Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 19 - World Endurance Championship on practice server

Author Topic: Season 19 - World Endurance Championship on practice server  (Read 15124 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Season 19 - World Endurance Championship on practice server
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 04:38:51 PM »
Personally, I was only 0.2 secs faster in the Porsche than the Audi. Different drivers will extract more or less out of each car. Seanus and Mael are very fast in the Toyota. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if the Porsche still ends up too fast on the practice server times, and maybe go to 80% restrictor.
There goes my next strategy lol

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »
Personally, I was only 0.2 secs faster in the Porsche than the Audi. Different drivers will extract more or less out of each car. Seanus and Mael are very fast in the Toyota. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if the Porsche still ends up too fast on the practice server times, and maybe go to 80% restrictor.
Maybe you're right. I seem to have a disproportionate gap between the cars compared to the others. Maybe the audi and me really don't like each other.... I guess I'll take the porsche now. I also like how it drives more.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »
The best strategy is... driver faster!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 06:25:42 PM »
Only joking, I have no idea what I'll drive, I can't test till Thursday when I get home. I was thinking of racing lmp1 only because I've never really driven them yet and since since signing up with you guys that's all I've been doing, which I like btw. I've been out of my comfort zone and trying new stuff, it's cool. While away all can do is go by comments here from you guys and watch YouTube videos on the different cars.  8)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 06:31:40 PM »
Only joking, I have no idea what I'll drive, I can't test till Thursday when I get home. I was thinking of racing lmp1 only because I've never really driven them yet and since since signing up with you guys that's all I've been doing, which I like btw. I've been out of my comfort zone and trying new stuff, it's cool. While away all can do is go by comments here from you guys and watch YouTube videos on the different cars.  8)
All three of the LMP1s feel different to drive in some way. It might be just as important to choose a car that you feel comfortable with. You'll be driving it for an hour, after all.

We've never raced the LMP1s in a season before. I'm mostly looking forward to KERS strategy.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 06:32:50 PM »
Here's a selection of the top times in the LMP1s so far:

gratks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015
01:32.5
Phil.8ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015
01:32.5
Chernoks_toyota_ts040
01:33.0
Seanusks_toyota_ts040
01:33.3
XGN Wallyks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015
01:34.0
Maelks_toyota_ts040
01:34.1
XGN Wallyks_audi_r18_etron_quattro
01:34.2
Maelks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015
01:34.3
Bacchulumks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015
01:34.5
gratulinks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015
01:34.6
gratks_audi_r18_etron_quattro
01:34.6
Seanusks_audi_r18_etron_quattro
01:34.7
XGN Wallyks_toyota_ts040
01:34.9

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 07:45:03 PM »
Thanks Wally, I like the idea of trying out the kers strategy too.

Offline GymnasticHippo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 11:49:42 PM »
Ok... tech support please...

I've purchased and downloaded the ready to race pack. Rebooted A/C. "Server contains unavailable content".

Recall seeing there was the OSR pit box comment somewhere a while back. Go and download the OSR pack from the forum link. Reboot A/C. "Server contains unavailable content".

Any thoughts as to what on earth i'm missing here? This is driving me nuts.

Update:
Ok... just realised the issue. It's the porsche causing the issue as its another DLC again. Looks like I might be out for this season. Just spent $120 on a new game, bit hard to justify to the minister of finance another $25-30 for "another game" right now. Will see how I go.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:56:44 PM by GymnasticHippo »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2017, 07:54:30 AM »
Aren't the DLCs about $9? The price of two coffees...

Offline GymnasticHippo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 10:06:35 PM »
Fair call man, my comment came on the back of a long day after a sleepless night with a 5 month old. I'll grab the content tonight and get it prepped

Offline GymnasticHippo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 10:08:01 PM »
Aren't the DLCs about $9? The price of two coffees...

Fair call mate, my comment came late in the evening after a long day and a sleepness night from my 5mo the night prior. I'll pickup the content tonight and get prepped

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 08:03:11 PM »
a quick test for me offline, i drove the porsche on charging mode to try and simulate the 75% restrictor and i found the times it did was the same as the audi around the nurburgring but 10kmh slower on straights, but the toyota was way quicker to the tune of 1.5 secs but again 10kmh slower down straight to the audi so a restrictor wouldnt work i think the toyota may need ballast since it makes all its time in the turns.
do you even motorsports?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 09:00:05 PM »
a quick test for me offline, i drove the porsche on charging mode to try and simulate the 75% restrictor and i found the times it did was the same as the audi around the nurburgring but 10kmh slower on straights, but the toyota was way quicker to the tune of 1.5 secs but again 10kmh slower down straight to the audi so a restrictor wouldnt work i think the toyota may need ballast since it makes all its time in the turns.
Mmmmh... yes, that sounds more or less like the impression we got from the practice race. I guess it's tricky. I am not in favour of large ballasts, but maybe we could give a small one and let the tracks decide which car is faster.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 10:49:54 PM »
I won't be changing any ballast or restrictors now so close to season start. Some tracks are tighter, some are more flowing. There are many variables to balance, including driver skill, and don't forget it's also an hour race. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal