Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R6: Okayama Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S20R6: Okayama Post-Race Chat  (Read 13184 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S20R6: Okayama Post-Race Chat
« on: January 30, 2018, 06:14:56 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   122
Matthew111   120
Grat   83
buellersdayoff   75
Freezer   75
Phil.8   74
ab156   72
killagorilla   69
Jeremy   69
Mael   65
Godzilla   62
Joe   61
Shayne   60
Wally   56
Phil   55
Dave O   53
Bacchulum   47
Simone   46
Gratulin   33
JamieP   29
Rob   23
Seanus   20

Congratulations to Matthew.111 on pole and the race 1 win, Mael and Kcender87 for their race wins, and Kcender87 for winning the overall round.

Penalties
Race 1
Dave O carried way too much speed into the hairpin and hit Simone – 50 kg penalty.

Race 2
Seanus ran into the back of Joe, spinning him – 50 kg penalty.

Race 3
Godzilla pulled off a couple of divebombs in Phil and Bacchulum but resulted in no more than a sideways bump – a caution but no penalty.
Godzilla ran into the back of killagorilla, spinning him – 50 kg penalty.

Season Podium
The mover on the podium is Matthew after a solid points haul this round, who jumps up 2 places into 2nd at the expense of Phil.8.

1. Kcender87, 557 pts
2. Matthew.111, 499
3. Killagorilla, 481
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:10:57 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
Re: S20R6: Okayama Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 07:49:07 PM »
Can't manage it tonight. this weather and humidity is killing me.

Have fun guys and good luck.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 08:46:24 PM »
Can't manage it tonight. this weather and humidity is killing me.

Have fun guys and good luck.
Better luck next week Shameless.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 10:57:05 PM »
Very sorry bacchulum for turning you around in race 2, I saw you and Godzilla bouncing off each other quite hard down the bendy straight, it had slowed both of you down a fair bit which meant I came up on you quickly but I took a heavy inside line into the hairpin and did not have a lot of grip there and slid toward as you went for the apex. Sorry. Mostly good racing after that though but felt like I was out to the groove.
Race 1 was a bit lonely.
Race 3 was a lot of fun racing with you all.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 11:13:22 PM »
Got disconnected race 1 which made race two easy  ;D

The real disappointment was race 3. I really wanted to make KCender work for the win, he usually overtakes me waaayy too easy. Sadly I threw it away on the short downhill corner (Revolver corner?) to gift the lead to him. Still steaming about it. Well done Kcender, the pressure was too much.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 11:15:35 PM »
Results are up in the 1st post.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 11:25:39 PM »
Race 1 - kept it clean, ended up circulating between ab156 and Bacchulum but with a gap to both, zero contacts.

Race 2 - this was quite an exciting race, finding myself in a pack of 4 cars or so for most of the race. I defended as best I could, but couldn't hold off guys like Kcender, Matthew and Killagorilla forever. Killagorilla, sorry about the couple of bumps at the slow "Hobbs" - I hope I didn't squeeze you out of room, but it was all I could do to get around that corner - I couldn't keep it much tighter. Again, my only contacts were with Killagorilla at that slow corner, so that was a good, close and hard race.

Race 3 - I was chasing Simone closely for a few laps until I ran into the back of him at turn 1. My story is he slowed unexpectedly. Alright, maybe I was a bit close :D That was my only contact.

So for me personally, that was a good, clean round with some great racing (even though I slipped down one position on the ladder, courtesy of ab156's good result).

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 11:33:01 PM »

So for me personally, that was a good, clean round with some great racing (even though I slipped down one position on the ladder, courtesy of ab156's good result).

That's what you get get for no practice.  Just realised there are double points for R1, watch out next week  :o

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 11:49:15 PM »
Got disconnected race 1 which made race two easy  ;D

The real disappointment was race 3. I really wanted to make KCender work for the win, he usually overtakes me waaayy too easy. Sadly I threw it away on the short downhill corner (Revolver corner?) to gift the lead to him. Still steaming about it. Well done Kcender, the pressure was too much.

Was a good race man - was disappointed when I saw the big tank-slapper down the hill - was enjoying the tussle :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »
worst quality of racing I can remember at xgn,  the tactics of some people are putting me right off Tuesday races
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 12:15:00 PM »
worst quality of racing I can remember at xgn,  the tactics of some people are putting me right off Tuesday races
I've made two mistakes myself so I want to be cautious especially at this race. My apologies to Shayne again and I've done a stupid thing at the end of start finish straight...not sure but I think I didn't take anyone out there when I braked way too late...dunno why...apologies there too to the ones affected.
Phil8, you were complaining about the incident at the hairpin in race 1.
Strange, but it seemed you weren't aware of me being on the inside for quite a long time. The way I see it we were side by side. However you went for the apex, but the problem was that I was there. I've done many sharp turns there so I was prepared to go side by side through there. You crashed into me...your fault.
You may have watched replay in the meantime and have changed your mind about this one. Just surprised you went so aggressively for the apex.
Now, the other Phil, we were going side by side towards the hairpin and I was at the outside. That was race two.  No idea why, but you suddenly pulled left and I was there at the edge of the track. I mean to overlook that and noticing the presence of someone there when getting a bit of a nudge is ok, but you kept pulling left as if you wanted to push me off track. That was roughly in the middle of this long straight. I had to aggressively steer right to avoid going off. What were you thinking?
Anyway races 2 and 3 were messed up.
Yeah, Wally I think we've had a bit of side by side action as well. I'm not worried about what happened there :-)
It was close and fun racing, but I'm disappointed about the result.
My qualy was bad...picked a bad time to exit the pits.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:18:23 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 12:21:19 PM »
Qualified in the top 10 which was a bit of a surprise.
Race 1 was going well in 5th until Grat rear ended me around mid race.  He redressed but it didn't give me back the 10 spots I lost.
Upside was a better start pos in Race 2 and was able to gain 5 spots during the race to come home 5th.
Race 3 again turned out to be a good result with 4th and a good battle with Matthew mid race.
Except for race 1, it was clean racing and some close fights with AB, Matthew and Grat.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 12:49:46 PM »
I've made two mistakes myself so I want to be cautious especially at this race. My apologies to Shayne again and I've done a stupid thing at the end of start finish straight...not sure but I think I didn't take anyone out there when I braked way too late...dunno why...apologies there too to the ones affected.
Phil8, you were complaining about the incident at the hairpin in race 1.
Strange, but it seemed you weren't aware of me being on the inside for quite a long time. The way I see it we were side by side. However you went for the apex, but the problem was that I was there. I've done many sharp turns there so I was prepared to go side by side through there. You crashed into me...your fault.
You may have watched replay in the meantime and have changed your mind about this one. Just surprised you went so aggressively for the apex.
Now, the other Phil, we were going side by side towards the hairpin and I was at the outside. That was race two.  No idea why, but you suddenly pulled left and I was there at the edge of the track. I mean to overlook that and noticing the presence of someone there when getting a bit of a nudge is ok, but you kept pulling left as if you wanted to push me off track. That was roughly in the middle of this long straight. I had to aggressively steer right to avoid going off. What were you thinking?
Anyway races 2 and 3 were messed up.
Yeah, Wally I think we've had a bit of side by side action as well. I'm not worried about what happened there :-)
It was close and fun racing, but I'm disappointed about the result.
My qualy was bad...picked a bad time to exit the pits.

I knew you were there, I have not watched the replay
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:53:22 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 02:01:19 PM »
Always watch the replay when you think something unfair has happened. Watching the replay can shine an entirely different light on an incident, which can be quite different to how you perceived it in the heat of the moment.

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 02:26:22 PM »
Quali went reasonably well. Race one racing with some really fast and clean racing guys was awesome, good amount of side by side action with people giving each other room and absolutely no contact, this should be the norm, not a special event. Race two was the standard crash fest all round and by race three I have had enough so I’m out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal