Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R6: Magione Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R6: Magione Post-Race Chat  (Read 14258 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S16R6: Magione Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 10:55:00 PM »
Yeah, my car is awkward in that replay. I was not having problems with pressures. I just lost a bit of concentration because of the strange "freeze/stutter" the lap before and made a mistake that costed me 3 tenths or so. Then I was probably looking in my mirrors a bit too much for the next 2 or 3 corners, but still it's strange what I do in that corner: it looks like I am getting one of those V lines I often take (you must have noticed I do that more than you, given the quantity of laps together we got with these cars) but that should mean I get a nice fast exit. No idea why I seem not to accelerate out of it, instead. Either I somewhat hesitated on the throttle for who knows what reason, or really my PC is doing strange things...

Still contact is 100% my fault, I wasnt trying a pass just got caught out a little expecting the car to go not keep slowing at that point but I should have just left a bit more space.
No worries. It always feels strange when it's you hitting me, though ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 11:13:53 PM »
Thats why I pitted just before getting into the middle of your battle.  ;D
Yeah, I noticed that when the blue flags came up, and was relieved when you pitted :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 11:32:05 PM »
Well in pre race practice I thought it was going to be a disaster.  Couldn't get to much speed and the tight last handful of corners were killing me.
However, once the flag dropped I got away well, grabbed three spots then narrowly avoided team mate Mael spinning (damn shame :( ) and then pushed on.
I couldn't really catch the front guys and after Marty/Grat spun I soon had them hot on my tail.  I was able to them both at bay for around 4 laps each which was
a challenge and from there it was a quiet race.  Kept it pretty clean and came home in 6th, which with 20kg ballast was pretty good..!
My turn this week to hold up the points for Team Maki.... :)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 11:40:02 PM »
Grat are you using windows 7?

If so https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=36805  is said to fix the issue.. If youre not win7  then dunno.. seems to be centered around directx and whether your OS is compatible with dx 11.1
No, I am on windows 10. But thank you!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 01:04:06 AM »
Disappointing night for me. Snuck in a last second qually  lap jumping from 12th to 8th only to spin at the end of lap 1 and had to let the whole field through leaving me last in 18th..

I cleared shameless after he repeated my spin then spent what felt like forever on bacculums tail but couldnt find a way past and he never makes mistakes! I could see everyone else pulling away so eventually gave up and pitted at lap 20.

After stop lots of clear space and started putting in quick laps and made up a few places as undercuts. Russ anf seanus had a little tangle and got past them then was running in 11th which seed okay. Keith came out of the pits just infront of me so i really wanted to attack while he was on cold tyres but I didnt anticipate how early he'd brake for T1 and spun myself around loosing a cpl of spots.

Offline Cursed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 06:53:43 AM »
I had a satisfyingly clean race.  For the most part I was tangled up with Wally and Simone, but when they decided to pit at around lap 20-22, I decided I was faster than they were as long as they were tangled together and I stayed out for a few more laps to put a gap on them while they fought with cold tyres.

My plan worked, and I came out of the pits with a substantial gap on the Wally and Simone battle.  I lost most of that gap while the tyres came up to temperature, but then I was able to keep ahead by anywhere from 1-4 seconds.  Managed to pick up 6 places from my starting position of 13.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 09:29:36 AM »
WD Cursed!!!!    >:(   This morning i woke up with a seized right shoulder due to the intense battle on the track last night,...me thinking of hanging the steering wheel on the wall ::)
Great racing!!! This time i was determined to fight all through and it paid.Huge chase Wally ,thx to you and your common sense the battle was fun but tough.After i re-enter the track after pitting i saw wally behind me at about 5 sec but my tyres were cold and i had to take it easy,unfortunately all my advantage was lost when i went briefly on the grass....bugger here he(wally) comes again.Tyres became warmer and i could defend my position for the rest of the race,,,,nice finishing ahead of you Mr Masterson   :-*

A complete shame my 10 sec penalty for too many cuts...cuts?  where???  anyway i accept the rules.During the back straight i saw wally a couples of sec behind so with my left hand   i grabbed  a paper towel to wipe some sweat from my face...yes... almost lost it and found myself on the grass for 100 mt and wally again on my ass   ;D ;D ;D

Fun tuesday evening,thx all!!!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »
A complete shame my 10 sec penalty for too many cuts...cuts?  where???  anyway i accept the rules.During the back straight i saw wally a couples of sec behind so with my left hand   i grabbed  a paper towel to wipe some sweat from my face...yes... almost lost it and found myself on the grass for 100 mt and wally again on my ass   ;D ;D ;D

That move on the back straight was one of your cuts, maybe you thought you were on the tractor and saw a bit that needed a trim lol. I was a fair way back of you guys at the time and thought maybe wally tried to put you through the fence lol. Thats when I decided to pit before catching your little battle.

If you have plp on screen somewhere it will show when you cut and also how many cuts you have made so you can try avoid the penalty.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 02:04:09 PM »
WD Cursed!!!!    >:(   This morning i woke up with a seized right shoulder due to the intense battle on the track last night,...me thinking of hanging the steering wheel on the wall ::)
Great racing!!! This time i was determined to fight all through and it paid.Huge chase Wally ,thx to you and your common sense the battle was fun but tough.After i re-enter the track after pitting i saw wally behind me at about 5 sec but my tyres were cold and i had to take it easy,unfortunately all my advantage was lost when i went briefly on the grass....bugger here he(wally) comes again.Tyres became warmer and i could defend my position for the rest of the race,,,,nice finishing ahead of you Mr Masterson   :-*

Yeah, it was a great race. I had nowhere to pass you. I could catch up in the slow switchbacks, but then you'd lose me on the straights. How did you get such good drive onto the back straight? Where you taking that corner in 1st or 2nd? I had 7 wing I think.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2017, 02:50:35 PM »
Yes Wally that was great fun!!  i was exiting in 2nd gear,(back straight)i noticed from the replay you were using the 1st gear and i think thats was your night there lol.
My wing was a 10,maybe it gave me  a bit of understeer and thats was my night there lol   EPIC race mate!!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2017, 03:17:56 PM »
Yes Wally that was great fun!!  i was exiting in 2nd gear,(back straight)i noticed from the replay you were using the 1st gear and i think thats was your night there lol.
My wing was a 10,maybe it gave me  a bit of understeer and thats was my night there lol   EPIC race mate!!!!
I was trying both 1st and 2nd. 1st may have felt slightly better, actually. Your high rear wing must have been keeping the rear more planted when you were exiting the corner, although it was only low speed.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2017, 05:59:01 PM »
Had a good pressure race with phil all race, figured track position was king so just held it on line and waited for him to pit so he would feel the cold tyres first, then resumed our positions lol, got a bit lucky with grat and marty coming together as passing them would of been super difficult here. 2 wins a row was kinda unexpected lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2017, 07:16:40 PM »
Qualified 2nd last, bettered that by finishing 1st last. :o

2+2=√16

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2017, 07:28:45 PM »
Sorry for the no show. I'm in New Zealand ATM and knew I'd forgotten to do something before I left- notify that I want going to make it. See you next week.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2017, 07:30:02 PM »
Sorry for the no show. I'm in New Zealand ATM and knew I'd forgotten to do something before I left- notify that I want going to make it. See you next week.
No worries Darren, see you at New Jersey.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal