strongly that it has been a joy to race without ballasts all the past few seasons. I also think ballast increases the chances of accidents, but that might be another story.

I can't see how you'd make up all those positions that quickly which is why I spend a lot of time on the practice server to try and start in front of certain people. Maybe an easier way would be ballast for qually then take it off for the race. I just like to think I'm driving a car the way Kunos intended it to feel for it to be realistic. Ballast sometimes totally changes the way a car feels and handles which is essentially taking that realism away for me.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »
It's all part of mixing it up. Sometimes there's ballast, sometimes there's not. The real life series has the handicapping for the winners.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 01:43:01 PM »
No problem with a handicap, just a problem with changing the way a car feels.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 02:01:21 PM »
loading a car with 3 or 4 bags of fertilizer

I always thought its the girls that go for the fast guys weighing the cars down  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 04:47:13 PM »

I always thought its the girls that go for the fast guys weighing the cars down  ;D

Slower guys get the bigger handicaps though with the bigger girls.  ;D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 06:53:45 PM »

I love that Marty, from who knows where doing who knows what, made this, and only this post the whole week. :)

Hope you're having fun in the cold. :)

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 06:58:24 PM »

LOL
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 01:02:51 AM »

I love that Marty, from who knows where doing who knows what, made this, and only this post the whole week. :)

Hope you're having fun in the cold. :)

I did make a couple others somewhere just nobody noticed them as they didnt stand out as much.  ;D

Cold it is, today will be snowboarding Lake Louise with a max temp of -17c and a min of -27c but was ok yesterday only a couple degrees warmer but shpuld be a bit of fun there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal