Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R7: Spa Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R7: Spa Race Chat  (Read 29010 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S14R7: Spa Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2016, 05:27:00 PM »
The tears are all mine, guys... I wish I could use some of the sand in my bag to dry the standing puddles. Alas, Wally won't let me ;)

Ah Grat, pop over to Wynyard and I'll gave ya a hug  ;D
Sure. Should we go for a pint one of these days? ;)

A lunch time pint? Those are the best  ;D I work just next to all the bus stops at Wynyard. Probably a few other XGNers in and around the CBD.
Lunch time?... I thought that was called a "coffee" and that pints must be at around 5, We could probably organize something. It does not take me long at all to get around there. 15 minutes, maybe?

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2016, 05:44:01 PM »
What's the error?
The error is:
ERRORS with content: ks_silverstone-gp_osrw/gp_osrw,
ks_silverstone-international_osrw/international_osrw,
ks_silverstone-national_osrw/national_osrw, view log for details

I tried sifting through the log with no luck (my computer skills are quite basic). I tried re-installing silverstone track and associated files (osrw pit mod), tried re-installing pit config.

The symptoms experienced are the pitconfig box was no longer visible even though it was activated in the main menu. When I went to pit, it flashed up the pit options for a split second then went immediately to changing fuel and tyres (this hurt my Silverstone race). I turned off pitconfig in the main menu and everything runs as it should with the exception of the error message on start up.

I'll try verifying the integrity of the game when I get home tonight.

Any other suggestions welcome.
Are you sure you're extracting the pit mod into the correct folder I. E. At the correct level?
I double checked and the files were in the right destination, which they were.

I ran the integrity check and 1 file was bad and redone.

I launched the game and the error remained. I figured I wasn't in much need the OSRW for Silverstone anytime soon so I removed all the OSRW Silverstone files & folders, the error did not return and the Pitconfig is once again operational.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I look forward to Spa  :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2016, 06:41:53 PM »
I think its just the way Krahl racing are bringing attention to their new team sponsor.  ;D

LOL Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2016, 06:43:44 PM »
The tears are all mine, guys... I wish I could use some of the sand in my bag to dry the standing puddles. Alas, Wally won't let me ;)
Or maybe I just happen to know that 50kg will settle your car beautifully in the rain giving you more grip.
Or not.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2016, 09:26:03 PM »
I think 85% is actually pretty take for a "wet" track. If you compare to them actually racing, something around 75% is probably more realistic - if I were racing I'd be keen for the grip to be lowered for some fun :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 11:50:18 PM »
I have renamed the xgn tuesday practice server to XGN Tuesdays so this means the lap stat link will be changed to this.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/lapstat?currservers=XGN%20Tuesdays

This is to make it much easier to find the lapstats in server as it doesnt automatically load the current server in ptracker, calling it XGN Tuesdays should make this easier.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2016, 07:08:45 AM »
I have renamed the xgn tuesday practice server to XGN Tuesdays so this means the lap stat link will be changed to this.

This is to make it much easier to find the lapstats in server as it doesnt automatically load the current server in ptracker, calling it XGN Tuesdays should make this easier.
I updated the link in the stats/laps sticky.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2016, 11:21:46 AM »

Yeah I got the fastest lap for once  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2016, 08:05:34 PM »

Yeah I got the fastest lap for once  ;D

Wd Mael and if the rain gets heavier it may stay there. It would really be nice if we had proper weather in AC but its still something many seem to ask for but then complain when they realize its more then just for pretty screenshots. Less grip and visibilty seems to be  a couple things many complain about yet its also likely from people asking for rain and night racing.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2016, 09:01:50 PM »
My understanding from a pair of phrases from Kunos is that they would not like to have rain being just low grip and graphics. They'd like to have puddles, normal line getting slippery, and aquaplaning, all simulated. And that at the state they are, they do not think it is something they can do without a serious investment of time and resources. But they need to allocate both, at least for now, to things that bring revenues a bit more certainly and sooner.

But I keep my fingers crossed. It would be really cool.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2016, 09:30:04 PM »
The slightly annoying thing is they had rain in netKar Pro which looked good graphically, and puddled on the track giving you variable grip. They had the technology, but didn't add it to AC for some reason.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2016, 09:33:31 PM »
Yeah, I'd be happy with nKPro weather atm. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2016, 08:45:10 AM »
A reminder - you can only change tyres ONCE. One pitstop is for fuel only, the other is for tyres only.

It should be an interesting race, with the drying track changing from grip of 85% to 100% at the end. At 85% the car drifts a bit more, and the rear can swing out a bit. It will be interesting to see how people cope with the changing car behaviour over the course of the race. There will probably be more accidents early on, with more passing opportunities.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2016, 10:14:18 PM »
I only ran my first laps here tonight with low grip only, its really not much different to how it has handled at other tracks with higher grip. Car is fairly well balanced and braking really isnt any worse which I expected that to struggle most. You simply need to slow it enough to make the apex and the grip level overall doesnt seem to make it any worse.

Sure it will get much quicker as the grip builds but thats about all, it will be up to who can adapt to the changing grip the most but then also setup wise having only ran low grip laps. A car that feels good at that grip may turn to crap as the grap builds balance wise, seems lap speed is in how much track is used at Eau Rogue and Blonchimont but seeing PLP is much stricter then in game limits the quicker line in prac server is most likely not valid with PLP.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2016, 10:37:57 AM »
its amazing how the game feels different to different people, for me its easy locking brakes, after using my grandmothers braking points,  then understeer on entry , then oversteer on exit, basically opposite to Marty
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal