Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R2: Monza Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R2: Monza Race Chat  (Read 24767 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S14R2: Monza Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 05:09:43 PM »
Socks or no socks is usually fine for me, but the other night it was a bit warm and my sweaty feet were slipping off the pedals so I had to put socks on  ;D

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 05:39:32 PM »
With the G25, socks were a good option for me, but with the load cell on the fanatic pedals I find my feet hurt when pressing down hard on the brake or they simply slide off.
All the optional screw holes hurt? ???
I had that. >:(
I just backed off the pressure required ('cause it was buggering my knee as well).
Kind of negates why I have a load cell..... ::)
 8)

Yep, those screw holes did it for me. I've got the pressure backed off as well but after long sessions the socks still don't protect my sensitive soles  :'(

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2016, 09:59:48 AM »
Barefoot up here in QLD except in hot days where i use sock on my right foot because of the sweating.I am of course from EU and strictly left foot for braking ;D ;D ;D
I had not played AC for a while and i have to say i am impressed with the package,very noice sim.Yesterday i had a race with the AL at Monza and they just did a great job,incredible!!!  I put them at 100% and the cars are just well beahving,taking correct lines,not crashing to each other or even worst,into you.and in general they know what to do.....huge fun, my hat off to my contrymen AC ppl :-* :-*,,,,good game!!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:06:49 AM by Simone »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2016, 01:10:09 PM »
Well I've had this issue for a while as we all know, but I thought swapping the clutch over with the throttle fixed the issue for good.

My conclusion is that you shouldn't wear fluffy socks.  I normally wear one sock on my right foot for acceleration and I think the issue must be from the cotton getting into the pedal.
In the Thrustmaster pedals, the pots are enclosed in a separate little metal housing for extra protection. You could cover them with something, couldn't you, even if it's just glad wrap or something like that to keep the dust out. Or wads of Blutak.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2016, 01:46:44 PM »
Well I've had this issue for a while as we all know, but I thought swapping the clutch over with the throttle fixed the issue for good.

My conclusion is that you shouldn't wear fluffy socks.  I normally wear one sock on my right foot for acceleration and I think the issue must be from the cotton getting into the pedal.
In the Thrustmaster pedals, the pots are enclosed in a separate little metal housing for extra protection. You could cover them with something, couldn't you, even if it's just glad wrap or something like that to keep the dust out. Or wads of Blutak.
I think GB has already encased them in lube  8)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2016, 02:00:31 PM »
Well, I started on a 20 minute clean of the dust under the pedal case last night, but then 2.5 hours later I had a working pedal :)
I decided I'd take the pot apart and clean each part individually, however using my high tech engineering tools - pointy nosed pliers and a steak knife - I managed to slice my finer deep with the steak knife.

Small price to pay for a non-spiking pedal though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2016, 04:19:23 PM »
It would still pay to protect the pot from dust better somehow.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2016, 04:22:37 PM »
Yes I think next time I have to take apart the pedals I'll cover the pot up, although I'm not sure what with.  Maybe glad wrap will be best.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2016, 07:55:36 PM »
Do the pots get hot at all in use? Can they overheat if covered in plastic?

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2016, 08:02:22 PM »
Do the pots get hot at all in use? Can they overheat if covered in plastic?

I don't think so.  They are just a circular slider that is hooked up to the pedal with a few wires hooked in.  There is no power to them.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2016, 08:40:42 PM »
The currents involved are miniscule, signal only no power.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2016, 06:08:45 PM »
Server's up.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2016, 06:43:50 PM »
Sorry, I may not race tonight. My wrist has flared up so I'll have to see how it is later.
Cheers
Darren

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2016, 07:02:00 PM »
Sorry, I may not race tonight. My wrist has flared up so I'll have to see how it is later.
Cheers
Darren
There's not many corners at Monza, you'll be right ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2016, 07:07:08 PM »
Just a reminder that everyone will need the pit mod from the first post, the practice server has been using the standard official track but as we have more people here we are using the OSRW modded version of the track.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal