Xtreme Gaming Network

Nords 2hr Enduro Results

Author Topic: Nords 2hr Enduro Results  (Read 19031 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Nords 2hr Enduro Results
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 06:51:17 PM »
For a season yes but a one off enduro there are much more enjoyable tracks I think to race at.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2017, 07:09:19 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking as part of a season for sure.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2017, 07:56:40 PM »
I find Le mans the most boring track around personally, there is a mod track around but I would much prefer a race at Spa or amy of the other WEC circuits that arent Le Mans lol.

919's will get some competition as Kunos will release Audi and Toyota LMP1 cars at some point. I would probably hold off on a wec season until those come as its not likely we will get multipke wec seasons. There will also be more gte cars coming but no real news of what or when has been announced other then whats been announced but yet unreleased. A WEC enduro as a mixed class test after this season would work and I think Spa would be a good track for it.

The Zonda R is a trackday special hypercar kind of competing with the 599xx, laferrari fxxk,p1 gtr, 918 etc ts not close to an lmp1 car.

could always put in the 599xx the the fxxxk and the zonda r as a class if they are comparable. And another class type as well for a mixed race
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 08:20:31 PM »
I find Le mans the most boring track around personally, there is a mod track around but I would much prefer a race at Spa or amy of the other WEC circuits that arent Le Mans lol.

919's will get some competition as Kunos will release Audi and Toyota LMP1 cars at some point. I would probably hold off on a wec season until those come as its not likely we will get multipke wec seasons. There will also be more gte cars coming but no real news of what or when has been announced other then whats been announced but yet unreleased. A WEC enduro as a mixed class test after this season would work and I think Spa would be a good track for it.

The Zonda R is a trackday special hypercar kind of competing with the 599xx, laferrari fxxk,p1 gtr, 918 etc ts not close to an lmp1 car.

could always put in the 599xx the the fxxxk and the zonda r as a class if they are comparable. And another class type as well for a mixed race

You would need considerably more drivers then last race to consider so many different classes, also those cars arent that evenly matched and a bit too close to gt3 yet done so differently they dont go so well together. Also they are probably all considerably trickier to drive then gt3 if you wanted to go another class I think a low powered basic high grip class like gt4 would work better but even 2 classes is more then enough with less then 20 starters.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2017, 09:57:37 PM »
Come season 18, we'll be driving LMP1 cars and GTE cars (at least Porsche 911 RSR, Ferrari 488/458 GT2, Corvette C7.R).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 07:55:50 PM »
I think more non season events would be good, but advertising would be needed to get in more numbers.  But a season of lmp1 and gt3 would be good.. on medium to large tracks.. maybe do a class swap each race..

how fast is GTE compared to GT4?

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2017, 11:33:16 AM »
Sorry for the no show. Had to fly out. Congrats to all, would have been fun.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2017, 12:17:50 PM »
I think more non season events would be good, but advertising would be needed to get in more numbers.  But a season of lmp1 and gt3 would be good.. on medium to large tracks.. maybe do a class swap each race..

how fast is GTE compared to GT4?

I think with multiclass for one off events best to let people choose the class they want to race, no need to force people to choose a car they arent comfortable with. Numbers wise not much you can do, some simply arent into endurance races and just like in a regular season if 30 enter your lucky to get 24 start a race due to  people unable to make it for whatever reason.

This is why I find it funny one of the most asked for additions is driver swaps. Using the last race as an example with 17 starters in a car swap race that would have been 8 cars on track. I would rather do a solo stint with twice as many cars instead of running half a race with half a field. But if it meant that we could run a 2 hour race with optional swaps, some could run as a team and others could do the full race we may get more in otherwise not wanting to run the 2 hours so increase the field this way.  ;)

GT4 vs GTE is considerably slower as gt4 is more production car based with much less aero probably about 10 seconds per lap around an f1 circuit like Barcelona. The LMP1 cars would be about 10-15 seconds faster then gte there too so its 3 classes with similar gaps.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2017, 12:39:16 PM »
The only reason for a slower class that I can see is more overtaking. But I like to try to model seasons on real world series where possible, so I'd be more tempted to stick with GTE cars.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 12:41:23 PM by Wally »

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2017, 05:55:47 PM »

I think with multiclass for one off events best to let people choose the class they want to race, no need to force people to choose a car they arent comfortable with. Numbers wise not much you can do, some simply arent into endurance races and just like in a regular season if 30 enter your lucky to get 24 start a race due to  people unable to make it for whatever reason.

GT4 vs GTE is considerably slower as gt4 is more production car based with much less aero probably about 10 seconds per lap around an f1 circuit like Barcelona. The LMP1 cars would be about 10-15 seconds faster then gte there too so its 3 classes with similar gaps.

Changing between 2 classes in a season race to race would mix it up a bit, I wouldn't think people would not like a car in each class, as we've raced most of them here.  No one seems to have an issue on thurs night when a car type swap happens. Can't please everyone all of the time .. If people really want to race they'll do it..   Multiclass racing is fun but in a season to me would need more people in each class.. and more variety to choose from in each class, not just 1-2 cars per class.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal