Xtreme Gaming Network

S35R4 - The "Twist"

Author Topic: S35R4 - The "Twist"  (Read 17041 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S35R4 - The "Twist"
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2020, 06:05:26 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2020, 10:08:41 PM »
Sorry AB. Tried to avoid Freezer in front of me and ended up with nowhere to go. Made it worse by trying to redress and ending up parked in front of you  :-[
Hopefully Wally have a replay to review it and load then Maki team up for next week.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2020, 10:14:13 PM »
Bloody Ford engines....was going good....until....it wasn't

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2020, 10:28:09 PM »
Sorry AB. Tried to avoid Freezer in front of me and ended up with nowhere to go. Made it worse by trying to redress and ending up parked in front of you  :-[
Hopefully Wally have a replay to review it and load then Maki team up for next week.

All good mate, you didn't do anything wrong, there is no way you should get a penalty for that! Sometimes your the windscreen, sometimes your the bug....  I had decided the tyres were iffy so was on a 2 stop strategy so being a victim in T1 and T3 was not conducive to a decent result.

I am deciding on my car for next week though, narrowed it 2, both should carry the 50kg penalty the following week just fine  8)

OR

Lightness over power, always a hard choice.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2020, 10:45:31 PM »
Results are up in the first post. Congratulations to buellersdayoff and bradc for the race wins. Joe has taken the lead in the Supercars standings.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2020, 10:53:24 PM »
I had a great race with Brad in the Supercars. I had a slender lead, but there was a hell of a lightning show outside my window which was somewhat distracting, and at one stage I thought the second last corner was the last corner and took it way too fast, sliding out onto the grass and losing the spot to Brad. I never regained that position, despite some spirited attempts. I was hoping Brad might make a mistake after taking the lead courtesy of Bueller's blown engine, but it was not be, and he held the lead nicely in a good race.

The highlight was spinning in my pit stop after entering pit lane too fast  ::)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2020, 11:38:12 PM »
Firstly apologies to those that I impacted tonight!
Race one I sailed into turn one and quickly new I wasn't stopping so turned to the grass to try to avoid everyone (and almost did) but clipped a few along the way.
Race two I braked earlier into turn one but I was still inching up on Joe trying to hold it but tagged him at the apex.  :-[ :-[   
I rarely hit anyone, so doing it twice in two races was a shocker!!
My supercars race continued on but for some reason at the stop I didn't get tyres or fuel, so after two laps I pitted again grabbing the necessities.  Despite the extra stop I somehow
came home in 6th which was surprising!
Haven't been super fast in either of these cars so the extra weight should do wonders!!   ::) ::)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2020, 08:59:54 AM »
The highlight was spinning in my pit stop after entering pit lane too fast  ::)

I did warn about this before the race as I did it on the practice server  ;D

I had a great night of racing, but not quite what I hoped for in the end. In the Ute's after Freezer sailed past I was trying to get my bearings again and gave Wally a little tap from behind. I hung back to make sure he was ahead of me but that put me from 3rd to 8th. Had some really good close racing until the end stealing 3rd from Brad who made a mistake on the last lap.

Supercar race I got a great start and was up the inside of Bueller coming into T1 but got Freezered (Which is weird to say, it's usually Mael) I think that put me down around 10th, but that made for a fun race coming back through the pack. After my pit stop I came out right behind Mael, who was nice enough to stay out for another 3 laps and hold me up on his worn tires as I watched the gap to Wally and Brad getting bigger and bigger. Finally got fed up of his bullshit and just divebombed him into that tight hairpin left knowing my tires would hold  ;D After that the chase was on to close the gap to Wally and Brad; I was pretty close then noticed I didn't have enough fuel to finish the race  ::) I backed off and started early shifting and coasting hoping I could finish, but it was clear I wasn't going to and I had to pit again on the last lap to the sounds of Mael laughing his way down the pit straight...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2020, 10:02:31 AM »

I had a great night of racing, but not quite what I hoped for in the end. In the Ute's after Freezer sailed past I was trying to get my bearings again and gave Wally a little tap from behind. I hung back to make sure he was ahead of me but that put me from 3rd to 8th.
I know... I also spun in the practice on the night. You'd think I would have learned...
With that tap, I was partly to blame there. I was hung out wide at T2, and on the cold ute tyres I slowed so that I'd make the corner on the outside of other cars, but my early braking probably caught you out.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2020, 04:08:29 PM »
Very good guys!!!!  My wife after the race  goes: "For sure its been ten years  with this bloody Tuesday noight!!!!???  LOLOL   longer!!!!!

I am having a ball this season,fun with the ute brute,electrical with the v8.  I`ll tell ya!!!!  This supercar and the SS tyres is ...ahahahahahhaa   FUN!!!!

After fighting hard all night and with the 6th position  in front of me i get disco.

I need a cocktail Martini....maybe 2

PS:::     Best start online at XGN!!!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2020, 04:45:54 PM »

I had a great night of racing, but not quite what I hoped for in the end. In the Ute's after Freezer sailed past I was trying to get my bearings again and gave Wally a little tap from behind. I hung back to make sure he was ahead of me but that put me from 3rd to 8th.
I know... I also spun in the practice on the night. You'd think I would have learned...
With that tap, I was partly to blame there. I was hung out wide at T2, and on the cold ute tyres I slowed so that I'd make the corner on the outside of other cars, but my early braking probably caught you out.
Well I tested it earlier and was able to barrel in there at full tilt :) :) :)

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2020, 07:00:30 PM »
Quali was terrible for me as I spent most of my night practicing the Supercars and making sure I didn’t repeat my previous weeks efforts of running out of fuel on the last lap....meaning in the final couple of minutes of practice I had to learn the different track for the ute  race. I ended up 10th and was hoping that I could get a couple on the start and then see where I fare. I got a great start and jumped Simone and then saw most of the 9 cars in front of me getting bowled off the track, meaning I was 3rd by turn 2 :o! I was 2-3 seconds/lap slower than Killer and Bueller so I was happy to hold 3rd and just try and see if I could get far enough in front of Wally and Joe because I knew they’d catch me towards the end of the race. Eventually I stuffed up my braking point for the tight hairpin in the last lap and Joe snuck past. I then drove a very wide Ute for the rest of the lap to hold off Wally for 4th.

The Supercars start was interesting with Killa not racing I had a clear view to turn 1 starting from P4. With Bueller wheel spinning as he took off I was able to get in front...but not for long. Bueller made a great move around the outside and drove off into the distance. Once again on the cold tyres I was able to get a gap on Wally in 3rd but I had nothing to combat Bueller’s outright speed. As the temps came up Wally came back and made a good move under brakes into turn 1 to take 2nd from me. From then on it was a matter of pushing as hard as I could to keep up and trying not to make ANY mistakes. When Wally pitted I had a lap left on my stint and whilst my times were not great, they were not a lot slower than my ultimate pace either. I don’t think I could actually match Wally’s pace, but I also don’t think the difference between my fastest and slowest lap was a big as his either. I pitted the following lap and the overlap worked, allowing my to exit the pits about 2 seconds in front of Wally. Sadly I didn’t allow for the cold tyres at turn 1 and ran a little wide losing all that time and allowing Wally past. We then battled hard until I was able to capitalise on a mistake and get past for 2nd. When Bueller blew his engine I didn’t realise it until a lap later and once gifted the lead I made sure I didn’t make any mistakes and with about 2 laps to go I was able to start to ease ahead of Wally as it looked like his tyres had gone off and I held on for a very rare win.

I must admit it was rather rare win for me (3rd win in 135races) so I did enjoy destroying the rears doing celebratory donuts ;D

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2020, 07:18:56 PM »
Well done Bradc!!!!!!!!

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2020, 09:21:41 PM »
This series is pretty cool with the different cars and even the different tracks in one night, makes it a bit tough to practice and also transition between on the night but a lot of fun. The utes are kinda what I'd imagine them to be like IRL, grunty V8 sounds not much grip and throw them around a bit, although to get the most out of them you gotta make the most of what little grip there is.
The Fanatec F1 wheel and the Fanalab software allow me to have flashy lights when there is wheel spin and tyre lock, much like the modern GT3's. So after a few laps I can find the sweet spot for pedal pressure for both brake and accellerator and during a race I'll be reminded when I'm pushing too hard.
Q. wasn't sure I'd crack a good lap with some traffic and a little bingle with a spinning car but managed to pull a hot one toward the end of the session.
R1. Pretty good start, got some weight reduction when Freezer swiped off my front bar, just had stay focused, a few mistakes saw Killa getting bigger in the rear view a few times but lucky enough to run home the win.
R2. Crappy start, heaps of flashy lights on the steering wheel but all I could do was push the gas pedal harder in hopes of going faster lol. Swamped into turn 1, my spotter telling me "you're three wide", car radar flashing I pulled out of t1 with only one oponent beside me (thanks Freezer,lol). Kept clean and on track for most of the race until I had a brain fart into T5, went down to 3rd instead up to fifth. FARK. All I could hope for then was a heap of engine oil on the track for you guys from the big hole in the side of the engine block.
Good fun thanks guys.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2020, 10:07:19 PM »
Hmm...2nd again, which is actually pretty good considering my driving skills, or, better, lack thereof...but...I mean, I f it up here and there, whereas Bueller just refuses doing that  ;)
I was on a 1:31.7 when getting close to Freezer in qualy. Thanks mate for letting me pass  :)...yeah, but I lost some time there. However, it turned out to be still my fastest lap.
Bueller is always starting better than me, so it wouldn't have made a difference anyway I guess.
First turn was a bit messy, but I somehow made it through staying in second position.
In the last two races I was able to slowly getting closer to Bueller...until I screwed it up, but this time it was different...sort of raced 2sec behind him...no major mistakes this time though.
Cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal