Xtreme Gaming Network

S27R3: Modena (Fast) Race Chat

Author Topic: S27R3: Modena (Fast) Race Chat  (Read 35258 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S27R3: Modena (Fast) Race Chat
« on: March 12, 2019, 11:31:29 PM »
Congratulations to Freezer on his first pole of the season, and to Joe for all 3 race wins and the overall round win, which sees him take the lead in the championship standings.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Joe   77
Freezer   68
Mael   56
AbleArcher83   51
ab156   46
Dave O   46
buellersdayoff   46
killagorilla   45
Wally   42
bradc   39
Phil.8   37
JamieP   36
Bird   34
RussG   33
Rob   24
Bacchulum   17

Lap 1 Penalties
This round kept the race stewards busy!

Race 1
Turn 1 – Joe drifted a little wide and tagged the front right corner of Bird, sending him slightly to the left. Bird was slowly turning the corner, when ab156 re-entered the track from running a bit wide on the left to the side of Bird, and Bird just tagged the right rear corner of ab156, turning him around and causing a chain reaction. It was a fairly slow sequence of events and I can’t really put definitive blame on anyone, so I’m calling that a racing incident.

Race 2
The front row had 2 Abarths on it, and the second row had two Nissans on it. The Nissans both took off faster than the Abarths, and both decided to pass on the middle, colliding with each other. Killagorilla was a little further back then Bueller, and should have seen him occupying the gap first and backed off - $300 penalty.

RussG drove into the back of Killagorilla in T1 and spun him - $300 penalty.

Rob missed the apex and drove into the side of Killagorilla spinning him - $300 penalty.

Race 3
Ab156 ran into the rear left of Bird mid-corner and spun him - $300 penalty.

Phil hit the rear right of Bird in the final turn, spinning him - $300 penalty.

Season Standings
1. Joe, 143
2. Wally, 140
3. Phil.8, 137

The next round is at Modena (fast layout), a tighter, twistier track.Track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/autodromo-di-modena.5346 (note there has been a version 3.2 released; a lot of us probably still have version 3.1).

19 lap races.

The weather will be 11, 15 and 16 degrees.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 11:31:55 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S27R3: Modena (Fast) Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 11:32:59 PM »
ok I'll start the conjecture on how any passing would occur on this go-cart track. Dive-bomb into T1?  :P

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 11:53:34 PM »
ok I'll start the conjecture on how any passing would occur on this go-cart track. Dive-bomb into T1?  :P
I'll kick it off with one word . . . Abarth!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 07:43:50 AM »
We raced here before in the Japanese cars, and if I remember correctly, the final turn was a happy hunting ground.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 08:46:57 AM »
I'll kick it off with one word . . . Abarth!
That's going to be the car to beat around here. The Nissan is 1.5 secs behind the Abarth here.

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 04:48:58 PM »
NO paddles :D
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 05:11:42 PM »
NO paddles :D
105 laps? ? ? ?  :o :o :o :o
You must be dizzy now.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 12:41:36 PM »
Don't forget to rent a car before tomorrow night. There are still a lot of Nissans in the entrant list, and I can't believe that nearly everyone wants to drive one :)

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 09:55:50 PM »
..... There are still a lot of Nissans in the entrant list, and I can't believe that nearly everyone wants to drive one :)

After trying my other two options (Mustang & BMW) I’ve got to stick with what I know even though I’m many seconds slower than a Fiat....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 10:19:50 PM »
..... There are still a lot of Nissans in the entrant list, and I can't believe that nearly everyone wants to drive one :)

After trying my other two options (Mustang & BMW) I’ve got to stick with what I know even though I’m many seconds slower than a Fiat....
The Beemer's doing OK(ish) here, in Mael's hands. But yes, I tried the BMW too and it feels very different to the Nissan. Much more sensitive steering, I find.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 10:47:59 PM »
Well I guess my round 1 mishaps helped as I can just afford the Fiat.. mwhahahahaha

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 11:04:26 PM »
Well I guess my round 1 mishaps helped as I can just afford the Fiat.. mwhahahahaha
Make hay while the sun shines!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 12:26:32 PM »
Welcome to the BMW brotherhood Phil  ;D I expect nothing less than a win from you!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 01:56:29 PM »
Welcome to the BMW brotherhood Phil  ;D I expect nothing less than a win from you!

Last night he said he'd just stick with the Mustang as it would make no difference to his end result  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 03:36:48 PM »

Last night he said he'd just stick with the Mustang as it would make no difference to his end result  ;D
I'll laugh if there's one Mustang up the front with a whole line of cars queued up behind it, unable to pass.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal