Xtreme Gaming Network

S34R3 - Le Mans

Author Topic: S34R3 - Le Mans  (Read 14300 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S34R3 - Le Mans
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2020, 07:29:16 PM »
slow now, Torana only has a top speed of 262 kph now in the longest gear :(  its like 10 seconds a lap slower   :'(
Also cant pick hards anymore, only soft an medium
We can pretend we're 2019 Williams F1 drivers, and fight with each other in a separate race.
Maybe, I can get 268kph out of my A9X. ;)

I took the 262 from the car info page,  glad it goes a little faster than that
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2020, 10:34:27 PM »
The races went well, apart from my stuff up in R1...sorry AKG and Simone. I was then waiting for you in order to redress, but went into reverse gear by accident, which screwed up AKG again...damn!!! Sorry about me being so stupid.
Was lucky at the end of R2. Could have done a very low 4.23...just screwed up one turn.
The starts were pathetic of course.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2020, 10:42:00 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to Brad on the round win.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2020, 08:44:29 AM »
Thanks to suggestions from Wally and Seanus I got AC running again, but I have now gone back to a plain vanilla AC.

Time to start customizing again. Now there's a real 1st World problem!

We don't know how lucky we really are.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2020, 08:51:52 AM »
A sore wrist this morning but it is a wonderful thing to race with a bunch hardcore simmers like you.

Do not stress too much about it killa, it happens to everybody,look,,,,,,,,wally does it to me every week!!!!  Maaaaate!

Now,,,,,lets apply some Voltaren to my wrist

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2020, 09:10:43 AM »
Wanted to race but was still feeling pretty crook in the evening. Not sure the Mazda would have done too well here anyway.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2020, 09:25:11 AM »
WOW  :o !!!

I still can't believe how quick that Jaguar was and how well it stopped! My pole lap was a huge PB and I really didn't know there was that much time in the lap, I can only imagine what some of the better drivers could have done if they had that car! I knew there was time to be made in the Ford Chicanes so I threw the car into the first part with the win/bin attitude and managed to wrench the wheel fast enough to hold one as the car was out of control as I tried to avoid that massive sausage curb on the inside of the final chicane.

Race 1, looks on paper as a run away win, but it was bloody tough! Freezer's Nissan seems to break a fraction earlier, but his initial leap off the corners was better and both cars seems evenly paced up until around 260kph when the Jag's V12 finally have the legs to pull away....Early on Freezer was able to make a very good pass and we had some really close, clean racing until a few laps when Freezer had a bad run off Tertre Rouge corner leading onto the first part of the Mulsanne Straight and lost about 12 seconds to me, so after that I was able to manage the gap to take a very rare win  8)!

Race 2, I got a blinding start and slid around Killa's Volvo as the big cat blasted off the grid in chase of Freezers Nissan (once again) who very quickly got himself a 5 second gap out in front. For the first 5 laps it was just a matter of trying to chip away into the lead as our times were very close and it was only due to his mistake where he missed the first chicane on the Mulsanne straight that I was able to pull back the bulk of this gap. Towards the end of lap 5 I was just under 2 seconds behind until the Porsche curves where it looked like Freezers tyres had gone off and he made a very small mistake which meant were were less than 0.5s apart leading into the pits. We both pitted at the same time and the gap exiting the pits was less than a car length. The last 4 laps of the race were epic! I would pass Freezer early in the lap and he would pass me back towards the end of it. On the final lap I think the lead changed 4 times and it was only when I threw the big Jaguar into the Ford Chicanes that I was able to get past for the win.

Simply epic racing tonight, but I know next week when we head to A1 Ring that there won't be a repeat of this as the ole Jag will be back in it's rightful position towards the back end of the top 10.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 09:27:18 AM by bradc »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2020, 10:59:20 AM »
Nice write up Brad.

Race 1, glued to the back of Simone's Nissan. No can pass, finished 0.25 secs behind.

Race 2, blew up my gearbox half way through the last lap :(
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2020, 02:45:39 PM »
Definitely a Nissan v Jag battle last night.
I actually think the Nissan was slightly quicker on the straights as I could (with slip stream) complete a pass whereas the Jag seemed to only pull alongside.  Big difference was under brakes!!
The Nissan needs longer to brake and gets taily.  But then it does get the power down well out of the corner.
Race 1 with Brad was going well when as he said I clipped the outside kerb onto the back straight and lost to much time to try and catch up, with a few more small slips not helping my cause.
Race 2 I completely launched off the start and was well away.  I pulled a 4-5 second gap which I was able to maintain but once again some silly slips allowed Brad back onto my tail.  From there it was all pressure with numerous swaps.  It came down to the last lap, a 1-2 second gap, and I pushed extra hard, inching up to brad I got back into the slip stream and shot past just before the Porsche Curves.  I thought I was in the clear,
but Brad had other ideas.  We swapped some more paint but then into the final two chicanes he used the braking advantage to dive down the outside.  Trying to hold it tight I clipped the kerb and had a big wobble, allowing Killa ( who I didn't even realise was catching ) to slip through!!   Good nights racing!
Funny thing about tyres,  I always find myself comfortable on the cold tyres at the start, relative to others, then the field usually catches me on the hot tyres!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2020, 04:35:50 PM »
Funny thing about tyres,  I always find myself comfortable on the cold tyres at the start, relative to others, then the field usually catches me on the hot tyres!
You and me both.
I can't count the amount of times I've thought that to myself.

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal