Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat  (Read 30805 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2017, 03:53:04 PM »
The bounciness of this track makes me feel a bit queasy for the first few laps while wearing my Oculus Rift.
Where is it bouncy? Maybe you notice it more in the Rift.

Try lock camera to horizon in visual settings Works for me with Vive, Dave O.
I didn't know you had a Vive Dave.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2017, 04:00:28 PM »
I have found it bumpy myself in the first few corners but now i got used to it a bit.
It wont be a stroll in the park for me.... :o

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2017, 05:30:56 PM »
I have found it bumpy myself in the first few corners but now i got used to it a bit.
It wont be a stroll in the park for me.... :o
An hour long race should be a good concentration test!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2017, 05:38:42 PM »
Yeah had the Vive for a few weeks actually Wally but had no end of problems trying to get it up and running when I first got it. :(
Turned out to be my PC was the the problem in the end. Passed the Steam vr test no problem, but it wouldn't run the Vive.
I upgraded PC to a i7 7700k and a 1070GTX and all is good now.  ;D Would have signed up for this season but not sure if it would
it would handle a field of 20-30 drivers. I don't think I could go back monitors after VR it really is something else, but very resource
hungry  :o Cheers Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2017, 05:44:26 PM »
I don't think I could go back monitors after VR it really is something else

Hear this a lot and is main reason I don't think I can make the jump yet. A lot of my practice if when the kids are up, watching TV or playing in the same room or whatever and I need to be aware what they are doing. If I could happily switch between monitors and VR it would be fine, but could I actually do that  :o

Offline Cursed

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2017, 05:59:37 PM »
I notice the bumps from about T3 - T7.  It takes a few laps to get accustomed every time I get in there.

I'm not going to go and change settings for the camera to be locked or unlocked from the horizon.  This track is an exception and I haven't noticed this issue anywhere else.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2017, 06:00:33 PM »
I don't think I could go back monitors after VR it really is something else

Hear this a lot and is main reason I don't think I can make the jump yet. A lot of my practice if when the kids are up, watching TV or playing in the same room or whatever and I need to be aware what they are doing. If I could happily switch between monitors and VR it would be fine, but could I actually do that  :o

I reckon it would be too much hassle to just switch between both.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »
I notice the bumps from about T3 - T7.  It takes a few laps to get accustomed every time I get in there.

I'm not going to go and change settings for the camera to be locked or unlocked from the horizon.  This track is an exception and I haven't noticed this issue anywhere else.

Your call  :) no editing required, just a tick in the box, thought it might be worth a try  :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2017, 06:35:13 PM »
Yeah had the Vive for a few weeks actually Wally but had no end of problems trying to get it up and running when I first got it. :(
Turned out to be my PC was the the problem in the end. Passed the Steam vr test no problem, but it wouldn't run the Vive.
I upgraded PC to a i7 7700k and a 1070GTX and all is good now.  ;D Would have signed up for this season but not sure if it would
it would handle a field of 20-30 drivers. I don't think I could go back monitors after VR it really is something else, but very resource

Have you tried running with lots of AI, its still unlikely we will get much more then 26 here with only 24 starters round one but I could be wrong. If you can run 24-30 AI then theoretically in MP it should run no worse as the cpu has much less to do in MP when its not calculating all the AI drivers.

Must be a VR specific thing then as this track to me on a standard triple screen setup is no bumpier then any other.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2017, 09:40:08 PM »

Have you tried running with lots of AI, its still unlikely we will get much more then 26 here with only 24 starters round one but I could be wrong. If you can run 24-30 AI then theoretically in MP it should run no worse as the cpu has much less to do in MP when its not calculating all the AI drivers.

Must be a VR specific thing then as this track to me on a standard triple screen setup is no bumpier then any other.
I think t5 is famous for its steep bumps at the apex, and I think that's why the f1 line is to avoid the apex and stay a bit more in the mid of the track. Also, t9 (the very fast right hander) is known for the bumps (for example, Sirotkin was talking about how different 2017 f1 cars were more or less table over those bumps in a recent interview in motorsport.com).

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2017, 09:15:59 AM »
Gents, as I was saying I don't think I'll make tonight.  I'll head back from eastern creek at around 6, so I'll be home by 7-8, tired, in need of a dinner, etc...I'd be a liability on the track afterwards I think, so I won't force the issue.  Have fun!

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2017, 10:22:21 AM »
i found it bumpy, anyone who doesn't probably is running the gyro setting which adds damper at speed
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2017, 10:44:24 AM »
Comment about the track surface from the weather forecast website:

The track surface of The Catalunya Circuit tends to be quite rough and will take its toll on the F1 tyres. Those Formula 1 drivers who have been struggling with tyre wear over the course of the Formula one Grand Prix season may find this a challenging track.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:11:05 PM by Wally »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2017, 10:55:46 AM »
Gents, as I was saying I don't think I'll make tonight.  I'll head back from eastern creek at around 6, so I'll be home by 7-8, tired, in need of a dinner, etc...I'd be a liability on the track afterwards I think, so I won't force the issue.  Have fun!
Have fun on the real track.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2017, 11:15:28 AM »
From the weather forecast website:

The track surface of The Catalunya Circuit tends to be quite rough and will take its toll on the F1 tyres. Those Formula 1 drivers who have been struggling with tyre wear over the course of the Formula one Grand Prix season may find this a challenging track

If I use a microscope I might be able to read the weather forecast Wally  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal