Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2: Imola Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 2: Imola Race Chat  (Read 71671 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Round 2: Imola Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 04:13:44 PM »
It'll certainly "curb" my creative lines :D

Yea hard to see people on the track when your wall riding 20m wide  ;)

Proper damage is a good thing but will be even more frustrating if somebody does hit you but its just the same in the real thing. Except there someone needs to pay for damages and you may get badly hurt.

I watched some of the Spa 24 hrs last weekend and my god are we in for a world of hurt if they drive so badly there in the real thing. I think from hours 2 to 4 there was 15 minutes of non safety car then they called a red flag before dark just to have a good talking to all the drivers before someone got killed.

Must have been the most expensive Blancpain race ever and unfortunatly missed out on seeing Shane Van Gisbergen drive as his car was a write off early. Craig Lowndes drove well and Steven Richards was there too.

[youtube]p4D5WC7y0nY[/youtube]

[youtube]cfMlNAyYQng[/youtube]

[youtube]pupImZM-OOU[/youtube]

[youtube]q_nUaZnX_l0[/youtube]

They really didnt show much of the incidents and some were completely missed as they looked very bad, luckily nobody got badly hurt but I think the F1 could be nasty with the more grunt and less aero.

Can you imagine the wrecks in AC once we get spa and most people will never lift at Eau Rouge.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:22:58 PM by marty »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 04:27:04 PM »
If you don't need to lift at Eau Rouge, you have too much downforce. ;)

2+2=√16

Rolz

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 04:27:54 PM »
yeah it would be interesting with damage in AC... would you need to pit and go back out and if you did it say 2-3 times u get disallowed form joining in...

all interesting stuff to discuss if they are eventually options to enable...

I'm all for as real as possible... even if I knock myself out from hitting walls... the whole point is for it to be a sim so I'll learn to tone it down...
Thought other divers wiping you out will suck, but if you in a good league (like this one  ;) ;) ;) ) we'll all be aiming to improve and it will be accidental.

;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »
I ran some laps at Imola cheated setup wise and tried one from RSR and beat my PB by a second with quite a bit of time left if I commit a bit more and pull it off. My best with this was 1:44.163 but I will make some changes to it as I think I can improve a couple corners with some changes but it may make others worse more then likely.

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=setups&track=2&car=18

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 08:16:45 AM »
I did a 46.5 with that set, better than my 47.2 with my own setup. This was in race trim - hard tyres and 20l fuel (fuel and tyres wear off). The car settles nicely after hitting the kerbs with this setup. But you still have to avoid the kerbs as much as possible.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »
Who let the cat out..........Again  :P

Not a good spot right on the approach to the corner, I am wondering if it is a physics related problem rather than a track issue.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 12:44:29 PM »
Yeah, I got that in that exact spot. I reckon it must be the car bottoming out. I created a thread about it on the AC forums. The only answer must be to raise the ride height.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 12:55:06 PM »
Yeah, I got that in that exact spot. I reckon it must be the car bottoming out. I created a thread about it on the AC forums. The only answer must be to raise the ride height.

That makes sense, thanks Wally

My game is doing some thing strange or I have hit a button, but it is now wide screen in wide screen  :-[

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 03:22:15 PM »
Who let the cat out..........Again  :P

Not a good spot right on the approach to the corner, I am wondering if it is a physics related problem rather than a track issue.

Thats why I was looking for another setup,the one I came up with was bottoming out there or scraping if not getting airborne. Raising ride height just made the car a bit if a boat, the main difference in the setup by Elliot is much less suspension travel then I was using and flat through there in qualy trim or full fuel for the race I had no issues. Car also rides the kerbs quite well and has good aero so corners quite well with ok speed down the straight. In a draft you can still get people down the main straight too. I think its a physics bug to a point as the collisions between car and tarmac can do freaky things but in a real car if you bottomed out so bad there youd be in big trouble too.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »
The jumping doesn't seem realistc but a very hard bottoming (mind out of the gutter, Dick ::)) will take load off the tyres, so cause major grip and handling issues as well.
So it's realistic, in the sense that it's not possible to run that low, even though it's for different reasons.

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »
Keep in mind a lot of these setups would have been created before bottoming-out was implemented in the last couple of weeks.

The best solution I found with my other setups was to either raise the ride-height or stiffen the suspension.

In other news, I have hooked up my EoP and it seems to be working a treat :)  Hopefully no more disconnects and I appear to have a better ping by 10 or 15.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 05:28:35 PM »
The jumping doesn't seem realistc but a very hard bottoming (mind out of the gutter, Dick ::)) will take load

I love how you type out the internal battles going on in your head within a public forum post.  ;D

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 05:40:26 PM »
The jumping doesn't seem realistc but a very hard bottoming (mind out of the gutter, Dick ::)) will take load

I love how you type out the internal battles going on in your head within a public forum post.  ;D

Just to break it down......

A hard bottoming will take the load

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 06:12:01 PM »
So tempted to report you to a moderator Glen.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 06:45:18 PM »
So tempted to report you to a moderator Glen.

It's your filthy mind not mine.
If the hard bottoming did take the load..... what for it....... ??? :o? this thread wouldn't be so................... messy BAHAHAHAHAHA

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal