Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC Discussions

Author Topic: ACC Discussions  (Read 20229 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: ACC Discussions
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2021, 04:02:22 PM »
You can always join in skipping the first chicane on lap 1. That way I'll just do a pit lane drive through while everyone else have to stop for repairs  ;D

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2021, 04:04:47 PM »
Monza, a tale of woe and misfortunes.  Predictably turn 1 was chaotic with madmen late brake heroes but the worst were a pileup/parking lot at the second chicane, had to bail out onto the gravel to avoid other drivers crashing into me and causing damage. That left me 35th out of 36 and 5 seconds behind the pack. 

With a shoulder shrug I set out to recover. A early pit stop to avoid traffic turned to add further misery as I emerged behind the 4th place driver which was having a horror patch, he must have over-cooked his tyres and could barely keep it on track!. As a lapped car I could not pass him, just had to watch the time count by.

Then, as by miracle, after the pit stops were all done I found myself in 18th and rapidly catching the pack containing Wally. And just as I was about to fly past them the blinking red light come on. LOW FUEL!!!  So with no hope to make the finish I slowed down, allowing the leader to lap me on the finish straight on his last lap. Meaning I go went over the line with 1 liter spare and still in 18th  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2021, 05:13:33 PM »
I wouldn't care if I never raced at Monza again (although last night was a good race).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal