Xtreme Gaming Network

Best Processor for Gaming? Intel i7 6700k vs Intel i7 5820k vs Intel i5 6600k

Author Topic: Best Processor for Gaming? Intel i7 6700k vs Intel i7 5820k vs Intel i5 6600k  (Read 7492 times)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile

( Don't use youtube tags, they'll only work with flash - which, let's be honest, should be removed from all computers by now :) )
(bird)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:12:13 PM by Bird »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
I wonder if the increase in transistors (?) that have been discussed in the new gen of graphics cards will also flow on to CPU's?

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
I wonder if the increase in transistors (?) that have been discussed in the new gen of graphics cards will also flow on to CPU's?

I think currently that's the only path remaining, they can't shrink any further and they can't increase the clock much either...

Offline grat

• View Profile

I think currently that's the only path remaining, they can't shrink any further and they can't increase the clock much either...
A couple of years ago, the Physics guys at UNSW made a single atom current switch prototype. That is a big "shrinking". The problem is that they could control it only below 1 degree Kelvin or something like that... not exactly the typical living room temperature.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
I think the next significant step will be quantum computers ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
But don't they need the super conductive conditions (single digit K) to operate?
Carbon nanotubes can control single electrons. ;)

"You don't stop racing when you get old, you get old when you stop racing"

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
But don't they need the super conductive conditions (single digit K) to operate?
That's not a problem. They could just operate servers in the data centers and we could rent processing power. Then just connect in via our nationwide gigabit NBN fiber.....errrr....

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
That's not a problem. They could just operate servers in the data centers and we could rent processing power. Then just connect in via our nationwide gigabit NBN fiber.....errrr....
Well I'm alright...

Now.

"You don't stop racing when you get old, you get old when you stop racing"

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
I went with the 6700k and a hybrid cooler, cheers for sharing the vid, all helped in my final argument.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal