Xtreme Gaming Network

SEASON 15: WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO

Author Topic: SEASON 15: WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO  (Read 12505 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
SEASON 15: WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
« on: January 04, 2017, 08:34:47 PM »
To automatically enforce the pit stop delay handicap, you have to use the PitConfig app.

1. If you don't already have PitConfig, download the app HERE and install it. If you already have PitConfig, you can skip this step.

2. Download the attached zip file (a modified PitConfig app), and unzip it into your steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\PitConfig folder, replacing existing files. It will work just like the normal app on any other server.

What does this app do?
PitConfig automates the pit stop with preset options that you can configure before the pit stop. For example, you can specify a tyre compound to change, a set amount of fuel to add (we won't be refuelling in this season, so don't add any fuel), or car repair options. You can have up to 4 pitstop presets - we will only need 1. When you stop in your pit box, the app automatically does all the mouse clicking on AC's pit box options to make the changes you have preset.

How does the delay work?
The modified app adds an automatic delay countdown timer on screen that starts when you stop in your pit box. When the timer reaches 0, your pit stop will start automatically. The delay is automatically set by the server - you don't have to do anything.

Note - you can drive out of your pit box while the countdown is happening, so sit on your brake until the pit stop starts.

If you want to check that everything is working OK, you can join the "XGN Pit Server" server, where everyone in the entry list has a 10 second pit stop delay added just for testing. The pit stop delay only comes up in a race session, so skip to the race session if you need to.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline RussG

• View Profile
Re: SEASON 15: WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 10:57:02 PM »
I pitted 3 times and had a 10 second hold all 3 times ... Is this correct?
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 11:12:28 PM »
I pitted 3 times and had a 10 second hold all 3 times ... Is this correct?
Yes, for now everyone is just set to have a 10 second hold on that server, just for testing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 10:19:26 AM »
Hello Wally i have downloaded the pit config and i tried to pit into the pit server,but once i got the tyres changed i get no 10 sec hold ??? Do you think i am a noob? :'(

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 10:48:10 AM »
Hello Wally i have downloaded the pit config and i tried to pit into the pit server,but once i got the tyres changed i get no 10 sec hold ??? Do you think i am a noob? :'(

You have enabled the app? The hold is before the auto  pitstop which the app provides. You should just stop in your box, then the countdown starts, then the auto stop happens.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 12:09:21 PM »

Did you do the two steps - download and install the app, and then download and unzip the zip file in the first post over the top?

Does the PitConfig work at all -  does it do the automatic pit settings for you?

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 02:37:13 PM »
All good now  matey 8). You know how much of a noob i am with unzip here unzip there,,,,but ye......i will kick your arse regardless on the track :P :P :P :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 02:49:56 PM »
LOL, good onya Simone. Get used to what the back of my car looks like.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 09:35:09 AM »
Only 17 downloads... some people haven't downloaded this mandatory app yet.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 12:00:28 AM »
Just to let people know... I already had the app Pit Config installed so just overwrote with the new files
but the app didn't show in game. Checked all the files and seemed ok, but no go. I was running v 1.4 so
updated the app to v 1.75 from the link Wally posted and overwrote the files again, and is working now.
I can't see a 10 sec timer on screen, but it does hold for 10 sec before commencing pit stop. However it
seems if you pull into the pitbox and use the on screen display ie check a tyre then click the tick the crew
changes the tyres immediately.. kinda defeats the purpose.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 12:32:30 AM »
I can't see a 10 sec timer on screen, but it does hold for 10 sec before commencing pit stop. However it
seems if you pull into the pitbox and use the on screen display ie check a tyre then click the tick the crew
changes the tyres immediately.. kinda defeats the purpose.

The timer could be a bit more obvious, maybe white numbers instead of red with a big edge around it? In any case most systems would rely on honesty and cooperation from drivers and since its likely only the top drivers who would be affected the app should be able to serve its intended purpose in my opinion.

I had to try it a couple of times before everything went smoothly, work in progress I assume  ;D

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 02:01:53 PM »
Hi Wally

Is there a way to prevent the pitstop app from being locked during the race? I was unable to change the app from medium tires to hard or to adjust any of the damage repair options in the race. if not then still all good, its a great idea overall.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 03:26:35 PM »
Hi Wally

Is there a way to prevent the pitstop app from being locked during the race? I was unable to change the app from medium tires to hard or to adjust any of the damage repair options in the race. if not then still all good, its a great idea overall.
I have no idea. My change shouldn't affect that all. For example, I can still click on the app and change settings. Are you sure you haven't pinned the app by clicking on the invisible pin icon?

Next time it happens, can you send me the py_log.txt file from your logs folder? There might be an error message on there.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:28:55 PM by Wally »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 12:33:28 AM »
I've not been able to replicate the problem Wally so it must have been a one time error on my side.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 10:08:19 PM »
I just tried pitting with a 20 second delay. If the timer started and I drove forward a bit and stopped, the timer restarted from 20 seconds. Then if I drove right out of my box and then reversed back in, the timer restarted from 20. I couldn't make it not work, so I don't know what's happening to Kcender87.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal