Xtreme Gaming Network

Author Topic: Sign up - May 9 Nords Enduro  (Read 66609 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Sign up - May 9 Nords Enduro
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2017, 07:01:05 PM »
Looks like it'll be a battle for Second  ;D

Am I that far behind you.  ;)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2017, 09:07:05 PM »
People just have to drive with a little more caution at the start, which is always true. More than ever, a 2 hr race is not going to be won in the first few corners!

If there is carnage, we can do restarts.

It's the no care attitude because the race will just be restarted is part of the problem. I have no real issue with no tyre blankets other than the fact that with it on people still can't get around the first 2 corners without causing an accident up to 3x in a row. Considering how tight the first 2 corners are I would be shocked if there wasn't carnage, even moreso with tyre blankets off.  It's nearly almost fine for the drivers up the front, but its the drivers at the back that suffer because of it. Considering the length of the race I would ask for a practise start.. then a real start.. and no restarts after that.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2017, 10:40:45 PM »
I just did a full 2 hour race simulation  ::) and it went to plan A this time, with traffic it will be a challenge but I just wanted to see if I could manage a clean run over the distance on an empty track.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?playerInSessionId=43340#

1 stop on mediums seems not bad, here I ran as far as I could on a full tank then added just enough fuel to get the full distance which ended up at 15 laps. First stint was more getting the feel for the car plus extra fuel and worn tyres at the end I just didn't want to make any mistakes. After the stop I pushed on a bit more with pretty much qualy type laps to the finish seeing if I could hang on at a faster pace if needed.

Maybe the actual race will go much worse also I don't know which car I will run yet but the Audi feels a pretty good all rounder and my setup is pretty neutral going to a bit understeery at the end as the front tyres stay a bit under temp most of the way and get some graining. The extra grip feel you get from the last lap on a set to the first few laps on a new set is pretty cool and gives lots more confidence in the car.
Thanks for the update Marty. It will save people the time to see how the tyres last.

People just have to drive with a little more caution at the start, which is always true. More than ever, a 2 hr race is not going to be won in the first few corners!

If there is carnage, we can do restarts.

It's the no care attitude because the race will just be restarted is part of the problem. I have no real issue with no tyre blankets other than the fact that with it on people still can't get around the first 2 corners without causing an accident up to 3x in a row. Considering how tight the first 2 corners are I would be shocked if there wasn't carnage, even moreso with tyre blankets off.  It's nearly almost fine for the drivers up the front, but its the drivers at the back that suffer because of it. Considering the length of the race I would ask for a practise start.. then a real start.. and no restarts after that.
People will be careful. They generally are, especially knowing it's at Nords. It's just a fun run, so if we do have to restart, it's no biggie. The starts in the Porsches on cold, hard tyres have generally been pretty good.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2017, 11:42:30 PM »
Quote from: Wally link=topic=1883.msg36196#msg36196

Thanks for the update Marty. It will save people the time to see how the tyres last.

It will still be quite dependant on setup and driving style, I would also recommend mapping TC and ABS control to your wheel to adjust these as needed. Over a long run you need to use some tc to save the rears and there are some corners you need to back off a little to manage them a bit. I never used to use tc in these cars but with v10 tyres it will greatly help you to extend the rear tyres life over a stint.

Softs are maybe 2 to 3 seconds a lap faster assuming you dont overheat the rears too much in the last sector. With soft tyres you need to manage the temps on them as okknce the rears overheat the rear gets very slippery. Mediums in most cars will struggle to get fronts to temp so setups need to be adjusted for less front end grip on those. I havent tried the hards yet as mediums hang on ok and struggle for temps, I dont think hards have a lower working range but will try them at some point.

I also think starts havent been an issue in the current season without blankets, no worse then it has been in other seasons. I dont even remember the last time there was a t1 incident around me maybe the gt86 season where I got spun a couple times.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2017, 06:29:32 PM »
I did a quick offline test with no tyre blankets in these and I dont think its much of an issue, the cars will need to be a bit slower at t1 but that will likely cause less issues. With tyre blankets the cars lap 1 would have the most grip they will into that corner all race making people more aggressive I think. Give them less grip the apex speeds are so slow hitting someone at such speeds is not really excusable. Also running medium or hard tyres they cool so much before t1 after the long straights the corner doesn't drive much worse in the race and lap 1 your up to race temps pretty early on in the gp section of the lap.

I also ran a couple laps on the hards and these are an interesting option, they are a bit slower then mediums but I only did 2 laps and still had tyres at 100% so likely will be better then the other options at the end. They also can be driven harder without overheating and are a the most stable in terms of temps and pressures around a lap. Not running much colder then medium tyres its possible on a long run these could beat the medium tyres but will lose out a bit in the early laps.

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2017, 07:18:11 PM »
as an update - ill have the 650 sirs - rift is back time for qualli

Rolz

« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2017, 07:41:29 PM »
I did a quick offline test

pick the person looking forward to Tuesday more than anyone else :P

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »
Hi, been a while since I dropped in here. I would like to practice before I commit. Seems to be a problem with the track. I can't join the server because it says I have a different version. But when I try to run a private practice the car is just hanging in the purple space in the air falling.

Yup, I am new to this lol. If someone can point out what I am doing wrong I will try to cut some laps tonight. Porsche RSR 2017 for me. I will be able to try again Monday night, Tuesday and if all is well I will have posted a qually lap by then.

Thanks gents.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 02:46:11 PM by Sin »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2017, 03:08:10 PM »
Hi, been a while since I dropped in here. I would like to practice before I commit. Seems to be a problem with the track. I can't join the server because it says I have a different version. But when I try to run a private practice the car is just hanging in the purple space in the air falling.

Yup, I am new to this lol. If someone can point out what I am doing wrong I will try to cut some laps tonight. Porsche RSR 2017 for me. I will be able to try again Monday night, Tuesday and if all is well I will have posted a qualy lap by then.

Thanks gents.

You need to install this version of the track, assuming you also have dreampack 1 that has the official track as its also needed. http://www.mediafire.com/file/c4ze67ae33bzl88/Nordschleife_Endurance_Cup_34pits_AC1.7.rar

I have also changed the server name to "Marty's XGN.com.au Nords Enduro practice(MR AB)+whitelist" as there is no longer another Tuesday practice server, nothing else has changed and also the link to times will still be the same.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 04:22:53 PM by marty »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2017, 05:54:36 PM »

Provisional pole Kcender!

(Is there a way to removed duplicates from the qualifying results? Marty is making us look bad!)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2017, 06:47:43 PM »

Provisional pole Kcender!

(Is there a way to removed duplicates from the qualifying results? Marty is making us look bad!)
So long as he's only set one time per car!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2017, 07:00:46 PM »

You need to install this version of the track, assuming you also have dreampack 1 that has the official track as its also needed. http://www.mediafire.com/file/c4ze67ae33bzl88/Nordschleife_Endurance_Cup_34pits_AC1.7.rar

I have also changed the server name to "Marty's XGN.com.au Nords Enduro practice(MR AB)+whitelist" as there is no longer another Tuesday practice server, nothing else has changed and also the link to times will still be the same.

Yeah just got back home 2 weeks ago and updated AC with the DLC that came out whilst I was os. I am assuming, maybe incorrectly I just extract the package into the /assettocorsa/content/tracks folder or am I putting it in the wrong place?

I am doing something wrong. I can see the server but the track is in red writing suggesting I don't have the right track installed. I have downloaded through the three different links shared on this thread and all ask me to overwrite the previous version. When I go to start the track in a private session the game won't load acs.exe but works fine with the other tracks. I will try to figure out what I am doing wrong.

edito - fixed-a-roony. So I will see if I can remember this track, surely all those early years with gran turismo should help? :P
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 07:23:19 PM by Sin »

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2017, 09:45:56 PM »
I'll take the McLaren 650S GT3... seeing as i lost all my setups for the other cars.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2017, 10:16:07 PM »
I'll take the McLaren 650S GT3... seeing as i lost all my setups for the other cars.

http://thesetupmarket.com

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2017, 08:24:15 AM »
I will change up the practice server car list for now will takeout the lotus and p4/5 then will add more of the cars people have selected. Its a bit tough with only 2 of each car in the server but if anyone wants thhose 2 cars in I will add at least 1 to the list. If they arent likely to be used it just means some may not be able to use the car they want if a few are already in.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal