Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun run Feb 19 - a bunch of cars at Brands Hatch

Author Topic: Fun run Feb 19 - a bunch of cars at Brands Hatch  (Read 12378 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Fun run Feb 19 - a bunch of cars at Brands Hatch
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 09:36:34 AM »
I only had a short practice in a few cars and only one more on the night, so not every car and forgot to save the set for the abarth. I also preselected my car choice without really considering lap times and chose, mustang, abarth, m1 (not tested and no set up until final qually).
R1. Surprising last lap effort to snag pole in the first race, I just had to keep it straight with qualifying times and not let anyone past in the race, a few slides though and I thought I'd send myself off like usual but kept it together (enough).
R2. The abarth deserves it's own championship. Good fun battles with everyone.
R3. So not much of a set up and toying with boost control during the race meant I got close to mael and freezer, not enough to pass, but also possibly running out of juice. I wound down the boost to save fuel and dropped off the lead battle.
Again Abarth needs it's own series, also there's the seat leone? mod that would be great for a pommy touring car series too being similar to the Abarth ie fwd, not everyone likes fwd but variety is the spice...
Thanks all

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 11:25:08 AM »
I agree, the Abarth is a lot of fun. Since I still have another week to kill while people are away, let's have a fun run in the Abarth next Tuesday. Get those rear wheels in the air!

I had some good battles: my Alfa vs. Phil's Mustang, my Abarth against Bacchulum's Mustang, my Z4 versus Joe's Skyline. I reckon it will be good racing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 01:57:53 PM »
I second the Abarth!  If kept to tighter tracks it would make for great battles with the power cars.
I had fun trying to hang it around the outside of Mael in the mustang!!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 06:25:28 PM »
Was good to race after a couple of months off. I didn't try the Abarth but I enjoyed driving the the Nissan most of all those I tried.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 06:46:47 PM »
Was good to race after a couple of months off. I didn't try the Abarth but I enjoyed driving the the Nissan most of all those I tried.

The Nissan is a good car, would usually be my selection but the BMW's handling was too enticing, especially the M1. Plus it appeared a bit slow, hope it was not the driver  :P

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 07:38:20 PM »

The Nissan is a good car, would usually be my selection but the BMW's handling was too enticing, especially the M1. Plus it appeared a bit slow, hope it was not the driver  :P

The M1 was still a bit understeery compared to the Nissan. Nowhere near as bad as the Mustang though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal